W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, now it's time for my MHP nightmare story **with Vids**

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Well, now it's time for my MHP nightmare story **with Vids**

I could fill pages and pages with this extremely bizarre 3 month ordeal just to receive an ECU and TCU tune, but I will condense it quite a bit.

***edit, just looked at the post and WHOA, bit too long. Here is condensed version. THE TCU BLOWS AND HERE ARE VIDS COMPARED TO KLEEMANN

Back to back vids, click here and watch all the way through

Vids with MHP VS Klee repeated a few times...watch the speedo. The vid doesn't show me moving forward from car near shutting down for 3/4 sec

*****Long version below

"Jim, your car made 700hp....why the F would you want to get another tune" Vadim, Victor/VRUS and Andy were well aware of how different my car ran when we got it up here at 4300ft with average DA of around 6000ft. Victor and Vadim worked hard to trying everything they could but in the end we kinda chaulked it up to elevation. I was frustrated and wished I lived in Cali.

Biggest problem I had was the sluggish response off the line from my car. Even went so far as to buy a friggin sprint booster just so I could light up the tires.

Enter Andy and MHP.

I really went ahead with his tune after his claims of "total and complete" removal of ALL torque limiting in the tranny. Hey now!! This could be a really good thing for me up here and in good sales person form, Andy informed me that if I wanted the "full race" tranny flash, I should go with the ECU and TCU together. I bit on it.

Basically the next 3 months were an endless sea of broken promises. "Going out today" then nothing....."going out tomorrow for sure" then nothing. Many many of those and then when I threatened to do a chargeback. TADA!!!! In comes my ECU. They were having trouble with the TCU so we just went with the ECU after waiting for ONE MONTH!!

Now this is were I will get grief from the Andy haters. The ECU actually did make decent power after it adapted. The car was much better off the line even with my Kleemann TCU and I was excited to go to Sacto and see if it was all that. Car felt about the same as the VRP on the top end so it would have been great to put them both on the dyno but it wasn't meant to be.

Well most of you know already, it was a disaster. Whether it was my fault or Andy's tune will always be up for debate. Long story short I drove the car onto the trailer perfectly fine and when starting it 750 miles later in Sacramento, it POPPED and threw and CEL and then car would redline everytime I started it.

I returned home very bummed. I was informed by Andy that they would reflash another ECU for me but I would have foot the 1500+$ bill for a new ECU. How nice. Went ahead and spent even more money and they ordered the new ECU.

The next 2 months is where things just went absolutely crazy with Andy. Literally over a dozen....many even more of "dave is wrapping you up this week bro" and "just about done" with a few "should be in your hands by XXX" thrown in for seasoning.

On past Christmas we go with constant "on the ways" and it almost became a little comical. I obviously knew something was going wrong with them as NOONE was posting E55 feedback and basically noone was posting any feedback.

Coming to the conclusion now. Okay so the joke stopped being funny and I was getting pissed off. How can it take a tuner 2 months to do a tune????!!! I start getting more aggresive and the grand daddy of fibs was laid on me.

I was told "hey good news. YOUR STUFF IS DONE" Hey this is new. Not out this week or even "for sure you'll have it in your hands"...BUT DONE. I was informed that UPS would pick them up and a UPS tracking number arrived. As most of you know, it takes til late in evening for scans to start showing and I was checkin that sum-bit-ch every minute. I knew it was too good to be true. One day.....nothing......2 days..nothing......3 days and so on. I call...HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THEY ARE DONE AND UPS IS PICKING THEM UP AND THERE ARE NO SCANNNSSSSS!!!

Finally hear from Andy and I am told that Dave is now tuning for Chrysler and will be back soon. W T F??? Okay, so Dave is coming back now and Andy actually gives me Daves number. Dave keeps the lie going that the boxes are done and just waiting to be picked up. Even threw in a little Leo Decaprio and seemed pissed that they didn't pick up.

Nuther day....no scans. Nuther day....no scans.

Back we are again at the charge back point. Death threat to Andy. Hours long pause. Ring Ring Ring....hey look here I am getting a call.

