Sponsored by:

Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
....one more thing, I have at least 1 possibly 2 test & tunes/track days I am going to attend before Famosa to get everything sorted out. Houston the week after next and Las Vegas the weekend of the 9th. Then it's off to Sunny California for a day of road racing at Willow on the 15th and then Famosa on the 17th. If any of you guys want to see what this thing was really built for then come on out to Willow for the afternoon. I might not have the quickest M-B at Famosa (but I probably will), but I am willing to wager any amount of money that nobody that is going to be racing Famosa and happens to beat me at the strip will beat me around the track at Willow in their M-B. Anybody that wants to take that bet better be pulling up in a modded SLR, and they better be able to drive the hell out of it.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by jrcart
I know all about running in positive DA, take a look at the DA on most of my previous record setting runs. I went 11.4's (on motor)at +1200...it took JT55 -2500 at MIR to match that motor only e/t. I still don't know why you guys think we have perfect conditions at our midwest tracks, most of them are 600-900 feet above sea level and the heat and humidity is a killer. Once and a while we luck out with some great conditions, but for the most part the air here sucks during the months our tracks are open. Remember our tracks around Chicago close down early to mid October and don't open up until early April at the earliest weather permitting. AS for having the ***** to stay in it...it has noting to do with ***** and everything to do with brains, bragging rights are not worth walling my car, have you ever bounced your car off the rev limiter because of wheel spin at 120 mph? I doubt you have, It's not fun. I plan on a little bigger shot 125-150, but it might be usleless if it just spins the tires up, but I have installed a little fix for that problem (I hope) .
now come on jim. before everyone decided on mir for the fall event, you were trying to get everone to come your midwest track because you said it was one of the fastest tracks in the country. now when you're trying to break 10s you imply it sucks??? sorry, but you can't have it both ways. and don't even discuss da with me. i would kill to run in +1200ft da...try setting records while running in +3000ft da!

as for spinning at 120mph, if it REALLY has to do with brains, do the smart thing and get the proper tires up front to go with your slicks and rule out the fact that you shouldn't be running bias ply tires with a radials. i'm not sure but i think you've humbly mentioned once or twice that you might have the money for one more set of tires.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
....one more thing, I have at least 1 possibly 2 test & tunes/track days I am going to attend before Famosa to get everything sorted out. Houston the week after next and Las Vegas the weekend of the 9th. Then it's off to Sunny California for a day of road racing at Willow on the 15th and then Famosa on the 17th. If any of you guys want to see what this thing was really built for then come on out to Willow for the afternoon. I might not have the quickest M-B at Famosa (but I probably will), but I am willing to wager any amount of money that nobody that is going to be racing Famosa and happens to beat me at the strip will beat me around the track at Willow in their M-B. Anybody that wants to take that bet better be pulling up in a modded SLR, and they better be able to drive the hell out of it.
Jim, Willow sounds like a blast What event is it? is it open or prereg? I would love to see you run your beast on the course, that thing must really kick azz in the twisties. I ran the CLS63 at the AMG challenge with Tommy Kendell and it really was a surprise to the both of us on the way these cars can take the turns, not as great as the BS but very nice. I just installed the the GT BREMBO PKG 8 piston, DYMAGS and road tires are next
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
now come on jim. before everyone decided on mir for the fall event, you were trying to get everone to come your midwest track because you said it was one of the fastest tracks in the country. now when you're trying to break 10s you imply it sucks??? sorry, but you can't have it both ways. and don't even discuss da with me. i would kill to run in +1200ft da...try setting records while running in +3000ft da!

as for spinning at 120mph, if it REALLY has to do with brains, do the smart thing and get the proper tires up front to go with your slicks and rule out the fact that you shouldn't be running bias ply tires with a radials. i'm not sure but i think you've humbly mentioned once or twice that you might have the money for one more set of tires.
ahh Mikey, another expert on everything...or so you think. You are way off on the tire issue, running radials in the front has nothing to do with the tires breaking loose, it only has to do with the tracking of the car and most of that is mythical information anyhow. As for the track conditions, I never implied it sucks here, I just said our air conditions are less than perfect most of the season in the Midwest, in the Early spring or late fall Route 66 is one of the fastest tracks (take a look at NHRA records), the track surface prep is the best I have ever run on, I have not yet had the opportunity to run my BS at Route 66 in great air conditions, all my runs have been in July August and early September with pretty high humidity. One of the main reason I pushed for a Midwest race was to make it easier logistically and financially for east coast guys and west coast guys to attend an event, I remember when the MIR event was origianlly touted as "EAST vs. WEST" LOL so much for that joke of a story line. Nobody west of the Mississippi attended MIR. Since you made a back handed money comment I will now do the same...it's obvious I can afford an extra set of tires....or 10...or 20 and it's also obvious I can afford to haul my car across the country and back as many times as I want to just for a couple hours of racing, so don't even go there! How come you did not make it out to MIR? I'm going to set up an event here in Chicago this spring, do you think you will make it? I doubt you will, you will probably have some lame excuse, but I know it's just because you are probably a broke azz, but I'll throw it out there anyhow.

