W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This subforum used to be a great place...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I tthink we should have an MB World boxing match or MMA event, you can put up some money and then challenge the member you don't like, half the money goes to the winner of each match and half to a charity. This would be a great way to clear the air around here.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by jrcart
I tthink we should have an MB World boxing match or MMA event, you can put up some money and then challenge the member you don't like, half the money goes to the winner of each match and half to a charity. This would be a great way to clear the air around here.
jim i like the way you think. im down i got a few on my list.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:43 AM
c43amgedmonton1

I know my join date isn't old but i have been creeping for 2+ years, and choose not to post here or on benzworld because people like you make me not want to post.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
if there are people you don't like - ignore their posts. who cares? it's the interwebz.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Count me in... 3 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Bro, I don't wipe my a$$ with 100 dollar bills, I use that Charmin ultra sof with the aloa, it feels so nice...hundreds are rough and dry and the don't flush well.
I always hear people say things like "you dont need a soft toilet paper, how much time do you plan on spending in the toilet?"

What I have to say to that is this- when a sodier comes back from battle unharmed, the contents of the first aid kit dont mean ***** to him. But when a soldier comes back with bullet wounds and burns, it better be one hell of a first aid kit.

Picking up what I'm dropping?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 AM

e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
Originally Posted by c43amgedmonton1
I know my join date isn't old but i have been creeping for 2+ years, and choose not to post here or on benzworld because people like you make me not want to post.
benzworld is a ghost town
...the e55 section

Last edited by theeddie; 02-09-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Ok I know I just said to ignore people if you don't like what they say but you Rennstage should be suspended for posting racial slurs. *** you should be banned!
What does ibtl mean??
Old 02-09-2009, 03:18 AM

e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
Ok I know I just said to ignore people if you don't like what they say but you Rennstage should be suspended for posting racial slurs. *** you should be banned!
?que
Old 02-09-2009, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by theeddie
benzworld is a ghost town
...the e55 section
I agree BenzWorld should be re-named BoringWorld.org
Old 02-09-2009, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by juicee63
What does ibtl mean??
in before the lock
Old 02-09-2009, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
I've been lurking for over a year, just reading & checking out the topics, doing my best to learn.

I'm surprised that there are so many egos here. For some reason I thought MB owners were more mature, sophisticated and higher-class than what's on this board. It's all good.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:38 AM

03' E55 Techtite Grey
You know there is a "ignore button" on here. If you don't like what certain people have to say just click their name to go to their public profile and click where it says "add to ignore list". There problem solved. Why all the bickering like we're back in grade school.

Last edited by NSX2NV; 02-09-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by theeddie
?que

I was referring to post #21
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 AM

2004 MB E55
I too have a very young joining date on here,but, I had been lurking for a few months gathering info before I finally bought my E55. And that info has been invaluable to me ,for that I thank all of the members here!

Now, I've been on quite a few different forums and over time egos do arise.The way I see it we all need each other for instance the guy who wipes his *** w/ $100 bills is sometimes willing to go and buy that $3000 part and put on to try it out. And then theres the guy who needs to improvise budget minded parts which are much needed.

Its very hard to stay on topic without the highschool drama, but were all grown adults right?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
I have to agree about the degeneration of this forum but this post will come to no good end. Despite my posted join date, I have been on this forum since the very early days and took a sabbatical before rejoining as there was trouble way back then too.

As to using a $100 bill to wipe...I never even considered that. They do however make a great lighter for cigars. j/k Seriously though, gotta save those $100 bills for the racing program as they fly off our tires faster than we can get them out of the ATM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 AM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
In life you are going to run into people where some are good, some bad and then there's the ugly. I have seen all of the above here on this forum, but try to ignore those that obviously had questionable upbringing. Hopefully, you choose to associate with those that have some common sense and decency about them. I have made way more friends here than enemies, and ignore those that portray what appears to be minimal wealth. As you previously stated, the good outweighs the bad.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 AM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
+1000000000000
Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by mugatu22
I'm surprised that there are so many egos here. For some reason I thought MB owners were more mature, sophisticated and higher-class than what's on this board.
This board does not represent the typical MB owner.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
there are still plenty of good members on the forum. As cars get older we get rid of them and move on to something else. It seems we have lost a few valued members in the past year, but we have also gained a few.

