V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
It the best Idea I've seen in a long time It's a must have
Ohh yeah, congratz on your record setting ET's yesterday
Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
too much to read. Was this record done w/ or w/o NOS? If with NOS, no respect from me.

The car itself, however, is pretty badass! I followed Jim past the track as he was burning unwanted fuel from the day before and it sounded to badass I totally missed the entrace of the track by a few miles as I kept following him lololol.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by The Godfather
too much to read. Was this record done w/ or w/o NOS? If with NOS, no respect from me.

The car itself, however, is pretty badass! I followed Jim past the track as he was burning unwanted fuel from the day before and it sounded to badass I totally missed the entrace of the track by a few miles as I kept following him lololol.
It was with NOS, and yes his car sounds AMAZING!!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
I spoke with Jim and he said he was running a 95-100 shot, he had .052 jets in the car in the afternoon and started with .042 jets in the am, there were only 2 passes where he had traction issues beyond the 1/8 mile. He is still mixing the tires. He does want me to mention that he did make several N/A passes in the a.m. while trying to sort out a major issue which was ultimately determined to be a battery/amp issue when spraying the car. He also made 2 N/A passes in the afternoon with his NOS ECU installed but did not spray just to see what would happen and both of those passes were quicker than his previous best N/A
e/t.

The following are his various bests of the day, note some of these occured on different passes.

Best 60' 1.612

Best trap speed. 129.85 mph

Best 1/8 mile e/t. 7.076

Best 1/8 mile trap speed. 100.26

Best e/t. 11.049

Best N/A e/t. 11.348 @ 121.95

He also wanted me to point out that he ran an 11.053 @ 126.63 at 2:10 pm and the DA was approaching 2000 at that time, this was a pass that several of you witnessed him having to get out of early because the car would not shift, he feels this was his best pass of the day and should have been a high 10.8 pass
A .042 NOS JET with a dry nos setup would get you roughly 80 hp to the fly and 68hp to the wheels and a .052 jet would get you 122 hp to the fly and 103.7 to the wheels. 35 hp differance to the wheels. with all do respect how do you go from a 11.658 nos down to 11.049 just by adding 35hp to the wheels then from 11.348 down to only 11.049 by adding 103.7 to the wheels It just doesn't add up.. Someone please chime in..
Old 01-18-2009, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
JCart is the CLK63BS man, Long live the King...
Old 01-18-2009, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
A .042 NOS JET with a dry nos setup would get you roughly 80 hp to the fly and 68hp to the wheels and a .052 jet would get you 122 hp to the fly and 103.7 to the wheels. 35 hp differance to the wheels. with all do respect how do you go from a 11.658 nos down to 11.049 just by adding 35hp to the wheels then from 11.348 down to only 11.049 by adding 103.7 to the wheels It just doesn't add up.. Someone please chime in..
Rick, you need to look at trap speeds.

His non nos run he trapped 121, on his nos pass 129, 8mph thats a big HP gain over the previous pass.

when he ran you he sprayed the smaller jet what was his trap speed against you. Post the slip so we can figure it out.

ET is too dependant on 60ft , look at the trap, you are very familiar with what a 63 traps off the bottle 116-121(modded).
Old 01-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by juicee63
Ahmad, lets be honest ,

you beat him at MIR

He beat your best ET and trap in 70 degree weather.

Your still the champ same day same track but he now holds several Benz records. What do you think of the 1.61 short time? I saw that slip , to me you guys hitting those numbers is most impressive. Your 60 ft times are insane.
I dont understand what you mean by "lets be honest". I am not refuting any statement you made in this post. He has the title of fastest CLK. Not because he COULD have run better than what I ran at MIR, but actually DID run the time. It is not even something that can be argued. His 60' times are good. I ran my 11.09 with a 1.62 60' on bald d/r's. With the CCW's I have ran 1.55 60's. So are we gonna guestimate that if I cut 0.07 off my 60' that should equate to .14s off the 1/4 and I would have run a 10.95? What if there was a 23mph tailwind and there was some nitrous in the air? Then what?
Originally Posted by URnext
I "think" what he is trying to say is that you cant call any car a 10-sec car based on what it "could have" achieve in a different environment, elevation, temp, etc,etc,etc. His whole point is that a 10 sec car is a 10 sec car when it runs a 10 sec et. No matter what conditions it ran under.

