I almost just totaled my Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by liquiddi
Luckily, for me I live next to as much of a autobahn as the US will get. Not a lot of cars on the great river road here in IL and lots of places to go really fast. As far as the highways go, I don't mess around with them no matter what. Too much can go wrong. I get people trying to get me to race all the time. I just don't do it on the highway. I know it is hard for some of you guys though because you do not have an awesome road like i have to travel every day. So, I can understand the highway stuff. If I didn't have the river road I would probably be going really fast on the highway lol.
Ah, yes, I have driven and riden stretchs of The Great River Road between Galena and Moline, we call it the mid-west version of Hwy 1 which heads up the Cali coast. Gets nice and twisty with lots of elevation changes up near Galena. I am always amazed by how most of these guys in and around Chicago that call themselves enthusiests have never heard of let alone driven any portion of The Great River Road and they are 2 hours away from it. I tried getting some guys from MB World together last year for a River Road run, but they ended up going to a hight populated and congested stretch of road instead.

BTW, where do you live? Maybe we can organize a run their in the spring, would be a nice change of pace.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Interesting, I know that road! I taught film production at the U of I for a short time. I explored a lot and 'discovered' that road. Nice up and down twisty spots along the river, unlike the Champaign-Urbana soybean field straights. Been back in LA for a long time since, but have nice memories or that region. Except for ice and snow....

Yeah, the PCH is nice past SLO, but can still sometimes be crowded with tourists. Lots of canyon roads just east of the Central Coast that are good for warming up tires.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ah, yes, I have driven and riden stretchs of The Great River Road between Galena and Moline, we call it the mid-west version of Hwy 1 which heads up the Cali coast. Gets nice and twisty with lots of elevation changes up near Galena. I am always amazed by how most of these guys in and around Chicago that call themselves enthusiests have never heard of let alone driven any portion of The Great River Road and they are 2 hours away from it. I tried getting some guys from MB World together last year for a River Road run, but they ended up going to a hight populated and congested stretch of road instead.

BTW, where do you live? Maybe we can organize a run their in the spring, would be a nice change of pace.

Cool! I'm down by St. Louis. Around an area called Alton or Grafton IL. We have an annual cannonball run with about 30 cars every year. Keep in mind these are all different makes. Lots of Corvette's (old ZR1, C5's, C6's), Mustangs, Cobra replicas, BMW's and many old cars. It's a blast. We go from Alton to Calhoun for lunch and back. It is so fun we are doing it about 3 times out of the year. Everyone wants me to bring my E63 to see how they stack up for the next run. Granted, I seemed to be the king of the hill before with my C6 so the E63 should have no problem dominating lol. I live in a subdivision off the river road so like I said I have an awesome drive every day.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Ahmad, I already gave you props many times ...like I said the other day, you are the only guy that has earned the right to s**t talk, all these others guys are grasping at straws and chasing their tails. I'm still gunning for you, don't get to content just yet
Thanks Jim I'm just messin around so don't take it seriously (I don't think you are). I know it's only a matter of time before the competition is bumped up o a new level... tens
Old 12-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
JrCart just turbo the damn CLK63 and call it a night.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks Jim I'm just messin around so don't take it seriously (I don't think you are). I know it's only a matter of time before the competition is bumped up o a new level... tens
I hope those 10's come sooner rather than later. I am going to be running 3 out of 4 weekends in January attempting to grasp that elusive 10.?? second e/t. I'll be running in Vegas the weekend of the 9th, Fomosa on the 17th and Houston on the 24th, if I don't do it on the 24th in Houston I am preparred to stay down there rent the track every day until the conditions are right for it to happen.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Thanks for the info, I currently run the 3 inch Sparco 5-points. Are the ones you mentioned above also SFI certified? I see they are FIA and HANS but I also need SFI certification. I got kicked off of a drag strip this summer because my harnesses were only FIA not SFI, seems the crazy rednecks that run tech inspection at the drag strips don't have a clue what FIA is...lets see, I can run them in an F1 car in Monaco at 200+ mph, but not at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, IL LOL, so I had to order up the set that is in my car currently which are FIA/HANS/SFI.
Your Sparco harnesses are made by Schrothe, FYI (as are all current Sparco harnesses). What you had before was a street belt with the Schrothe technology, but as you know it was not ok for the strip you frequent.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Jim - there is something else worth considering, while we are on the safety issue. The fact that you have a roll cage in your car, despite being padded, presents an additional problem in the event of an accident if driving on the streets without a helmet.

I am sure that you and Brad have discussed this as you are track addicts like myself. I just raise the topic here because this is an often overlooked area when modding a street car with a cage.

I for one would not like my cranium to whack a roll bar in a crash. I cracked the roof on my Spec Miata in a rear crash at Turn 8 at the NASA nationals this year Mid Ohio, and my head hurt for weeks, and it was encased in an Arai GP5!

And on the harness issue, remember to adjust them on either side of he family jewels - I hit the wall at turn 1 at 90mph Road Atlanta this year and my gonads were swollen for a month - not a good look! Heres the video from that crash

Hmmmm - NOTE to SELF - stay off the walls - way cheaper and hurts less!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by siswati
I for one would not like my cranium to whack a roll bar in a crash. I cracked the roof on my Spec Miata in a rear crash at Turn 8 at the NASA nationals this year Mid Ohio, and my head hurt for weeks, and it was encased in an Arai GP5!

