Long Tube Headers.....what to look for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Rock
Jangy, I love ya and you've helped me countless times but I think you need to show up at one of these events to walk the walk. It would do much more for your credibility and arguments than just typing away.

Love or hate Jrcart, Andy and the rest of their crew, I give them credit for showing up at events to "show-ya what they got." Win or lose.... they keep coming back and you have to admire that.

Ya, I agree that they can come across as subtle as a sledgehammer on these pages but this is a big place and there is room for everyone (almost).
When did the ones that go to 1/4mile tracks get an open ticket to insult? We aren't arguing over things that they've done. You are falling for the show you what I got worse than everyone did with Malcolm. If it is real, why not discuss it? If it is voodoo, then yes just show it at the track and then RUN (away).....
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by JT55
I gotta go - think I'll go take a ride in the Fastest 63 around - that just so happens to be tuned by Andy and sits in my garage. BOO-YA !
63? Who gives a rat's butt?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Funny thing is to go and look in the archives and see just how ridiculous Jangy is. His lack of knowledge is appalling, yet he's got THE answer for everything. And don't get me started about his "Projects" that he's going to design and build...F**king Idiot
Appalling is true.
Lets see, you pumped yourself for the E63 rotors and that never happenned. Then you come on touting some imaginary codes that go off if we remove the secondary cats and that OWNED you. You sure your problem is me and not your head?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by jangy
Back up what words? I started a thread to ask a question and it turned into a pissing match based on talk and not from me.
So Jangy, why are you not attending the Willow day? You claim that road racing is your forte. Two opportunities to stick a finger in my a$$ and you are a no show

I think you know my car could hand it to you on both tracks and you would rather sit here in Peter Pan Fantasy Land than face the facts that you and your car are going to get OWNED by a "crappy" 63.

People are starting to see through your B.S. Jangy, it's time to put up or shut up. Road course, drag strip, Mexico top speed runs, you name it, I will be there. About the only thing your car can do better than mine is haul fat chicks, you have a lot more room than me.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
You do Jackass - ur always claiming Andys claims are nonsense obv. they're not such nonsense are they? Clown.
How bought you fabricate yourself a muzzle.
Make it out of titanium while your at it.
Any takers?
(less than 2k of course)

Last edited by JT55; 01-05-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:23 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
A: Any real racer.

Your slower than a N/A (that's naturally aspirated, not non aspirated lol) AMG with bolt-ons and tuning in a pure open track/road race platform, despite having a pullied 2.3L twin screw under your hood and a much more drag compliant suspension.

nuff said.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JT55
You do Jackass - ur always claiming Andys claims are nonsense obv. they're not such nonsense are they? Clown.
How bought you fabricate yourself a muzzle.
Make it out of titanium while your at it.
Any takers?
(less than 2k of course)
....muzzle, he need hand cuffs or chinese finger cuffs so he's not able to type anymore.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
A: Any real racer.

Your slower than a N/A (that's naturally aspirated, not non aspirated lol) AMG with bolt-ons and tuning in a pure open track/road race platform, despite having a pullied 2.3L twin screw under your hood and a much more drag compliant suspension.

nuff said.
...he's slower than every 63 MHP has tuned, I heard that Jangy has yet to crack an 11.99 e/t in his "ALL MIGHTY" 55.

Jangy, VRP is working wonders for you
Old 01-05-2009, 02:28 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Tens in a N/A 63? Thats a pretty large goal although I would love to see it! Good luck

Smart move going with the 55k platform If you want to stay with the charger setup I think it would be cool to see a 55k running crazy boost tuned on meth/race gas. You have the resources, DO IT!!!!!

I say we call a timeout until we see timeslips. Everyone on this board can argue for days and days. That doesn't make your car go any faster (I am not talking to any one person, just generally speaking).
Hey Ahmad,
We may hit it the first time out, we may not, but we'll keep trying until it happens. Hopefully it won't take H/C to do (which are going on as soon as we hit 10s with stock longblock, as the plan is now) but one way or another it's going to happen.
As you know drag racing is 90% about the launch. The converter will help out tremendously and I know there will be large gains from the full exhaust paired with v3 tuning. The UD pulley may only add a handful to 10rw (if we're lucky) but will help as well. We'll try 93 first then go with 100 octane.
Anyway, what have we got to lose?