Correct me if Im wrong Ahmad, but this is what I understood from you in one of my threads last month and this one.
You are 100% correct, and damn your SL is FAST!
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Even in cold weather, MIR does a better job (in general) prepping the track to compensate a little bit for the cold temps than Famoso ever will.
He says he spun at MIR...
When is MIR track day?
March 1st
Originally Posted by The Godfather
With nitrous. Up to this point I have not even used my nitrous on a full pass. So does that make my car a ten second car with nitrous? NO! Because it hasn't ran the time yet

Last edited by blackbenzz; 01-18-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
He says he spun at MIR...
I'm not disputing that at all..... although I could've sworn somebody actually complained that there was too much traction at MIR I think no matter how good traction gets, I guess someone will always spin..... I think Jim spun like crazy at Famoso as well.

Anyways, congrats to Jim on his new record and congrats to you for holding the fastest non NOS CLK record.... you guys keep raising the bar
Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I'm not disputing that at all..... although I could've sworn somebody actually complained that there was too much traction at MIR I think no matter how good traction gets, I guess someone will always spin..... I think Jim spun like crazy at Famoso as well.

Anyways, congrats to Jim on his new record and congrats to you for holding the fastest non NOS CLK record.... you guys keep raising the bar
Talk about spinning. I couldn't hook up for the life of me on my drags at Famoso. Thanks to Chiromikey, I had the opportunity to run his wheels. Only after that did I hook and get the time that I did.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
One thing you are overlooking... HE WAS AT MIR. Are we gonna have to hear coulda woulda shouldas again? The car ran what it ran, end of story. No IF he had a 100mph tail wind he would have gone 10.40's He ran a very good time, take it for what it is and lets not get distracted with excuses. He will have another chance at MIR, I hope he sprays the whole 150 shot because I wanna know what it can do. Everyone knows the car is no slouch
Ahmad, the biggest difference is that the car had a problem at MIR. It had the same problem at Famoso. Luckily I was there to correctly identify it and resolve it.

Feel free to ask anyone there, but everyone watching heard the car would not run clean runs on NOS till about 2pm. Any run in the 1st half of the day that was clean was without NOS, and the only good NOS runs we got were in the afternoon, after resolving his issues.

He had installed a very light road racing battery, and it was not able to hold enough voltage for the car and the NOS. So when the NOS was pushed, the voltage would drop and the car would either shut down for a split second or it would fail to shift.

It does not really matter to me what people believe or do not believe. The truth is the truth. Is this a high 10 second car as it sits - dunno. I think it is, but only the clock will tell. The funny part is that people won't believe it even when the slip says so. People will always say it is not so, or that it is running 250 nos shot (BTW, you cannot run more then 125 shot with the power shot on his car or the -4 line - just not possible, even with a 250 jet). The car will run what it runs when it runs it.

Just wanted to clarify that.

thanks
Brad
Old 01-19-2009, 01:59 PM

SL55 AMG
Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Ahmad, the biggest difference is that the car had a problem at MIR. It had the same problem at Famoso. Luckily I was there to correctly identify it and resolve it.

Feel free to ask anyone there, but everyone watching heard the car would not run clean runs on NOS till about 2pm. Any run in the 1st half of the day that was clean was without NOS, and the only good NOS runs we got were in the afternoon, after resolving his issues.