And on the harness issue, remember to adjust them on either side of he family jewels - I hit the wall at turn 1 at 90mph Road Atlanta this year and my gonads were swollen for a month - not a good look! Heres the video from that crash

Hmmmm - NOTE to SELF - stay off the walls - way cheaper and hurts less!
Oooooo, Spec Miata....fun with a little bumping, rubbing, and drafting. I see you put a Racetech in there, BTDT in a 1.6 and that was a real PITA but WELL worth it as that was the car described in the wreck above and saved my wife's bacon.

BTW, Only a Spec Miata dirver would try to start the engine and finish the race after smashing half the front end off! (j/k)
Old 12-30-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by E55Pilot

The more important question is why are you wearing a 5 point harness in a street car on the street

Dude, just ask these guys. All street racers/Vin Diesel wanna-be's should equip their cars with 5-point harnesses, NOS, and lambo doors. Our boy Jrcart has followed these commandments religiously.

Seriously though, thank God you're ok Jim and you didn't kill yourself or others around you. You're also VERY lucky that you landed in the grass. I know that if that were to happen to me on the highways that I race on, I'd be annihilated by steel dividers or concrete walls. Hopefully no damage was done to the car and you can get that thing back on the streets. Like you said, the only thing that was hurt was your ego. Let it be a lesson that street racing is no joke and your car, the roads you travel on, and the people who's lives you put at stake must be totally respected. I've seen my life flash before my eyes more times than I can remember while racing, so I've been there bro. Be safe.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:49 PM

A slow Tahoe!
I hope those 10's come sooner rather than later. I am going to be running 3 out of 4 weekends in January attempting to grasp that elusive 10.?? second e/t. I'll be running in Vegas the weekend of the 9th, Fomosa on the 17th and Houston on the 24th, if I don't do it on the 24th in Houston I am preparred to stay down there rent the track every day until the conditions are right for it to happen.

Why don't you just buy the track??? While you're at it buy a huge tent to cover the track, better yet, just build a building around the track, heat and cool it to your satisfaction. Money seems to be no problem for you.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Jim, just buy my car. I will include a guaranteed 10s pass in the bill of sale
Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by E55BKS
Why don't you just buy the track??? While you're at it buy a huge tent to cover the track, better yet, just build a building around the track, heat and cool it to your satisfaction. Money seems to be no problem for you.
I was talking to my buddy Oldgixxer about that the other day. I said "with all of Jim's money, why can't he just buy an airport, close it down, and turn it into his own private track? Fully customizable to his liking. And if he still can't hit 10's, he can just print out a 10 sec slip . Just messin Jim! haha
Old 12-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Bicycle
Ahmad, I already gave you props many times ...like I said the other day, you are the only guy that has earned the right to s**t talk, all these others guys are grasping at straws and chasing their tails. I'm still gunning for you, don't get to content just yet
Cool car, I had a Plymouth Duster when I was 19 that ran 10.90's (pump gas, on motor) that would whoop its *** though. You have the wrong car if you're trying to be the drag racing king..is all I am saying.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OutlawAMG
Cool car, I had a Plymouth Duster when I was 19 that ran 10.90's (pump gas, on motor) that would whoop its *** though. You have the wrong car if you're trying to be the drag racing king..is all I am saying.
....ohhhhh 10.90's in a Duster...soooooo fast....I'm so far away form 10.90's in my car, such a high hurdle, I might never hit 10.90's. One more question for you John Force, that is your name, right? How were the brakes on that Duster, how did it handle on a road course? Did the A/C blow nice and cold? Who ever said anything about being the "drag racing king"? My car is built for road racing, like I have told the many before you that make ignorant comments, show me a car that can run 11.1's and then go lap a road course at a blistering pace with the EXACT same set-up (except tires) and I will be impressed...to date I have yet to run up against a car that can beat mine in both departments. Think you got what it takes? Produce a car that you think can beat me at both....I'm waiting

A few of you are going to see first hand in 2 weeks what my car was built for, I will be running at Willow on Thursday the 15th and Famosa on Saturday the 17th on the exact same set-up.

Last edited by jrcart; 12-31-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I was talking to my buddy Oldgixxer about that the other day. I said "with all of Jim's money, why can't he just buy an airport, close it down, and turn it into his own private track? Fully customizable to his liking. And if he still can't hit 10's, he can just print out a 10 sec slip . Just messin Jim! haha
Tell your buddy OLDGIXXER that I was at MIR, where was he? He flapped his jaws and then did not even show up (seems to be the norm here on MB World)...maybe he needs to quit stroken everybody and let that poor shoulder heal up.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:50 PM

05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
I almost just totaled my Black Series-weiner.bmp < --- This could have been you...
Old 01-01-2009, 02:13 PM

997.2 GT3
The lesson here is don't drive like an *** on the street.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I love it how people that may or may not have cash tell someone that HAS cash what to do with it.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I love it how people that may or may not have cash tell someone that HAS cash what to do with it.
I have $5 cash in my pocket, does that validate my comments?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 AM

A slow Tahoe!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

....Get used to it because Obama is going to be taking this theory to a new level. LOL LOL LOL....Actually I'm not laughing out loud.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Shouldn't be so difficult to hit tens. Vin Diesel did it in a Civic!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RBrenton
Shouldn't be so difficult to hit tens. Vin Diesel did it in a Civic!
Dude, sweet Land Of The Lost Sleestak avatar pic...I loved that friggin show when I was a kid, I had the luch box and everything.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Dude, sweet Land Of The Lost Sleestak avatar pic...I loved that friggin show when I was a kid, I had the luch box and everything.
Lol, I have seasons 1 and 2 on my laptop. The cheesiness when we were kids is amplified 5x now. I love how the Sleestack are completely inept at firing their little bows and arrows.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I almost just totaled my Black Series