As for the CLS, thanks! Fn gorgeous car and honestly I've always wanted one. The lines to me at least are timeless. Anyway the plan there as well is to run 10s with existing mods (in sig) plus tires and more boost from the stock blower--no nitrous.

Just to be clear, I'm not just talking, these are the goals that we will be persuing for the first half of the 2009 race season.

ps--when Jim gets a hold of a full MHP 7.0L/4V we ALL need to run for cover.

Anyway, as always looking forward to seeing you run and hanging out at MIR in March. Any idea on the date yet?

Thanks
Andy
Old 01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
andy good luck with your cls55, i hope to see you doing 10.s with that car.

oh yea good morning everyone.
Thanks mthis!

...and love the avatar.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Just personal attacks. That's it. Nothing fresh, nothing even civil. Just bash bash bash. Nothing else. I ask about headers and now all of a sudden I am an idiot for looking into it? Did i come on and say any tuner's product sucked and that i could do better? No, I came on asking for help on finding some headers. There was a time when AMG enthusiasts could post here even if they didn't have their NHRA qualifications, but now it is nothing but a chest beating spot. If I wanted that, I'd have gotten an M5 and been sitting over there padding my stats.

For once its funny that I have no issue with Andy. Contrary to JT55 (foaming at the mouth), I haven't discredited MHP's work but simply asked for some data and the development story, since it is interesting to me. None has EVER been supplied. You may think that finding a fast track and making enough runs to finally get numbers is data, but you are simply making yourselves feel better. If we were all drag racers that raced an equivalent amount and chased the tracks, yes it would be a feat. But just going on your own and getting a number with no baseline is not the entire story.

I never doubted the potential that a tuner like MHP could bring to the table. What I did not like is the fact that he came on here 6 months ago saying it would take him a week to get a tune for every platform. My response was simply that a true tune would take time. Here we are 6 months later and yes I do believe that MHP has made strides on the C63 platform. My issue is why we are not discussing those gains or changes. Instead, it is just subjective crap like it is "fast" or shifts "quick".

Now, MHP has a CLS55 (2006) and so I assume they will be making strides with that platform. Normally, it would be very interesting and we would pretty much all be biting at the bit to see something fresh. Instead, it will be a secret as always and a car will show up at a track with nothing to compare to and the world record will once again be claimed. Such a crock. I for one didn't get a mercedes to drag race. That is such a small part of the joy that is the beast and this forum has lost that.

BTW, the west coast events will NEVER be the same. I feel for Moe because at the very least the events here were fun and everyone was always helping one another in the spirit of fun. That is gone and dead. Now it will be nothing but grudge matches and of course excuses by Jim...
Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by MHP
despite having a pullied 2.3L twin screw under your hood and a much more drag compliant suspension.

nuff said.
I thought it was a 1.8L, am I wrong?
Originally Posted by MHP
Hey Ahmad,
We may hit it the first time out, we may not, but we'll keep trying until it happens. Hopefully it won't take H/C to do (which are going on as soon as we hit 10s with stock longblock, as the plan is now) but one way or another it's going to happen.
As you know drag racing is 90% about the launch. The converter will help out tremendously and I know there will be large gains from the full exhaust paired with v3 tuning. The UD pulley may only add a handful to 10rw (if we're lucky) but will help as well. We'll try 93 first then go with 100 octane.
Anyway, what have we got to lose?

As for the CLS, thanks! Fn gorgeous car and honestly I've always wanted one. The lines to me at least are timeless. Anyway the plan there as well is to run 10s with existing mods (in sig) plus tires and more boost from the stock blower--no nitrous.

Just to be clear, I'm not just talking, these are the goals that we will be persuing for the first half of the 2009 race season.

ps--when Jim gets a hold of a full MHP 7.0L/4V we ALL need to run for cover.

Anyway, as always looking forward to seeing you run and hanging out at MIR in March. Any idea on the date yet?

Thanks
Andy
I love it! Setting the goals high and doing whatever it takes to get there. Yup, the launch is CRUCIAL and the tc will definitely help alot. Hopefully you dont end up like me and break axles left and right, DOH! Since its an N/A motor I dont think you will have that problem.