He had installed a very light road racing battery, and it was not able to hold enough voltage for the car and the NOS. So when the NOS was pushed, the voltage would drop and the car would either shut down for a split second or it would fail to shift.
It does not really matter to me what people believe or do not believe. The truth is the truth. Is this a high 10 second car as it sits - dunno. I think it is, but only the clock will tell. The funny part is that people won't believe it even when the slip says so. People will always say it is not so, or that it is running 250 nos shot (BTW, you cannot run more then 125 shot with the power shot on his car or the -4 line - just not possible, even with a 250 jet). The car will run what it runs when it runs it.

Just wanted to clarify that.

thanks
Brad
Thanks for the clarification Brad So do you think this is what was happening when he thought the tires were spinning? I just said 150 shot because thats what he keeps saying he has the tune for. When is his temp ban over anyway?

And for the record, I also think it is a high ten second car but it isn't one until it runs the time.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 01-19-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
Not quite sure where you are getting your numbers, but a .052 jet on a dual nozzle dry shot is just shy of 100hp +/-, not sure where you are getting the 122hp figure from . Further more his first 3 passes of the day were done on motor only so that would explain his 11.6, 11.9 and a 11.4 passes. Furthermore he currently has 125 solenoids in the car so he could realistically put in .065 jets and still only be shooting a 125 in the car. He was also having voltage issues that were causeing the car to burp, sputter and shutdown every time he hit the bottle, this was not determined until very early afternoon by Brad from Evosport by him hooking up and reading the CES codes, the codes that were coming back were voltage/amp related. They tried replacing the battery but nobody had a battery that would fit, Josh/Juicee63 even brought his battery over but it was much too large. His only option was to let the battery sit on a trickle charge between races and hope he got through the staging line quick enough before power dropped. That is the reason you guys did not see any low 11's until 2:00pm, it was then, at about 2:00pm that he posted a 11.053 @126.63 at the hottest part of the day and a DA over 1900ft. This was also the same run that he had to peddle it down the back half of track and he says Josh and several others where there to witness that. On this pass he did the 1/8 mile in 7.076 @99.87 yet his 1/4 e/t was only 11.053 with a meager 126.63mph trap speed. All of his other 11.0X passes of the day trap speeds were as follow.

11.049 @ 127.67

11.079 @ 128.57

11.063 @ 128.94

Jim faxed me coppies of every time slip, please let me know where to fax them, Jim is on the road somewhere between Cali and Texas right now so he does not have access to scanner or coppier.

I find it ammusing that people doubt and speculate every statement he makes, even when it happened right before their eyes. His car is still in California and it will remain there until mid February, Jim says anyone that wants to go take a look at the jets, solenoids or any other part of the car is welcome to go to Evosport and do so, just call him or Brad to set it up.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:16 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
I find it ammusing that people doubt and speculate every statement he makes, even when it happened right before their eyes. His car is still in California and it will remain there until mid February, Jim says anyone that wants to go take a look at the jets, solenoids or any other part of the car is welcome to go to Evosport and do so, just call him or Brad to set it up.
I agree - And Ahmad, I guess you can remove my quote from your sig line now that the scoreboard has changed
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by LZH
I agree - And Ahmad, I guess you can remove my quote from your sig line now that the scoreboard has changed
The quote in the sig stays. It sums it up perfectly and is ironic coming from your "mouth". What did your car run again? I have yet to spray my car. You dont think I can gain AT LEAST 0.1s from spraying nitrous through the blower? My goal is to run tens without spraying. My goal is not to compete with everyone else in the world. The car was built for me and I will drive it the way I please. If I wanted to raise the boost, tune for race gas, and spray the car I would.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
My goal is not to compete with everyone else in the world.
LOL - then what anyone else runs should be of no interest to you. Good luck competing against yourself

If I wanted to raise the boost, tune for race gas, and spray the car I would.
And as far as what your car COULD run...well, speaking of irony... I'll quote you from a few posts back:

And for the record, I also think it is a high ten second car but it isn't one until it runs the time.
Whose got the big "mouth" now ??
SCOREBOARD BIATCH

Last edited by LZH; 01-19-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Congrats on a great run

Lets keep this thread clean btw ... I really don't want to just see more back and forth BS.

