W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I almost just totaled my Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you have the car checked out after the incident? I fell asleep after a night out at 60 mph and went into a field. Thought the car was fine until closer inspection and the forces of going off the road buckled the roof a bit because of body torque I'm guessing. Awesome car, and probably good that you experienced the car a little bit out of control and could walk away from it. I'm near Naperville in St. Charles, what do you use for your winter car?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 AM

'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
Originally Posted by Rock
I did not find the wipe-out video but I did find a place that specializes in CLK Black detailing. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Bikini-Driving-2_158435.htm
after viewing this video I'm confused to how I got a boner. was it the girl? was it the the car? or was it just morning wood?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by 2000c230sport
Did you have the car checked out after the incident? I fell asleep after a night out at 60 mph and went into a field. Thought the car was fine until closer inspection and the forces of going off the road buckled the roof a bit because of body torque I'm guessing. Awesome car, and probably good that you experienced the car a little bit out of control and could walk away from it. I'm near Naperville in St. Charles, what do you use for your winter car?
No way are you kidding me, I don't drive any of my fast cars in the winter, that is the reason I shipped this one to Texas for the winter, weather is usually a lot nicer in Dallas than it is in Chicago this time of year. I have several other "winter" vehicles.

AS for getting the car looked at, I am going to take it in an put it on a rack, it was about due for a new allignment and corner balance anyhow.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
I'm not going to lecture, but I cant believe you threw your McDonalds cup out the window and still managed to run over it!

Just kidding

Nick
Old 12-24-2008, 11:07 AM

2008 Corvette
I was the one that forwarded the pictures to DFW01E55 as he is my neighbor and I REALLY like his CLK63 BS and was hoping it wasn't his car. Though, I felt better once I saw the IL plates. The pictures came from a friend of mine who was in the CTS-V.

He should have his side of the story later today. I do find it a bit amusing that based on the picture you've all seen that you think the CTS-V driver should have assisted the 63BS driver. It was obvious to my friend that he was not injured, nor did the car appear damaged. He was more interested in getting some good documentation of an unusual incident more than anything else.

jrcart, I hope you can figure out how to handle that car a little better, so next time you don't take out a few cars during any future encounter.

Last edited by quikag; 12-24-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
I've seen 1 in Lewisville, silver too.
PM me or call when you're in town.
It might have been mine, I have had my car down there a few times. I'm always running all over the place between Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano Addison, pretty much everywhere north of Dallas
Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by quikag
I was the one that forwarded the pictures to DFW01E55 as he is my neighbor and I REALLY like his CLK63 BS and was hoping it wasn't his car. Though, I felt better once I saw the IL plates. The pictures came from a friend of mine who was in the CTS-V.

He should have his side of the story later today. I do find it a bit amusing that based on the picture you've all seen that you think the CTS-V driver should have assisted the 63BS driver. It was obvious to my friend that he was not injured, nor did the car appear damaged. He was more interested in getting some good documentation of an unusual incident more than anything else.

jrcart, I hope you can figure out how to handle that car a little better, so next time you don't take out a few cars during any future encounter.

hmmm....First of all, I don't think the guy with the cam needed to stop, like you said I was fine adn the car was fine.

As for your comments on me figuring out how to handle my car, that is actually quite funny...sounds like we are neighbors, anytime you want to hit a road course and have me give you a driving lesson and a protological exam in the process just say the word...listen here newb you better know a little bit about the person you are insulting and their racing experiecne before you start jumping to conclusions. Even the best of us let our cars get away from us once in a while. Let's put it this way, if you have never had your car get away from you I know you are slow and can't drive because if you could you would know that s**t happens once in a while. If I had anything to hide do you think i would have even posted this thread in the first place?

Now go away and take your attitude with you chump!

Last edited by jrcart; 12-24-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 PM

2008 Corvette
Originally Posted by jrcart
hmmm....First of all, I don't think the guy with the cam needed to stop, like you said I was fine adn the car was fine.

