Sponsored by:

K4 E55 vs 08 C6 VETTE with cams,head,and exhaust pkg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Originally Posted by jamusa
I currently own an o3/c5 zo6 with pro charger making close to 700rwhp,so i am famaliar with the ls2 c5 motors.
M e55 currently makes 520/560 rwhp/tq respectively with a k4 package,plus a 125 shot of gas.
I have no idea what he makes,but i know that he has an 08 c6 with cams head,and exhaust pkg plus nos.
We have decided not to use gas as its too cold.
I have checked around and found out that the 08/ls3 with head and cam and exhaust makes close to 600rwhp.
Given equal drivers,its a win for the vette all day.These cars runs low 11's-high 10's all day.

I'm confused. The 03/c5 has an LS1, not an LS2. The LS2 is in 05-07 C6s.

A head/cam LS3 doesn't make 600rwhp. No way in heck.

I just sold my 08 C6 (436hp with optional exhaust). From my seat of the pants, it would be an even match for my stock E55. This race would depend on the mods on both sides but could be close.

Sold my C6 for a 996TT.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by liquiddi
Damn! I'm getting ready to Supercharge mine. They are just so darn cheap that you can easily add 600RWHP for nothing. They really are great little cars. Plus, I don't have to worry about anything happening to mine. If something does, there are tons more used low mileage ones out there. You should see my NPP exhaust set up. I have a remote in the car the opens the inside pipes wide open. Then you can just hit the remote and it is as quiet as can be. Very James Bond. Basically it's wireless cut outs. Here is a video of it. An amazing exhaust. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33MDL5cnxQ and another of it revving with long tubes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaJy6...eature=related
I love the PD Maggie blowers available for the C6, friend has 1 & sound is unreal w/Longtubes! I had every bolt-on mod besides (Torque Converter) I was all set for a Maggie until the SL600 bug hit me Twin Turbo's w/warranty...I've been down the non warranty aftermarket SC'd path before it can get pricey..

You'll love this new mod from LG motorsports, it's a button integrated into your manual shifter knob....Sweet! But Frickin' Corny name "The Man Switch" No wonder Vette guys get so much flack, w/product naming like this I can see why...

The "Man Switch" is now easier to use and blends seamlessly with the rest of your interior. Open and close your C6 Z06 exhaust baffles without ever having to take your hand off the shift knob! Now the power to control the sound of your Corvette is right at your fingertips.

Also works with C6 cars that have Z06-style (NPP) mufflers

Last edited by Thericker; 01-18-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Thericker
I love the PD Maggie blowers available for the C6, friend has 1 & sound is unreal w/Longtubes! I had every bolt-on mod besides (Torque Converter) I was all set for a Maggie until the SL600 bug hit me Twin Turbo's w/warranty...I've been down the non warranty aftermarket SC'd path before it can get pricey..

You'll love this new mod from LG motorsports, it's a button integrated into your manual shifter knob....Sweet! But Frickin' Corny name "The Man Switch" No wonder Vette guys get so much flack, w/product naming like this I can see why...

The "Man Switch" is now easier to use and blends seamlessly with the rest of your interior. Open and close your C6 Z06 exhaust baffles without ever having to take your hand off the shift knob! Now the power to control the sound of your Corvette is right at your fingertips.

SWEEEEETTTT!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
SWEEEEETTTT!
Don't you wish we had something like this on our MB's Except we would deff need to re-name it to ---- Switch---- anythings better than the "Man Switch"
Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG

Whoa!!! That is freaking awesome. I wish I would have waited around. I wonder how much that switch cost. I wonder if it gets in the way at all when you are shifting the car??
Old 01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by liquiddi
Whoa!!! That is freaking awesome. I wish I would have waited around. I wonder how much that switch cost. I wonder if it gets in the way at all when you are shifting the car??
The entire set-up is only $189.00 (I don't think it'll be in the way while shifting as it's recessed a little into the knob to keep it out of the way until you want to trigger it.)

Last edited by Thericker; 01-18-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221

THAT IS SICK!~!