I don't see what the issues are to be honest ... people are giving props to a great run. Do we all think his car will run 10s? Yes ... Has it run 10s yet? No.

Jesus whats with all the BS?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by SLK55R
Lets keep this thread clean btw ... I really don't want to just see more back and forth BS.

I don't see what the issues are to be honest ... people are giving props to a great run. Do we all think his car will run 10s? Yes ... Has it run 10s yet? No.

Jesus whats with all the BS?
I agree. I'm just going to ignore the haters who muck up this place with their negativity.

And exactly. The car will run tens, but it isnt a ten second car until it does. Neither is mine or any other car. It is common sense
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I agree. I'm just going to ignore the haters who muck up this place with their negativity.

And exactly. The car will run tens, but it isnt a ten second car until it does. Neither is mine or any other car. It is common sense
+1...
Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
LZH
Banned

How cute. The fact of the matter is the scoreboard has changed - like it or not. Hence the irony of your sig But it's ok, we all know you're a sore loser.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by LZH
How cute. The fact of the matter is the scoreboard has changed - like it or not. Hence the irony of your sig But it's ok, we all know you're a sore loser.
Congrats Jim! Nice runs. You now hold the title for the fastest CLK.
I don't think he ever had traction problems out the hole, it was up top. I dont want to speak for him so I guess we have to wait til his temp ban is over. His car is fast!
He ran a very good time, take it for what it is and lets not get distracted with excuses. He will have another chance at MIR, I hope he sprays the whole 150 shot because I wanna know what it can do. Everyone knows the car is no slouch
I dont understand what you mean by "lets be honest". I am not refuting any statement you made in this post. He has the title of fastest CLK. Not because he COULD have run better than what I ran at MIR, but actually DID run the time. It is not even something that can be argued. His 60' times are good.

I even texted Andy from MHP to tell Jim I said congrats on the nice runs. But you can think what you want. Nothing has changed in my life since Jim ran that amazing time. Maybe you need to reevaluate priorities in your life if you get so excited over something that someone else accomplished. Did you cry after the MIR event?

Last edited by blackbenzz; 01-19-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM
LZH
Banned

You can quote yourself all day long, Ahmad. Your posts and responses to Jim after MIR showed your true colors. Now he holds the record and your scoreboard has changed. I'm not excited at all becasue I have no interest in drag racing. If you wanna run, bring your hooptie out to Willow for the Feb track day and you can loose to both me and Jim on a road course, too. I'm not crying, I'm laughing at you.

Last edited by LZH; 01-19-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:17 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
WOW! The drama and Jrcart or Jangy hasnt posted yet.

I really dont think Ahmad is being a hater or a sore loser. When I had a similar thread about my car breaking the SL55 record and how my car at the time could have hit a better et under diffrent conditions, Ahmad pretty much said the same thing he is saying here. He gave props, and said the car et is what it is. I didnt take as a hater but what he said did make sense.

Now, we all gave props on JRcarts et and dont doubt the fact that it could hit 10's. Bottom line it hasnt hit 10's..............yet.

So lets not go back and fourth and see what Jrcart has to say himself when the suspension is over.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by LZH
I'm on a ton of forums, and I'm not sure that I've ever seen anyone suck someone else's e-d!ck so much before.

Jim said he would run 10's at MIR. Jim said he would easily run 10's at Cali. Jim said he would run 10's before he got out of his driveway. Instead we get a bunch of excuses from him and his builders that are all different. You wanna talk scoreboard? Seems to be a 5,000lb family sedan is still the MB king. Jim's not even in the top 5.....
Old 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
LZH
Banned

[QUOTE=indyjoe;3283880]I'm on a ton of forums, and I'm not sure that I've ever seen anyone suck someone else's e-d!ck so much before.

[QUOTE]

Uh, yeah...I don't think so. I'm just loving the fact that Ahmad threw such a fit after MIR and now he's been dethrowned. But, he only wants to compete with himself

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: jrcart TAKES THE CLK RECORD!! 11.04@128.8