-1000 or +3000 your car does not have anything for me, so talk it up and make an interesting storyline for everyone watching...remeber your SC negates most of the DA effect....but you're an expert so you should already know that, my NOS negates most of it as well, so the way I look at it you ran an 11.38 and I ran an 11.13 (and shut down), my public school math skills tell me that you are .25 seconds off the pace, that's not even in the same league my friend. I hear through the grapevine that you are planning on spraying as well...well I have a few more goodies that I might have forgotten to mention as well that will be on the car before Famosa. If you care to put your money were your mouth is let me know, I'm always game for a wager to make things interesting.

Mikey, a word of advice, don't let your mouth overload your azz because I will be there in 3 weeks, no more internet tough guy talk from 1500 miles away, now it's down to real business.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Hey guys, it's a Famoso Race event brought to you by
WEST COAST EXTREME, for fun and braging rights THat's it Money means NOTHING HERE We want to see the best of the best run HEAD TO HEAD. If you jump the light YOU LOSE, If you cross the 1/4 line first
YOU WIN, ANY QUESTIONS????????????
LETS HAVE A BLAST

Don't make me bring a 9 second $12k Honda Civic to the track

Jim, I will see you in March with at least two more west coast guys even if I have to pay their way again thanks for coming out to Famoso
Old 12-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
The issue with mixing tires is not a myth, it is clearly stated on almost every bias ply manufacturers site. Just cuz Joe Shmoe tells you its ok doesn't make it true. I'm sure the people who manufacture the tires know more than whoever is telling you its ok. There are cars making well over 800whp with the same rear tires as you that dont lose traction at 1000'. I'm not quite sure how yours breaks the tires loose. Maybe you dont heat them up enough I'm not saying this in a derogatory manner, I'm trying to help you out. Telling you not to mix tires benefits me in no way whatsover. I just want to see your car run what its capable of and not have you put it in the wall

Please stop bringing up money. We all know you have it so there is no point in throwing it into peoples faces every time there is a difference in opinion. Some of us like to race for fun or the sport of it. Your car is very nice ad I'm sure people would appreciate it 100X more if you worked on your attitude on the forum.

Lets stop with the paper racing too. All this trash talking feels like deja vu. Same stuff happened prior to the MIR event. Your car runs what it runs, not what you think it should run. It also doesn't make you any more or less of a man if your car is faster/slower. I love hanging out with the turbo BMW guys (and most of the guys here) because they help each other go faster and share knowledge. I know the top 3 fastest ones personally and I have to say they are some of the coolest down to earth people you will ever meet. They have FRIENDLY competition and push each other to go faster, its awesome. I'd love to see the MB forum more like that.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 12-21-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nah, no expert...i just know when i'm getting bs'd. please don't put yourself in groups as favorable as marko and the likes. your car hasn't run 10s and you don't have anywhere near the class those guys do. glad and surprised you picked up on my comment. i'm sure you have more money than me or, i'm sorry, more money than everyone here combined, but that doesn't make you a guy i'd travel all the way to mir or even chicago to be around. not that you care or understand, but my respect isn't for sale. the people on this board that i consider my friends know why i didn't go to mir. ironic that your "grapevine" couldn't figure that one out.

and no, my s/c doesn't negate da close to the way n2o does so don't down play the megashot of n2o you need to compete with the overweight limos around here. you also need to quit paying attention to the this uninformed "grapevine" you keep referring to. so far it has given you some pretty bad info about people and the cars on this board. i have absolutely no intentions of running n2o at famoso.

please try to understand a few last things. that i've never talked the "tough guy" talk you're referring to and you're the last person i'd ever take advice from. just come out to race or have fun and get off your high horse cause none of it impresses me in the least.