Here is the wild part. I am told that Dave really just can't tune the ECU and TCU and that they are sorry about that. THATs IT. Now if I was a teeny bopper ricer, I would be like, "Duhhh okay." But I just sat there speechless. I was lied to worse than a used car salesman and not one of them apologized to me for just lying endlessly...nothing. Just moved forward as if nothing had happened and talked about how hard it was to tune AMG ECU's and that it might not happen at all. They might even get out of the business.

WOW, sometimes you just can't put into words how you are feeling.

Laid down a timeline for chargeback no matter what and hey...............yup you guessed it. What shows up but my ECU and TCU....just before the chargeback deadline and a full 2 months later.

Bottom line, I was like, "Well at least I will get the TCU in and see if I can take advantage of having no torque limits" despite this disaster.

Pop it in.....and just about laughed and cried at the same time. Tranny acts bizarre. Car drives through my neighborhood without shifting to 2nd. I have to bump the handle to get it into 2nd. When shifting from reverse to drive, it takes a good 2 secs or more.

Okay coming to a close here.

I take out the ECU and the TCU and get it on the highway. The car chirped going into 2nd and I was elated. Never had that happen before. The car actually banged into 2nd so hard it chirped. I call them and say well after all this time, maybe things will be okay. They are happy and I was still pissed but thinking that this tranny thing will work out great and I could put this chapter to rest.

NOPE. I turn the car around and punch it. Car shifts a bit slow 1st to 2nd (definitely no more chirp at WOT) and then when she goes from 2nd to 3rd.....WHOA. My head actually falls forward from the car shutting down for about a second. Back on the phone we go. What I got was typical. Give it time.....give it time.....drive the hell out of it.....disconnect the battery.

And now ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the MHP ECU and TCU in action for you to make your own judgement. This is with 250 hard hard miles on the car in WOT starts and stops and high speed runs.

You be the judge. Watch the whole vid as I take the TCU out before your eyes and pop in the Kleemann and show you the differnece.

Again, the video does not give you the feel of a high horsepower car literally shutting down for 3/4 sec. It's quite dramatic in the car.

I put the MHP back to back with the Kleemann TCU so you can see it for a few times. Watch the speedo. It really tells the story.

Right before post time, I received a txt from Andy wondering if I wanted to have them fix the TCU. After the last 3 months......would you?????

I apologize to the many many members who were commanding I call this all out months ago, but I am one who likes to wait til the very end. Hoping someone will throw a Hail Mary and everything will work out in the end.

With JR's post and Tim in the C63 section, I knew the game was now over.

Thank you to both of them for stepping up.

Glad to move on from this and get back my sanity......sure wish it would be sanity and 5K, but I don't think that is gonna ba happening either.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 02-11-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Wow jim!!! So sorry to hear man!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
jim that's crazy. to late for chargebacks?

sux to hear that andy suckered you in. even being a new member here i could smell ***** from all of their posts, given my previous background as a tuner.
try chargeback otherwise get everyone together - use JRcarts lawyers and take those scammers to small claims court.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
holy crap! ok, now that is insane.

sorry to hear that jim.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Bombs away.....

I think at this point, it is safe to say that MHP is done. Jim is one of the nicest, most honest, and most trusted people on this board, and I do believe him when he says he tried to work things out with MHP. I know he must've gave MHP the full benefit of the doubt and as much leverage as possible to resolve the issue, but looks like they failed.

Jim, I'm so sorry to read that you went through all of that mess with MHP, and I sincerely hope things work out for you my friend, as you undoubtedly deserve it

Last edited by MB_Forever; 02-12-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Jim You are a long time, well known member here at MBWorld, your contributions are numerous. I have nothing but respect for you. I must say that you gave MHP every benefit of the doubt. I hold your word in high regard and suggest to other members that your words (and vids) are creditable.

Andy this is going to leave a mark....
Now is there a Lawyer, Doctor and a Therapist, in the house?

Last edited by Yacht Master; 02-11-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Best Thread of 2009

Terrible to hear this news
Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

Jim, I'm sorry to read you went through all that mess, and I sincerely hope things work out for you my friend
+1, Indeed...