Yea I love the styling of the CLS too. To be honest I test drove one a couple years ago when I was looking for one but I liked the feel of my CLK55 better. The blind spot in that car is killer too Good luck though, I'd love to see a 55 go tens off spray!

Yea I know, Jims car should be fast as **** with a built 7.0L with heads and cams. I can only imagine. Hopefully its built taking into consideration that he loves to road race and keep the revs up there.

I'm looking forward to MIR as well, choosing a date is always the hardest part! Not sure if I should do it the weekend before they open the track or on a weekday after they open it

I love to see people pushing the envelope and in the process helpin out fellow enthusiasts. I think I chose the wrong profession, I love cars too much to be doing this! lol Good luck with your endeavors
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW, the west coast events will NEVER be the same. I feel for Moe because at the very least the events here were fun and everyone was always helping one another in the spirit of fun. That is gone and dead. Now it will be nothing but grudge matches and of course excuses by Jim...

Jangy, let me see if I am hearing you on this, so now you think this event is ruined because I am showing up? I have news for you, the only thing I will be ruining is your day when you sit at home at your keyboard with a donut in one hand and your pecker in the other seeing how I handed it to most of if not all the 55's that day.

Excuses? Jangy, I ran an 11.13 at over 127mph and an 11.4 N/A, you don't even run that fast in your wet dreams.......Excuses? I have lugged my car from the Chicago to the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific ocean for various events and you can't even attend an event that is 80 miles from your house.

Jangy, the bottom line is this, there are 2 events in your neck of the woods in the next 2 weeks and you are attending exactly 0 of them. You are a pathetic sorry excuse for a car guy. You are the poor sport and the sore loser, at least I show up to these events and make an attempt to back up my words. You just sit and type more garbage...now PM Vic55 and tell him I'm picking on you, becuase I know that's next.

.................LOSER!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Just personal attacks. That's it. Nothing fresh, nothing even civil. Just bash bash bash. Nothing else. I ask about headers and now all of a sudden I am an idiot for looking into it? Did i come on and say any tuner's product sucked and that i could do better? No, I came on asking for help on finding some headers. There was a time when AMG enthusiasts could post here even if they didn't have their NHRA qualifications, but now it is nothing but a chest beating spot. If I wanted that, I'd have gotten an M5 and been sitting over there padding my stats.

For once its funny that I have no issue with Andy. Contrary to JT55 (foaming at the mouth), I haven't discredited MHP's work but simply asked for some data and the development story, since it is interesting to me. None has EVER been supplied. You may think that finding a fast track and making enough runs to finally get numbers is data, but you are simply making yourselves feel better. If we were all drag racers that raced an equivalent amount and chased the tracks, yes it would be a feat. But just going on your own and getting a number with no baseline is not the entire story.

I never doubted the potential that a tuner like MHP could bring to the table. What I did not like is the fact that he came on here 6 months ago saying it would take him a week to get a tune for every platform. My response was simply that a true tune would take time. Here we are 6 months later and yes I do believe that MHP has made strides on the C63 platform. My issue is why we are not discussing those gains or changes. Instead, it is just subjective crap like it is "fast" or shifts "quick".

Now, MHP has a CLS55 (2006) and so I assume they will be making strides with that platform. Normally, it would be very interesting and we would pretty much all be biting at the bit to see something fresh. Instead, it will be a secret as always and a car will show up at a track with nothing to compare to and the world record will once again be claimed. Such a crock. I for one didn't get a mercedes to drag race. That is such a small part of the joy that is the beast and this forum has lost that.

Blah Blah Blah.

The tune I'll be running in my CLS55 will be the same ECU/TCU tuning we've had for 55Ks since the beginning--just for chiromikey I'll be coding and flashing it to our specs entirely myself. Same as Jackpro1 has, less his custom mods. The proof is in the timeslips and dyno graphs Jangy, that's what everyone wants, and that's what they got and will continue to get--too bad you don't. Next you'll be asking for VBox data like the assclowns on m5board.com.
63s are 63s Jangy, they're the same motor, platform to platform makes no difference less air inlet tubes and exhaust dia--nothing to do with tuning.
The rest of your post is essentially just nonsenese and babble, as always: No one buys a Benz to drag race (why the hell is everyone having so much fun at the mbworld track rentals?), West Coast meets will never be the same (because Jim's running there? Sorry, take a poll I'm sure more West Coast guys would rather have Jim there, you know an actual racer, than someone that just talks out his *** like a senile old man all day).
Keep on yappin'. Until it's time to bury your head in the sand once again...

