W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Quick dyno question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008 | 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Quick dyno question

I was hoping that I could make it by the Famoso track on my way to Irvine this weekend but things fell through. Instead I'll be hitting the dyno to finally see what my VR600 will do. I was hoping that I could get some last minute advice on expectations and preparation. I'll also do some searching to see what I could dig up. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2008 | 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
what dyno will be going to? do a search for dyno mode, use stock rims if you can. post up results and pics!
Old 12-10-2008 | 09:12 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Does your dyno facility know how to dyno a 55 benz? If not, it is worth finding one that does..

I searched dyno mode and printed out procedures.. I then made sure back tires are aired up close to max PSI. I also worked the speed up slowly on the dyno (keep it cool) and then in 4th gear hit the gas at about 3600 rpm..

I am sure others know tricks to maybe dyno from a lower rpm but that his where I stabed it at..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-10-2008 | 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
what dyno will be going to? do a search for dyno mode, use stock rims if you can. post up results and pics!
It will be going on a dynojet. I'm already using stock rims, I'll be upgrading next year. This year is all about the engine mods.

Does your dyno facility know how to dyno a 55 benz? If not, it is worth finding one that does..
I'm having it dynoed at The Mustang Ranch here in Norcal. If someone know of a better place here in the Bay Area please let me know. I just want to know where I stand to compare future mods.
Old 12-10-2008 | 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
That’s too bad about missing the Famoso event – but there will no doubt be more of those in the future.

Did you have a chance to fit the heat exchanger before the dyno?
Old 12-11-2008 | 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by splinter
That’s too bad about missing the Famoso event – but there will no doubt be more of those in the future.

Did you have a chance to fit the heat exchanger before the dyno?
Yeah... it sucks, I really wanted to stop by Famoso to finally put some faces to these names. Like you said there will be plenty of events.

As for HE and CM30, I'm having that installed tomorrow. My tech will be doing my tranny service, HE, CM30, alignment, balancing, and -10 mod. I also have the PTE T-Stat coming in but that won't be here until Monday. The only thing I have left in the engine compartment is to split the circuit.
Old 12-11-2008 | 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yeah... it sucks, I really wanted to stop by Famoso to finally put some faces to these names. Like you said there will be plenty of events.

As for HE and CM30, I'm having that installed tomorrow. My tech will be doing my tranny service, HE, CM30, alignment, balancing, and -10 mod. I also have the PTE T-Stat coming in but that won't be here until Monday. The only thing I have left in the engine compartment is to split the circuit.
Hey...while your tech is in STAR, have him shut off the aggravating "key chime". I wish I had known about that when Vadim was in mine.
Old 12-13-2008 | 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I searched dyno mode and printed out procedures.. I then made sure back tires are aired up close to max PSI. I also worked the speed up slowly on the dyno (keep it cool) and then in 4th gear hit the gas at about 3600 rpm..
Is this the general consensus during a dyno run?

I'm also considering doing the ECU reset before the dyno run, what do you guys think? Probably doesn't make a difference but just thought I would do it for shiits and giggles.