jrcart TAKES THE CLK RECORD!! 11.04@128.8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks for the clarification Brad So do you think this is what was happening when he thought the tires were spinning? I just said 150 shot because thats what he keeps saying he has the tune for. When is his temp ban over anyway?
No, there are two different issues.

Shutdown/failure to shift - voltage drop
Spinning tires - spinning tires.

I saw with my own eyes jims car sideways through the 1/8 mile on at least 2 runs, and on another one, the tires broke loose at the shift.

However, this seems to be a heat issue. We installed our new Line-Lock kit (NOW FOR SALE - PLUG, PLUG, PLUG), and when he got used to it and could do a proper burn out, the tire spinning seemed to be mitigated.

It WAS there though, the tires 100% were spinning.

And for the record, I also think it is a high ten second car but it isn't one until it runs the time.
We agree, and I think that Jim does too.

Originally Posted by indyjoe
I'm on a ton of forums, and I'm not sure that I've ever seen anyone suck someone else's e-d!ck so much before.

Jim said he would run 10's at MIR. Jim said he would easily run 10's at Cali. Jim said he would run 10's before he got out of his driveway. Instead we get a bunch of excuses from him and his builders that are all different. You wanna talk scoreboard? Seems to be a 5,000lb family sedan is still the MB king. Jim's not even in the top 5.....
excuse me? Bunch of excuses? Wow - uptight much?

Again, what I offered was a factual explanation, if that is not acceptable to you, then ignore my posts, no problem. But then to attack me and evosport as to state that we are making excuses - you clearly do not know me, us or our reputation.

Re-read my post, I was very clear in the fact that IMHO, a car is only as fast as it has run.

Thanks
brad
Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by otoupalik
No, there are two different issues.

Shutdown/failure to shift - voltage drop
Spinning tires - spinning tires.

I saw with my own eyes jims car sideways through the 1/8 mile on at least 2 runs, and on another one, the tires broke loose at the shift.

However, this seems to be a heat issue. We installed our new Line-Lock kit (NOW FOR SALE - PLUG, PLUG, PLUG), and when he got used to it and could do a proper burn out, the tire spinning seemed to be mitigated.

It WAS there though, the tires 100% were spinning.

We agree, and I think that Jim does too.

excuse me? Bunch of excuses? Wow - uptight much?

Again, what I offered was a factual explanation, if that is not acceptable to you, then ignore my posts, no problem. But then to attack me and evosport as to state that we are making excuses - you clearly do not know me, us or our reputation.

Re-read my post, I was very clear in the fact that IMHO, a car is only as fast as it has run.

Thanks
brad

According to Jim, the reason he couldn't run 10's at MIR was traction issues. You could obviously hear it in the videos. He had to get out of it big time. This was after him saying how big of an advantage MIR was because it's the fastest track in the nation. Then he was going to run 10's in Dallas, and to prove all the haters wrong he was even going to do it offroad, but he had traction issues there as well. Then, again according to him, he was going to easily run 10's at Cali because he had even more stuff done to it. Now it's because of a voltage issue.

Everyone knows Jim's car is a beast, but stop making excuses.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Founder

This is my last reply, as it seems that you are not actually reading what I am saying.

1. I am not Jim. I am Brad. We are two different people and say different things.
2. I have never made excuses for anything, and won't start now

I stated that the car had voltage issues at MIR and at Famoso. If you READ what I typed, you would also see that we fixed them. As such, that was clearly not the reason that he did not break into the 10's.

It is very clear that you have some "agenda" against Jim, and that is YOUR deal. Don't you start painting me with that same brush, or we are going to have a problem.

Thanks
Brad
Old 01-19-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
HI BRAD

Old 01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Plus - The little carbon battery was not installed by Evosport, IIRC...So I don't see how Brad could make an excuse for something Evosport didn't install.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM

This is my last reply, as it seems that you are not actually reading what I am saying.

1. I am not Jim. I am Brad. We are two different people and say different things.
2. I have never made excuses for anything, and won't start now

I stated that the car had voltage issues at MIR and at Famoso. If you READ what I typed, you would also see that we fixed them. As such, that was clearly not the reason that he did not break into the 10's.

It is very clear that you have some "agenda" against Jim, and that is YOUR deal. Don't you start painting me with that same brush, or we are going to have a problem.

Thanks
Brad

Lol @ having an "agenda".

Jim and his buddy Andy talk more **** on here than anyone, and from what I could tell he couldn't even beat Chiro's time motor to motor! This was after talking all kinds of crap about Chiro's car, his finances, his profession, etc, etc, etc. After all that talk is it not okay to bust him on it? Jim has probably spent over 200k on that car, and it still can't outrun a 55 motor to motor.

