W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Headers - Kleemann vs. VRP - which one to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 (sold)
Final decision: VRP shorties for several reasons. First, Vadim has been great to me and I couldn't be happier with my mods and his constant responses to my constant questions. He really seems to take an interest in the customer being satisfied. That is huge to me. (As a side note, I have been very put off by several tuner's attitudes on here. This whole "my dick is bigger than your dick" thing gets old quick and reminds me of junior high kids. With the general cost of Mercedes vehicles, I would expect a higher level of clientele and thus a higher level of class. Unfortunately, I have observed that this is not always the case. I would expect a tuner to represent themselves in a professional manner at all times because that is how it should be. Your attitudes and demeanor are a direct reflection on you and your product. You may have the best product in the world, but if you don't represent yourselves accordingly, I will not have anything to do with you. I know a lot of these rivalries are good for the consumer, but there is a difference between rivalries and straight grade school name calling. If you represent yourselves in a juvenile manner, I will automatically think your product is juvenile as well.) Second, I already have VRP mods and I've seen that several different mods by several different companies can cause unforseen problems and complications. Third, price can't be beat. Finally, I'm in California and smog is a huge concern of mine. Don't think I would pass smog with anything other than a bolt on shorty and I don't want to get screwed and have to figure out how to pass smog when the time comes. Nor do I want to jump through hoops or hope that someone will "hook up" smog because there will be a time when you're not around and I'll be the one scratching my head, wondering what the hell to do now and how much it's going to cost me. Finally, the gains of the VRP shorties are substantial and comparable to any other shorty or mid length header out there. VRP it is. Will get dyno before and after from Vadim so I'll be able to see exactly how much the headers are putting out and how much power I'm putting down. Thanks again to all of your recommendations and advice. And I'll let you know how it goes. Hope to get them installed within 2 weeks.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
If you go with Kleemann talk to Cory they have 200 cell cats that you can install. It's a easier install going with the VRP shorty headers but I'm old school and I remember that Derek ran the Kleemann Headers and he made some really good power with those so if I ever get the mod bug I will be using the Kleemann Headers. just my .55
oooooops! I forgot about the smog thing hmmmmm
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jicl55
Final decision: VRP shorties for several reasons. First, Vadim has been great to me and I couldn't be happier with my mods and his constant responses to my constant questions. He really seems to take an interest in the customer being satisfied. That is huge to me. (As a side note, I have been very put off by several tuner's attitudes on here. This whole "my dick is bigger than your dick" thing gets old quick and reminds me of junior high kids. With the general cost of Mercedes vehicles, I would expect a higher level of clientele and thus a higher level of class. Unfortunately, I have observed that this is not always the case. I would expect a tuner to represent themselves in a professional manner at all times because that is how it should be. Your attitudes and demeanor are a direct reflection on you and your product. You may have the best product in the world, but if you don't represent yourselves accordingly, I will not have anything to do with you. I know a lot of these rivalries are good for the consumer, but there is a difference between rivalries and straight grade school name calling. If you represent yourselves in a juvenile manner, I will automatically think your product is juvenile as well.) Second, I already have VRP mods and I've seen that several different mods by several different companies can cause unforseen problems and complications. Third, price can't be beat. Finally, I'm in California and smog is a huge concern of mine. Don't think I would pass smog with anything other than a bolt on shorty and I don't want to get screwed and have to figure out how to pass smog when the time comes. Nor do I want to jump through hoops or hope that someone will "hook up" smog because there will be a time when you're not around and I'll be the one scratching my head, wondering what the hell to do now and how much it's going to cost me. Finally, the gains of the VRP shorties are substantial and comparable to any other shorty or mid length header out there. VRP it is. Will get dyno before and after from Vadim so I'll be able to see exactly how much the headers are putting out and how much power I'm putting down. Thanks again to all of your recommendations and advice. And I'll let you know how it goes. Hope to get them installed within 2 weeks.

Great decision!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500 Wagon
Originally Posted by jicl55
(As a side note, I have been very put off by several tuner's attitudes on here. This whole "my dick is bigger than your dick" thing gets old quick and reminds me of junior high kids. With the general cost of Mercedes vehicles, I would expect a higher level of clientele and thus a higher level of class. Unfortunately, I have observed that this is not always the case. I would expect a tuner to represent themselves in a professional manner at all times because that is how it should be. Your attitudes and demeanor are a direct reflection on you and your product. You may have the best product in the world, but if you don't represent yourselves accordingly, I will not have anything to do with you. I know a lot of these rivalries are good for the consumer, but there is a difference between rivalries and straight grade school name calling. If you represent yourselves in a juvenile manner, I will automatically think your product is juvenile as well.)
QFT. I wish more tuners (of ALL makes) would understand the way their behavior on internet message boards reflects on themselves and their businesses, and affects, to some degree, the choices their potential customers make about what product to purchase.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
VRP HEMs! I too have the VR600 package and it has gotten me to trap close to 126mph