Last edited by MHP; 01-05-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:31 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I thought it was a 1.8L, am I wrong?
2.3L IHI twin screw.

I love it! Setting the goals high and doing whatever it takes to get there. Yup, the launch is CRUCIAL and the tc will definitely help alot. Hopefully you dont end up like me and break axles left and right, DOH! Since its an N/A motor I dont think you will have that problem.
Thanks bro! Axles and diff are the likely weak links (worst case we'll cryo and call Moser), but the good news is as you stated, I won't be making anywhere near the tq you do.

Yea I love the styling of the CLS too. To be honest I test drove one a couple years ago when I was looking for one but I liked the feel of my CLK55 better. The blind spot in that car is killer too Good luck though, I'd love to see a 55 go tens off spray!
Wholeheartedly agreed on the blind spot and the CLS not being a pure drivers car by any means, but damn I love the lines. We also figured achieving our goal with a heavier vehicle than an E definitely wouldn't work against us as far as haters in denial.

Yea I know, Jims car should be fast as **** with a built 7.0L with heads and cams. I can only imagine. Hopefully its built taking into consideration that he loves to road race and keep the revs up there.
Of course. Just like with our tuning the builds are custom to what the customer requests. It will be one hell of an open track motor, but it won't be a slouch at the strip either.

I'm looking forward to MIR as well, choosing a date is always the hardest part! Not sure if I should do it the weekend before they open the track or on a weekday after they open it
Personally I could do either. If I were you though I'd be worried if you could get enough commitments (as in those that pay up front) for a weekday rental. What do you think?

I love to see people pushing the envelope and in the process helpin out fellow enthusiasts. I think I chose the wrong profession, I love cars too much to be doing this! lol Good luck with your endeavors
Thanks Ahmad, and right back at ya. You're a LOT closer to 10s right now than I am!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
...now PM Vic55 and tell him I'm picking on you, becuase I know that's next.
Jim, when you grow up and get of the roids you will still be a lost cause. Look up the history and see who the 2 are that constantly threaten people with their connections to the admins. It is You and Andy. VIC and I are friends yet we rarely pm. Also, I don't mind your picking on me, I just wish you could do more than the usual chest pounding.

Yes excuses for when you get walked by all the E55k cars. Just like with the CLK55 with added smaller blower, you give props then make excuses. The fact that every 55k will stomp you is not even a cool thing here, since everyone knows how far the development has gone for the 55k vs 63 platforms. It will be watching you squirm your way out of getting a spanking by Rick that will be fun. the only dark side is that Andy will want to steal all of that thunder.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Sorry, take a poll I'm sure more West Coast guys would rather have Jim there, you know an actual racer, than someone that just talks out his *** like a senile old man all day).
Keep on yappin'. Until it's time to bury your head in the sand once again...

Take your poll. Last time we did, it got shut down. I wonder why? You are still living in the cowboy days where you think being a ***** is fine as long as you have a fast car and it isn't. The events were fun, even the ones at slow Fontana. That is GONE. Not because of just Jim but he contributes.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by MHP
2.3L IHI twin screw.
Oh ok

Originally Posted by MHP
Thanks bro! Axles and diff are the likely weak links (worst case we'll cryo and call Moser), but the good news is as you stated, I won't be making anywhere near the tq you do.
Does quaife make an LSD for the C63? By the way, I called Moser a while ago and they said they couldn't make me axles You have any connections?

Originally Posted by MHP
Wholeheartedly agreed on the blind spot and the CLS not being a pure drivers car by any means, but damn I love the lines. We also figured achieving our goal with a heavier vehicle than an E definitely wouldn't work against us as far as haters in denial.
Thats the first thing that popped into my head when I heard about the CLS. But but but... its heavier! lol

Originally Posted by MHP
Personally I could do either. If I were you though I'd be worried if you could get enough commitments (as in those that pay up front) for a weekday rental. What do you think?
Check out the other thread. I am in agreement with you that a weekend is better. Especially since we wont be able to get another weekend til the end of the year!