As for your comments on me figuring out how to handle my car, that is actually quite funny...sounds like we are neighbors, anytime you want to hit a road course and have me give you a driving lesson and a protological exam in the process just say the word...listen here newb you better know a little bit about the person you are insulting and their racing experiecne before you start jumping to conclusions. Even the best of us let our cars get away from us once in a while. Let's put it this way, if you have never had your car get away from you I know you are slow and can't drive because if you could you would know that s**t happens once in a while. If I had anything to hide do you think i would have even posted this thread in the first place?

Now go away and take your attitude with you chump!
You can interpret my comments any way you so choose, but you're the dumbass that drove your car into the grass because you couldn't correct a little torque vectoring with unstable road conditions.

As far as track days go, I'd be damn impressed if your CLK63BS could keep up with my C6, but it is highly unlikely. Arrogance and true driving skill rarely go hand in hand. Your photographed incident just proves the fact.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2008, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
heh

You can interpret my comments any way you so choose, but you're the dumbass that drove your car into the grass because you couldn't correct a little torque vectoring with unstable road conditions.

As far as track days go, I'd be damn impressed if your CLK63BS could keep up with my C6, but it is highly unlikely. Arrogance and true driving skill rarely go hand in hand. Your photographed incident just proves the fact.

Have a Merry Christmas!
don't mind Jrcart ... he is MBWorld's internet "Bad Boy" ...
Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
I want tickets for this show !
Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SLK55R
don't mind Jrcart ... he is MBWorld's internet "Bad Boy" ...
Yep, MB World Internet Tough Guy, that's me! The same tough guy that lugs his car from coast to coast for various events and track days and the same tough guy that has backed up every claim and promise....what have you done lately? BTW my sister drives an SLK, real cute car LOL!
Old 12-24-2008, 02:43 PM

'04 CTS-V
Guys, I just arrived in Dallas this afternoon. I pulled my car out of the trailer and decided to take it for a spin, I have not driven it since MIR. I'm cruising down the road minding my own business when a CTS-V pulls up next to me. The driver looks over smiles then pulls out a video camera. I figure what the hell, no way is this guy going to beat me, I own one of the fastest V's in country, what are the odds this guy has something for me. I nail it, my tires break loose for about 30-40 ft, I am ahead of him but we are coming up on traffic and I had to hit the off ramp so I decide to switch lanes while still on the gas 100%......well apearently they had some ice in Dallas this past weekend and unknown to me is the fact that they pour sand on the road instead of salt, as soon as I hit the sand that had appearently accumilated and built up between lanes my car spun out, I did my best to counter steer and control the car, the next thing you know I am heading down an embankment into a field, at this point I have managed to slow the car to waht feels like about 70mph but still pretty much out of control, I guess I founf the week point of my Black Series, off-roading LOL. I finally get control of the car and bring it to a hault. I stop and get out to inspect the damage, I look up and there is the guy with the CTS V still video taping. Much to my suprise I did not damage anything, I thought for sure I would be calling up Evosprort to order a new front diffuser, but it looks un-touched.

I assume that this guy in the CTS will be posting this up on You Tube so keep your eyes peeled and if anyone finds it be sure to post up a link or e-mail it to me. I want to see this for myself.

EDIT: Pics posted by DFW0155 at bottom of this page and on page 2
Hey jrcart,

I'm the driver of the silver V (stock). Thanks for making a boring run to the bank a little thrilling and giving us all a good story to tell. I'm glad your car was ok.

I had just got on the freeway 2 exits back when I saw the back of "not normal" Mercedes. I didn't catch up to you until you were exiting so I zipped up right behind you on the exit ramp (my exit too) to get a better look and grabbed my iPhone (unfortunately not a video cam) to snap the 1st pic. I would estimate we were closer to about 45mph with a car right in front of you and me right behind you. I quit my camera app and put my phone back down, the off ramp was ending and merging with the 2 lane service road and the lane to the right of the car in front of you was open. The service road was a fairly low traction surface as it is smooth asphalt and it was cold. Next thing I knew I heard a *ferocious* sounding exhaust roar and sounded like a violent kickdown of an auto trans as you steered right to go around the car in front of you. Your rear tires lit up instantly leaving black lines and swerving sideways toward the right side of the road. As you corrected back to the left, you just about passed the car that was in front of you going completely sideways! Nice job not collecting them. You then came back across the lane in front of me and right down into the thankfully clear and clean grass median between the service road and the freeway.