IF i make it to famoso i'll see you in a few weeks. if you want to say hi, just look for the guy having fun meeting good people.

Last edited by chiromikey; 12-21-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Old 12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Remember fellas, this really will not be about "the fastest car" It is about the most consistant car, the car that on a timed tree will not let you down.

we are going to run brackets on a timed tree, we should either pair cars that are very similar weight and power or run a timed tree which would be soooooooooo entertaining.

Rick , I need wheels man, please help me out brah I will take yer leftovers after you buy the DYMAGS in the classifieds.(6k) with corsas. COMON BUDDY h e l p .

I still never got slips from ANYBODY??? What the heck. fax or email .

I have some pretty telling footage of Tricky in action. LOL
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM

2008 Dodge Challenger
Same track, Same Day, Same weather, run what you brung and let the timeslips speak for themselves. Least thats how we do it!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3-pointed star
MB_Forever, answer your phone. I need tires!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz

Please stop bringing up money. We all know you have it so there is no point in throwing it into peoples faces every time there is a difference in opinion. Some of us like to race for fun or the sport of it. Your car is very nice ad I'm sure people would appreciate it 100X more if you worked on your attitude on the forum.
Talk to Chirodickey....I mean Chiromikey, he's the one that brought up money, not me! But then again, I'm the easy target.

....If you have not noticed by now I don't really care who appreciates me or not. Ahmad, you are about the only guy I will let get away with a little ***** talking, you earned it, you beat me fair and square on the same track on the same day and I have not forgotten that, until the day comes that I better your time you are the man and I mean that.

In the past year of being on this board I have figured most of the regulars out, most of them talk a real good game but don't do squat to back it up. They should change the name to BS World Forum, and I don't mean Black Series. I've owned my car a little over a year and I'm going quicker and faster than most of the guys that have been tuning their 55's for 4-5 years. Most of you said it could/will never happen, "no way will a 63 contend with the quickest 55's"...well guess what! You guys tried calling on me when I told you what my car was going to do, I have backed up everything I have ever said. When it comes to events, again, not many of you guys put your money where your mouth is, god forbid you guys have to drive more than 3 hours to get to a track. Bottom line, we have a lot of internet tough guy dreamers that like to sit at home behind their computer and act like experts...real world results are the only thing that matters and I've backed myself up 110%. I beg any of you to find a claim that I have made that I have not backed up.

So over the next few weeks I'll probably **** a few more people off, hear about DA this and elevations that and tires this or ECU that, but at the end of the day it's pretty likely that I am going to have the quickest and fastest MB at Famosa.

P.S. Ahmad, are you flying out to Famosa? I want to to make a pass in my car on the bottle and you tell me if my tires are breaking loose, still not too sure why you doubt this, we have video and audio proof as well as dozens of witnesses. Maybe the reason my car does it and a 800 hp car does not has to do with my suspension? So I urge you to come see for yourself.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Lets keep the event friendly guys, so everybody can have a good time and enjoy the races. Honestly, I think that Jim vs chiromikey will be one of the closest and best races at the event. chiromikey owns one of the quickest/fastest E55 in the west coast. He ran an 11.38 in a DA of +2500 ft, which corrects down to at least 11.10s. Similarly, Jim owns the quickest/fastest CLK63 in the country and his car ran low 11s a few times, and still seems to be getting stronger by the minute. Add to the mix, BENZGal, Rick, and serge's 10 second M3 that's hoping to break into the 9s, and we've got one crazy event

Can't wait......

By the way, you don't have to run bracket races. To everybody who's attending: you can run as many times as you want with whomever you want. We're just stirring the pot to make things more interesting

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-21-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM

2008 Dodge Challenger
I wanna see the video of the tires breaking loose at 100mph? Is that shot set up on a progressive controller? B&G tcm?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IF i make it to famoso i'll see you in a few weeks. if you want to say hi, just look for the guy having fun meeting good people.
IF YOU MAKE IT TO FAMOSA??????????? Why would you not make it? God that would be friggin funny if I can make it from Chicago but you can't make it from Pheonix or wherever the hell it is that you live. It can't be more than a 5-6 drive from wherever you are.

....Already making excuses, typical!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

awe jim...you resorting to name calling already???

actually mo, ahmad owns the quickest clk in the country (and likely the fastest if he gets to use n2o).
Old 12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IF YOU MAKE IT TO FAMOSA??????????? Why would you not make it? God that would be friggin funny if I can make it from Chicago but you can't make it from Pheonix or wherever the hell it is that you live. It can't be more than a 5-6 drive from wherever you are.