Originally Posted by MHP
Thanks Ahmad, and right back at ya. You're a LOT closer to 10s right now than I am!
No prob.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Jim, when you grow up and get of the roids you will still be a lost cause. Look up the history and see who the 2 are that constantly threaten people with their connections to the admins. It is You and Andy. VIC and I are friends yet we rarely pm. Also, I don't mind your picking on me, I just wish you could do more than the usual chest pounding.

Yes excuses for when you get walked by all the E55k cars. Just like with the CLK55 with added smaller blower, you give props then make excuses. The fact that every 55k will stomp you is not even a cool thing here, since everyone knows how far the development has gone for the 55k vs 63 platforms. It will be watching you squirm your way out of getting a spanking by Rick that will be fun. the only dark side is that Andy will want to steal all of that thunder.

Is it me or does Jangy seem to mention "roids" in nearly every post he makes?

Mentally preoccupied?

ps--The admins are technically our competitors. What kind of favors do you think we get from them? LMAO.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Take your poll. Last time we did, it got shut down. I wonder why? You are still living in the cowboy days where you think being a ***** is fine as long as you have a fast car and it isn't. The events were fun, even the ones at slow Fontana. That is GONE. Not because of just Jim but he contributes.
If I'm a ***** it's because you deserve to be treated like one. Do you see me spouting off at random members or those that don't make false claims or act like a prepubescent teenager? No.

For the record, I don't think my cars are fast...Yet.

Jangy, evidently your glory days were over in middle school. You can choose to move on and accept that fact (amongst others) and move on in 2009, or be the same miserable, admittedly mentally unstable, and self contradictory SOB you've always been.

I say go with option #1.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Does quaife make an LSD for the C63? By the way, I called Moser a while ago and they said they couldn't make me axles You have any connections?
Yes quaife does, and if I blow the stocker I'll go with one of theirs for sure. I'll probably also cyro the ring/pinion just to play it safe. Too bad numerically higher gears won't fit I need all the tq multiplication I can get.
As for Moser, yes I've had them make a few custom apps for me in the past for various makes. I wonder why they said no. Moser and Strange are both great companies to work with for axles.
If I can help you with this let me know.

Thats the first thing that popped into my head when I heard about the CLS. But but but... its heavier! lol
Yes it's a pig, but a gorgeous one.

check out the other thread. I am in agreement with you that a weekend is better. Especially since we wont be able to get another weekend til the end of the year!
Agreed, the 28th with backup of the 1st sounds great to me. Perfect in fact. Thanks for putting another rental together.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
(Jangsta' in middle of picture w/Bio-dome)

What are you guys GWAKIN' AT??? I told you I could have these Longtubes Fab'd for under $2k Just wait till I get them Ceramic Coating,The Fab shop is called Hoover, I added a FAT Turbo in hopes of finally beating Jrcart....

Close up of Hoover Tube Headers lol...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-05-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is Jangy the guy in the Boy Scout uniform? Bigger dork than I expected....I'm not sure what gave me a bigger smile today, JakPro's Famoso radio spot or finally seeing what the infamous Jangy looks like.

....now I see why he can't crack 11.99 in his car, he need to lose about 75 pounds. Hey Jangy, let me drive your car, maybe it will beat my car afterall

......that's not really Jangy, is it?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jangy, you are on ludes, and I'm not on roids...can someone at Famosa confirm with Jangy when you meet me that I'm not a roid head, for some reason he has this image of me all roided up.

Jangy, I don't run to mods...I can fight my own battles.

I can't wait until EVERY 55 spanks me...How many are going to be there? How come only one out of about 10 of them beat me at MIR?

Jangy, you are a lost cause. Jangy I'll make you a deal if EVERY 55 at Famosa beats me I'll give you my CLK and blow you while you are driving it.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Thericker
What are you guys GWAKIN' AT??? I told you I could have these Longtubes Fab'd for under $2k Just wait till I get them Ceramic Coating,The Fab shop is called Hoover, I added a FAT Turbo in hopes of finally beating Jrcart....
What does the patch on his shirt say????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Long Tube Headers.....what to look for?