Sponsored by:

E63 - Airmatic Suspension Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07-E63, 07 911 C4S
E63 - Airmatic Suspension Help

I have a 2007 E63 and live up north in Canada. The last few weeks have been pretty cold and when my car is parked overnight (in my garage) I note that the car sits lower (rear) on the driver's side vs the passenger side. This does not happen during the summer or fall.

But when started - the car goes back to the appropriate height.

Took it in for servicing and the SA said that in cold weather that what happens. That is the same cr*p they told me about the squeaky breaks until I found the service memo for them to fix it. Has anyone dealt with this issue?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
I don't have that problem. It has been really cold here in St. Louis. We have even seen 0 for a few days. Mine sits perfectly straight all the time.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Frizzie Deddie
I have a 2007 E63 and live up north in Canada. The last few weeks have been pretty cold and when my car is parked overnight (in my garage) I note that the car sits lower (rear) on the driver's side vs the passenger side. This does not happen during the summer or fall.

But when started - the car goes back to the appropriate height.

Took it in for servicing and the SA said that in cold weather that what happens. That is the same cr*p they told me about the squeaky breaks until I found the service memo for them to fix it. Has anyone dealt with this issue?
I wonder if you have some moisture in the airmatic system and icing the outflow valve.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Does it level off when you unlock the car? If so, get them to check the bladder in the trunk. Mine had a leak and it was doing just that. It is a pressurized air system so it can have some smaller leakes. All E55s "sit" some with time as the air naturally leaks at a typical rate, but being just on one side is odd, unless you are on a slope?

I will add a disclaimer that I am a normal working stiff and know nothing about Airmatics. Hopefully this will keep your post on track.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 PM

07-E63, 07 911 C4S
Originally Posted by jangy
Does it level off when you unlock the car? If so, get them to check the bladder in the trunk. Mine had a leak and it was doing just that. It is a pressurized air system so it can have some smaller leakes. All E55s "sit" some with time as the air naturally leaks at a typical rate, but being just on one side is odd, unless you are on a slope?

I will add a disclaimer that I am a normal working stiff and know nothing about Airmatics. Hopefully this will keep your post on track.
I do not lock it when it is in my garage at night and it is not parked on a slope. It is in the a heated garage at work now and it seems to be level - I will keep testing.

Last edited by Frizzie Deddie; 01-06-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Frizzie Deddie
I do not lock it when it is in my garage at night and it is not parked on a slope. It is in the a heated garage at work now and it seems to be level - I will keep testing.
Sounds like you have moisture in the system and it's freezing in the outflow valve
Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 PM

07-E63, 07 911 C4S
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Sounds like you have moisture in the system and it's freezing in the outflow valve
Any suggestion on fixes?