It is also winter and some members are in hibernation, But +1 I feel your gripe.

I would say from vendors to members this forum or Mercedes tuning needs some fresh ideas.

My main gripe is this forum is lacking new products that matter. There are tons of wheel sponsors, everyone in there mother does ECU tuning. Its all the same stuff. How many times can we have topics about headers before it gets old for people?

With age coming into play on the 55AMG. Alot of people have reached some sort of a wall with performance mods, therefore run out of good things to talk about.

Someone need to come out with something amazing that isnt an ECU tune. Put some spark back into the a forum that has seemed to plateaued.
Here I come to save the day!

modified ortho-hydrogen technology

http://vortexfuelsaver.com/
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Don't forget the Turbonator!

http://autosanity.com/wp-content/upl...05/vortex3.jpg
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39 AM

E class
This forum isnt too bad. You should check out my350z.com. There are some serious douche bags over there.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Until some of the newer members who wipe their asses with $100 bills came into the picture and ruined the friendly atmosphere. Nobody wants to hear about how much money you have, nobody cares about how fast your car is if all you wanna do is brag, and most of all... nobody wants to hear your negativity. Who are you trying to impress by flaunting your money? This forum is 99% guys, but hey whatever floats your boat

I for one would like the forum to go back to the way it used to be. I have met alot of people on this forum whose friendship I value and is one of the only reasons why I am still on this board. I try to help by posting any info I have and hopefully someone can put it to use. I know others do the same. The people that just come on here to brag and stir up drama need to go. I have been guilty of participating in quite a few drama filled threads. I'm not very good at holding my tongue, or fingers in this case.

I hope people chime in with their opinions so that the moderators/admins can see how the majority of the board feels. Its always the same old troublemakers.
Like someone said, it's your choice to jump in the fire or not. You have a choice to post positive, constructive comments and you have a choice to ignore that which leads you down a path you can't turn back from. Not to single you out, but since you started this thread, I have seen a few remarks from you that contradict the very core of what you now criticize. So if YOU want to change, it starts with YOU. With every thread you start and every post you make. And with regards to your remarks about the financial positions of some of our members, I really don't see your point whatsoever. Don't you think that is a very naive and limited perspective on the real issues? No offense, but if you're a hater, then own up and say that. So what do you suggest? We ban anyone who flaunts or hints that they have money and that will make everything better? Your post is obviously directed at one or two individuals, so to me this post has an agenda that is personal as much as it may be for the good of the community as you see it.

I really do appreciate your feedback and I'm not going to apologize for being critical. But I think you should spend a little more time on constructive feedback and not comments that obviously generate hostility. Just read your opening sentence...

So I don't necessarily disagree with the very high level of you are attempting to do, but I disagree with how you're going about doing it.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Because expecting grown adults with enough success that they own these better cars to behave properly is too much to ask?

Originally Posted by Bisco
in before the lock
I always thought it was in before thread lock.

Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
In life you are going to run into people where some are good, some bad and then there's the ugly. I have seen all of the above here on this forum, but try to ignore those that obviously had questionable upbringing. Hopefully, you choose to associate with those that have some common sense and decency about them. I have made way more friends here than enemies, and ignore those that portray what appears to be minimal wealth. As you previously stated, the good outweighs the bad.
Right on the money.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
This forum was, is, and will be a great place. The members make it or break it and allowing a few choice threads amongst thousands to be the reasoning for the downfall of this subforum is way off IMHO.

You, the members, dictate how it goes. None of the mods/admins want to run this place like an iron fist. I have seen those sites- they are not fun. The reason why this forum succeeds is the wealth of knowledge that its members carry, their personalities, and their passion.

As I have asked in other threads, we all have to think and read our posts carefully before hitting the "submit reply" button. The NET has no tone, no emotion, and what we hear ourselves typing is different when its read by someone we dont know or have never met.

Its all about respect. Show it, earn it, receive it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This subforum used to be a great place...