You speak for yourself, but since Jim is suspended then you are speaking on his behalf. You were referring to MIR as well as Famoso.

Maybe Jim should apologize and ask Mikey to drive his car, so we can all see what it's really capable of........

Old 01-19-2009, 04:40 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by LZH
I agree - And Ahmad, I guess you can remove my quote from your sig line now that the scoreboard has changed
not trying to open a can of worms, but i do believe his sig states that he has the quickest "no nitrous" car... so how would the scoreboard have changed when jrcart's vehicle was using nitrous?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Founder

Ahmad, to clarify, I do not believe that there was much wheel spin on the 11.0x runs. Those runs all looked pretty good.

Thanks
Brad
Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
You better check yourself my friend, JRCART ran a new record N/A 11.348 @ 121.95 this afternoon with a DA over 1600. I believe he bested every 55 out there today on motor only and obviously owned them when he was on the juice.
As impressive as Jim's efforts are, he will not have bested any E55 until he throws 800 lbs. in the trunk. A CLK (especially a black series) is not an E class. In any event, congratulations Jim.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Fast55
As impressive as Jim's efforts are, he will not have bested any E55 until he throws 800 lbs. in the trunk. A CLK (especially a black series) is not an E class. In any event, congratulations Jim.
MB lists the Black Series at 3,948lbs ... that probably means 4,150 on a scale at the strip and then add the driver weight. Jim might have taken off 200 lbs, but there's no 800 lb weight advantage.

Nice times by a lot of different cars, it must really shock people to see low 11's and 125+ light up.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Banned

Twin Turbo C6, S65,
I stated that the car had voltage issues at MIR and at Famoso. If you READ what I typed, you would also see that we fixed them.
Nice find Brad!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM

cls55
when are you fools gonna learn it's not how fast you go it's how you look getting there
Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
One thing you are overlooking... HE WAS AT MIR. Are we gonna have to hear coulda woulda shouldas again? The car ran what it ran, end of story. No IF he had a 100mph tail wind he would have gone 10.40's He ran a very good time, take it for what it is and lets not get distracted with excuses. He will have another chance at MIR, I hope he sprays the whole 150 shot because I wanna know what it can do. Everyone knows the car is no slouch

LOL... You all crack me up!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 PM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
Originally Posted by Fast55
Hey, you said it not me, why bring a knife to a gunfight? You should have bought a lighter car if drag racing was going to be your life! You clowns want to claim you know what you are talking about, but you really have no clue. I am going to show up at MIR with my CLS 55 that can hot lap 11.20's (piles of slips but no need to waste my time faxing to DT's) til the cows come home. BTW, what is the 55 record? I'm pretty sure I can beat it with my CLS, especially at MIR. I don't normally get caught up in all this internet record crap, I have real NHRA records, records that actually matter, but you guys have caught my attention and now a newb is gonna take your record. I have a strange feeling the 3 quickest MB's at MIR are going to be from Chi-town, what a slap in the face to you pompass east coast wieners it's going to be! I really have to laugh at you guys that shout out "motor only" when you know damn well a 55 is not "motor only".

To BLACKBENZZ; I'm not really sure who you think you are, but a single 11.0X pass at MIR in 30 degree temps a -2000 DA should not even be talked about in the same sentence with a car that made 5-6 back to back 11.0X passes in 70 degree temps with DA's fluxing from +1600-2000. I'm not on these boards enough to know you, hopefully you are not like some of the others Jim tells me about and you might want to place a wager just to make things interesting, I know Jim loves to make things interesting and hopefully you do too.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Hey, you said it not me, why bring a knife to a gunfight? You should have bought a lighter car if drag racing was going to be your life! You clowns want to claim you know what you are talking about, but you really have no clue. I am going to show up at MIR with my CLS 55 that can hot lap 11.20's (piles of slips but no need to waste my time faxing to DT's) til the cows come home. BTW, what is the 55 record? I'm pretty sure I can beat it with my CLS, especially at MIR. I don't normally get caught up in all this internet record crap, I have real NHRA records, records that actually matter, but you guys have caught my attention and now a newb is gonna take your record. I have a strange feeling the 3 quickest MB's at MIR are going to be from Chi-town, what a slap in the face to you pompass east coast wieners it's going to be! I really have to laugh at you guys that shout out "motor only" when you know damn well a 55 is not "motor only".

