Brake Pads, help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
while you may be an enthusiast you are far from an expert and most of the time your advice is downright incorrect and dangerous
Wag tail, WAG!! So, will you be suing me or Porterfield when you slam your car into a light pole trying to autocross? I never claimed to be an expert, you did.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
And yet you claim that Brembo doesn't make our brakes, which would be news to Brembo.
Is there a reason why you throw so many posts out for one rebuttal or are you just getting PMs at different times?

LOL at you being in a brake thread and daring to talk about Brembos. Where's that part number for the E63?

Again, and feel free to bring your Engineer buddy along, a Brembo representative will be at HMS on the 21st of this month for a meet. Are you coming? You don't need to, since I can promise you that a stack of people will be lined up to get the truth and dying to post it here.

Keep helping out bro. I know you are busy with the crop dusting but we need you...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Is there a reason why you throw so many posts out for one rebuttal or are you just getting PMs at different times?

LOL at you being in a brake thread and daring to talk about Brembos. Where's that part number for the E63?

Again, and feel free to bring your Engineer buddy along, a Brembo representative will be at HMS on the 21st of this month for a meet. Are you coming? You don't need to, since I can promise you that a stack of people will be lined up to get the truth and dying to post it here.

Keep helping out bro. I know you are busy with the crop dusting but we need you...
Dude, My Brembo Engineer friend will be at Sebring that weekend providing Technical support for the 12 hour. I'm probably going to be there also.

Too bad you don't know anyone in racing or enough about it to be there....
Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E55 Techtite Grey
And yet you claim that Brembo doesn't make our brakes, which would be news to Brembo.

Oh and before you start going on how you know better an engineer at Brembo motorsports suggests that you watch "Megaworld:Italy" where the president of Brembo says that they make the brakes for MB....
I don't get what's going on here. Brembo definitely makes our brakes. It says it on the calipers.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by NSX2NV
It says it on the calipers.
It isn't a matter of who makes them. It is about branding and so this has become a fun topic. Sorry for the derail.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Banned

2004 E55
It isn't a matter of who makes them. It is about branding
NO you claim that Brembo doesn't make our brakes, they do. This is your typical MO, post bad info, get corrected then claim that you actually meant something different. You are such a loser

Last edited by E55Pilot; 03-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:06 PM

03' E55 Techtite Grey
NO you claim that Brembo doesn't make our brakes, they do. This is your typical MO, post bad info, get corrected then claim that you actually meant something different. You are such a loser
You guys need to go to some net therapy and learn to play nice. Instead of Let's
Old 03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by NSX2NV
You guys need to go to some net therapy and learn to play nice. Instead of Let's
+1000

Look, I do not work for ANY brake company nor do I profit from ANY purchase you may make. Bottom line, EBC redstuff are a VERY good pad for the money, stop GRAET, have VERY little dust, and are track worthy. Personaly I would shy away form Abokone's for spirited driving, and I have first hand knowledge that Porterfields are over rated and over priced. Buy what you like my friend, and I am truely sorry for all of the BS that insued. Drop me a PM for more details, as I am truely tired from having to defend myself form some of the drama queens around here lately.

Good luck with what ever choice you make.

See yeah
Old 03-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Look Tail, Everyone knows Brembo makes them. i said they were not Brembo branded and that there is a significant performance / quality difference between the brembo brands retail sales and the OEM ones that we have. You are the one that keeps bringing it up to hide the real focus. We'll stop that.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
[quote=MRAMG1;3397224 as I am truely tired from having to defend myself form some of the drama queens around here lately.[/quote]

I'm one and sorry.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Look Tail, Everyone knows Brembo makes them. i said they were not Brembo branded and that there is a significant performance / quality difference between the brembo brands retail sales and the OEM ones that we have. You are the one that keeps bringing it up to hide the real focus. We'll stop that.
There is no difference in quality or performance UNLESS you're trying to compare them to the Motorsports calipers.

Good god you are stupid.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
There is no difference in quality or performance UNLESS you're trying to compare them to the Motorsports calipers.

Good god you are stupid.
Ok. Is that better?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:57 AM

03' E55 Techtite Grey
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
+1000

Look, I do not work for ANY brake company nor do I profit from ANY purchase you may make. Bottom line, EBC redstuff are a VERY good pad for the money, stop GRAET, have VERY little dust, and are track worthy. Personaly I would shy away form Abokone's for spirited driving, and I have first hand knowledge that Porterfields are over rated and over priced. Buy what you like my friend, and I am truely sorry for all of the BS that insued. Drop me a PM for more details, as I am truely tired from having to defend myself form some of the drama queens around here lately.

Good luck with what ever choice you make.

See yeah
I already ordered some EBC Reds from James. They are shipped and should be arriving on Tuesday. He also had the same outlook you do. He said the Abokone's are okay but he recommended the EBC Reds over them. The EBC's are even cheaper too. He said that for the money you can't go wrong and every customer that has them seems to be very satisfied so I think I made the right choice. Thanks for all the input guys and I'll let you know how they turn out.