....Already making excuses, typical!
go back and look at my first few posts about making this event. or didn't your grapevine connections fill you in properly again?

regardless, please try to remember...i'm not as rich as you so i don't have the luxury of being able to afford chasing my insecurities all across the country.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 426Hemi
I wanna see the video of the tires breaking loose at 100mph? Is that shot set up on a progressive controller? B&G tcm?
I think it is posted in the MIR thread, one of Ahmad's (BLACKBENZZ) friends took the video, you can't see the tires break loose becasue vid was taken at start line however you can hear the revs shoot up and you can clearly hear me letting off and pedaling the throttle. I will see if I can link it over here. You can also take a look at my timeslips and tell that things fell off on the back half...should be the other way around on the juice, right?

...and no, there was not a progressive controler on my car in the vid, but there will be one on my car before the Famosa event.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

awe jim...you resorting to name calling already???

actually mo, ahmad owns the quickest clk in the country (and likely the fastest if he gets to use n2o).
DO YOU NEED HOOKED ON READING? WHERE DID I SAY MY CAR WAS QUICKER THAN AHMAD'S? I just stated his car is quicker than mine...open up your eye Mikey!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Okay, fixed the above post. Ahmad, sorry about that...
Old 12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

DO YOU NEED HOOKED ON READING? WHERE DID I SAY MY CAR WAS QUICKER THAN AHMAD'S? I just stated his car is quicker than mine...open up your eye Mikey!
i don't need it but you do. go back and read again. i was commenting on mo's comments.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Waiting List

Updated Waiting List
===============

1) Envied - Jeep SRT8
2) palantirion - 2007 Z4 M Coupe/2003 M5
3) 05whitehemi - QCSB Ram
4) Bryce - 2006 300SRT8
5) Max.H - E55 - Stock
6) Brute SRT
7) TravisM6 - BMW M6 - Stage 2+
8) Bryan55 - C6 Z06 - Bolt-ons
9)
10)
Old 12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
YO MO WHAT UP MAN? Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc,..
Old 12-22-2008, 12:13 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I think it is posted in the MIR thread, one of Ahmad's (BLACKBENZZ) friends took the video, you can't see the tires break loose becasue vid was taken at start line however you can hear the revs shoot up and you can clearly hear me letting off and pedaling the throttle. I will see if I can link it over here. You can also take a look at my timeslips and tell that things fell off on the back half...should be the other way around on the juice, right?

...and no, there was not a progressive controler on my car in the vid, but there will be one on my car before the Famosa event.
Depending on humidity and track surfaces it's common for precipitation to begin to creep up through the asphalt with high humidity situations. So slippage from 2nd to 3rd gear is possible. I've done it before with hoosiers and I'm only half the horsepower of most.

I'm up for bracket racing anybody after dialin' in. A gambler round can be set up. Basically everyone that wants to bracket race puts in a few bucks into the pot and the winner takes all. As Juicee said earlier it's about consistency and reaction time. .50 or more can easily be lost at the tree. Also the risk of running under your dial and breaking out is always a factor as well. Breaking out is the equivalent of red lighting, you lose. It prevents cheaters from dialin' their car slower than it actually is. Tecnically if both have identical reaction times and dial's are right on, they will pass the finish line together. Luckily the timers are precise to the thousands of a second. It's lots of fun comparing skills and cars.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
^ It was not high humidity and these supras were running the same track and same day.

P.S. Ahmad, are you flying out to Famosa? I want to to make a pass in my car on the bottle and you tell me if my tires are breaking loose, still not too sure why you doubt this, we have video and audio proof as well as dozens of witnesses. Maybe the reason my car does it and a 800 hp car does not has to do with my suspension? So I urge you to come see for yourself.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can make it

Can I see video that shows you spinning? I just would like to see for myself.

The vid posted was not of your 11.13 run so how does it prove you let off on that run? I can post the vid for you but I dont understand what it proves. Can you post slips of on and off spray? Thanks.

Edit: here you go http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=HPIM1807.flv

I dont hear tire spin, i just hear you leting off and geting back in it. And it wasnt at the 1000' mark
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Okay, fixed the above post. Ahmad, sorry about that...
It's all good

Last edited by blackbenzz; 12-22-2008 at 01:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009