To BLACKBENZZ; I'm not really sure who you think you are, but a single 11.0X pass at MIR in 30 degree temps a -2000 DA should not even be talked about in the same sentence with a car that made 5-6 back to back 11.0X passes in 70 degree temps with DA's fluxing from +1600-2000. I'm not on these boards enough to know you, hopefully you are not like some of the others Jim tells me about and you might want to place a wager just to make things interesting, I know Jim loves to make things interesting and hopefully you do too.
Can the mods let us know if this is Jim's backup account, or his brother's account? Is there something in the water that makes chicago guys act like they drive suped up civics?

dumb
Old 01-19-2009, 08:46 PM

08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
Can the mods let us know if this is Jim's backup account, or his brother's account? Is there something in the water that makes chicago guys act like they drive suped up civics?

dumb
LOL Nope, just a good friend, Jim is driving home from California as we speak. He is on suspension and asked me to post, as did Marko, the one that started this thread. Sorry you have a prob with reality.

must be the water I guess. BTW, nothing wrong with Civics, I've seen them go 8's
Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Man oh man....can't we just all get along??? So much animosity in the forums these days...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...To BLACKBENZZ; I'm not really sure who you think you are, but a single 11.0X pass at MIR in 30 degree temps a -2000 DA should not even be talked about in the same sentence with a car that made 5-6 back to back 11.0X passes in 70 degree temps with DA's fluxing from +1600-2000.
blackbenz wasn't there so he doesn't know, but just so he's on the same page...temps after 4:30 weren't 70+ and da was around or just above 1300ft not 2000. nit picking to some i'm sure but knowing how much a few hundred can help it might matter to others if details are accurate.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 PM

2005 E55 AMG
1000ft equates to .1 on a blower car if the car is properly tuned. NA car will be a bit less. Of course it depends on what level HP you running but the idea is there, least I have proved such through many many passes at different tracks and different altitude with the same setup.

Last edited by Almo; 01-19-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Almo
1000ft equates to .1 on a blower car if the car is properly tuned. NA car will be a bit less.
so you're saying da affects n/a cars less than f/i cars???
Old 01-19-2009, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
...I am going to show up at MIR with my CLS 55 that can hot lap 11.20's (piles of slips but no need to waste my time faxing to DT's) til the cows come home. BTW, what is the 55 record? I'm pretty sure I can beat it with my CLS, especially at MIR....
Well, you'll need to shave off another 0.5 seconds if you want to top Rflow's 10.745 second run.

If you mean the lowest ET for a 55K without NOS, that would be Nate's 11.050 second run. Nate's run was at positive DA at Mt. Park in Kentucky. It'd be interesting to see what he could do with his car on a negative DA day at MIR.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
^ Nate said he will be at MIR

I am Ahmad. It is not who I think I am, I know who I am. No matter what you say, it doesn't change who I am. Unlike you guys who think your cars, your pockets, and internet talk make you who you are. You have a built motor with 573whp and only run 11.20's? I wouldn't be bragging if I were you. I'm running less than half your boost level on a stock motor. EVERYONE knows Jim likes to put up money to scare people away. I think things are interesting enough. A 2001 CLK55 on pump gas and no nitrous vs. a CLK63 Black Series with almost $200k in it on a race gas only file and 100 shot of nitrous... sounds fair to me! You are right, for my car to be running similar times as another car who is spraying a 100 shot on race gas is down right embarassing.

Edit: I have a whole stack of 11.1x timeslips from MIR and ATCO to back up that 11.09

Last edited by blackbenzz; 01-19-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Lol @ having an "agenda".

Jim and his buddy Andy talk more **** on here than anyone, and from what I could tell he couldn't even beat Chiro's time motor to motor! This was after talking all kinds of crap about Chiro's car, his finances, his profession, etc, etc, etc. After all that talk is it not okay to bust him on it? Jim has probably spent over 200k on that car, and it still can't outrun a 55 motor to motor.

You speak for yourself, but since Jim is suspended then you are speaking on his behalf. You were referring to MIR as well as Famoso.

Maybe Jim should apologize and ask Mikey to drive his car, so we can all see what it's really capable of........

I don't know who you are, but you made me LOL for several hours with this comment!!! Chiromikey was the best consistant driver that day not only in his car but many cars.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
so you're saying da affects n/a cars less than f/i cars???
Edit, I need to go to bed already. NA car's times will reflect little more et.

Last edited by Almo; 01-19-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Almo
1000ft equates to .1 on a blower car if the car is properly tuned. NA car will be a bit less. Of course it depends on what level HP you running but the idea is there, least I have proved such through many many passes at different tracks and different altitude with the same setup.
DA affects N/A cars more than it affects forced induction cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: jrcart TAKES THE CLK RECORD!! 11.04@128.8