I actually came to a complete stop on the service road and grabbed my phone again for Pic #2. I exchanged a few thumbs up/hang loose signs with your passenger and you were obviously ok as you rolled down onto the freeway shoulder. I wished I could get down there just to share the excitement and see your car up close but traffic was piled up behind me and I didn't want to do any off roading myself

Anyway, the car looked awesome and made my day quite a bit more interesting. I won't criticize your driving as I'll agree that we all do make mistakes from time to time.

Hopefully we can all be at a track down here together sometime and have some fun.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
where is pic #2?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:46 PM

somethings better left unsaid ...
Originally Posted by Fantasm
where is pic #2?
refers to the "before" picture in post # 71 ... pic # 2 would be the "after" picture in the 1st page.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos

Have a Merry Christmas!
I like this guy.

JRcart's ego sometimes gets a bit overinflated
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
wow... what a story... glad everyone was ok and the car is ok too...

very nice car by the way

i drive that way fairly often and i was actually on my way to vista ridge mall that night also... if i had seen your car down there, i might have cried

yeah... the sand/salt/deicing mix they put on the road sucks during the winter but it keeps the ice away.

hope to see you driving around sometime.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I exchanged a few thumbs up/hang loose signs with your passenger and you were obviously ok as you rolled down onto the freeway shoulder.
We were never told this part, I guess in Jim's enraged state he missed it?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Whoa, crazy story! As a car enthusiast, I drive a lot in the snow/ice etc. and consider myself a good driver, but if I had jcarts ride, I would have been in the same situation if not in the wall! To me, it looks like Jcart had the skills to make it land where it did, and not in a tree or oncoming traffic. Eitherway, glad everyone was ok!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
Damn man, glad to here everyone is alright.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
yup

Yep, MB World Internet Tough Guy, that's me! The same tough guy that lugs his car from coast to coast for various events and track days and the same tough guy that has backed up every claim and promise....what have you done lately? BTW my sister drives an SLK, real cute car LOL!
Do I even need to say anything else? Your an very rich *** ... we all know it. You are also a car enthusiast ... which is fantastic, but it doesn't compensate for your attitude. Do you really think lugging your car coast to coast makes up for your attitude?

I have no idea what prompts you to try and belittle almost everyone OR constantly shove your "richness" in all our faces but whatever ...

Bragging about going 100 and almost crashing with footage and pictures of your license plate etc on an internet forum probably isn't a good idea. But no biggie you can always buy your way out if sometime does happen.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if I'm in the minority on this board that feels this way. Of course you don't care so it doesn't really matter.

Btw your sister has good taste, I love the SLK. I love the CLK BS too but I'll wait for the FI versions coming out later.

Since I did bother to respond, I might as well say that I hope your car doesn't have an hidden issues from the accident. Good luck hopefully nothing else will happen.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I remember a certain claim of beating any non-nitrous 55 car at MIR that wasn't fulfilled
Old 12-24-2008, 09:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I remember a certain claim of beating any non-nitrous 55 car at MIR that wasn't fulfilled
Oh chit... here comes the drama
Old 12-24-2008, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by SLK55R
Do I even need to say anything else? Your an very rich *** ... we all know it. You are also a car enthusiast ... which is fantastic, but it doesn't compensate for your attitude. Do you really think lugging your car coast to coast makes up for your attitude?

I have no idea what prompts you to try and belittle almost everyone OR constantly shove your "richness" in all our faces but whatever ...

Bragging about going 100 and almost crashing with footage and pictures of your license plate etc on an internet forum probably isn't a good idea. But no biggie you can always buy your way out if sometime does happen.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if I'm in the minority on this board that feels this way. Of course you don't care so it doesn't really matter.

Btw your sister has good taste, I love the SLK. I love the CLK BS too but I'll wait for the FI versions coming out later.

Since I did bother to respond, I might as well say that I hope your car doesn't have an hidden issues from the accident. Good luck hopefully nothing else will happen.
Jesse, ease up on Jim a little, once you get to know him he's a good guy.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Oh chit... here comes the drama
I'm just messin around. No drama will follow

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I almost just totaled my Black Series