Jim - OT, your car is a monster Wish my C32 could accellerate at that rate.... I guess that's what several hundred more horsepower gets you,

Hope you get everything worked out to your satisfaction!!! The delays only compound the frustration at the ultimate result, I'm sure.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 02-11-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:47 PM

2005 E55
Wow sorry to hear about your problems also... It took Vadim only a 24hr turn around time for my ecu to get back to me once he received it.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
I feel your pain my MHP experience was just as bad as yours broken promises and missed deadlines and a product that didnt work. when i sent it back the 3rd and final time to get flashed back to stock it took over a month to get it back but from what i've been reading a month isnt that long of a wait

when i first installed my ecu tcu i went for a ride the car shifted softer and slower then it did before the tune i wanted the rev limit raised MHP didnt come thru on that i wanted the secondary O2's turned off im not running cats once again MHP didnt come thru on that either so I send it back to get fixed a week or so later andy calls and says everything should be ok now and he doesnt know why the tune had the problems it had so I get it back Install and try to go for a ride but to my suprise the trans would not shift at wot it would just slip and the engine would shut down for 2-3 second at a time so I drove it normal for a few miles so it wouldnt slip and burn up my new trans and then i try it again and same thing happens i try it a few more times with same outcome. a few days later i hook it to star and we look at shift time they were unbeleivable 2 seconds + so thats my MHP experience...

Last edited by BlackOnBlackCLK; 02-11-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Jim, sorry for the ordeal u've been thru.

MHP/Andy/Dave -- u guys r done here on MBWorld.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
Thanks for the heads up. Won't be buying anything from those guys.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 PM

2008 SLR
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I could fill pages and pages with this extremely bizarre 3 month ordeal just to receive an ECU and TCU tune, but I will condense it quite a bit.

***edit, just looked at the post and WHOA, bit too long. Here is condensed version. THE TCU BLOWS AND HERE ARE VIDS COMPARED TO KLEEMANN

Vids with MHP VS Klee repeated a few times...watch the speedo. The vid doesn't show me moving forward from car near shutting down for 3/4 sec

*****Long version below

"Jim, your car made 700hp....why the F would you want to get another tune" Vadim, Victor/VRUS and Andy were well aware of how different my car ran when we got it up here at 4300ft with average DA of around 6000ft. Victor and Vadim worked hard to trying everything they could but in the end we kinda chaulked it up to elevation. I was frustrated and wished I lived in Cali.

Biggest problem I had was the sluggish response off the line from my car. Even went so far as to buy a friggin sprint booster just so I could light up the tires.

Enter Andy and MHP.

I really went ahead with his tune after his claims of "total and complete" removal of ALL torque limiting in the tranny. Hey now!! This could be a really good thing for me up here and in good sales person form, Andy informed me that if I wanted the "full race" tranny flash, I should go with the ECU and TCU together. I bit on it.

Basically the next 3 months were an endless sea of broken promises. "Going out today" then nothing....."going out tomorrow for sure" then nothing. Many many of those and then when I threatened to do a chargeback. TADA!!!! In comes my ECU. They were having trouble with the TCU so we just went with the ECU after waiting for ONE MONTH!!

Now this is were I will get grief from the Andy haters. The ECU actually did make decent power after it adapted. The car was much better off the line even with my Kleemann TCU and I was excited to go to Sacto and see if it was all that. Car felt about the same as the VRP on the top end so it would have been great to put them both on the dyno but it wasn't meant to be.

Well most of you know already, it was a disaster. Whether it was my fault or Andy's tune will always be up for debate. Long story short I drove the car onto the trailer perfectly fine and when starting it 750 miles later in Sacramento, it POPPED and threw and CEL and then car would redline everytime I started it.

I returned home very bummed. I was informed by Andy that they would reflash another ECU for me but I would have foot the 1500+$ bill for a new ECU. How nice. Went ahead and spent even more money and they ordered the new ECU.

The next 2 months is where things just went absolutely crazy with Andy. Literally over a dozen....many even more of "dave is wrapping you up this week bro" and "just about done" with a few "should be in your hands by XXX" thrown in for seasoning.

On past Christmas we go with constant "on the ways" and it almost became a little comical. I obviously knew something was going wrong with them as NOONE was posting E55 feedback and basically noone was posting any feedback.

Coming to the conclusion now. Okay so the joke stopped being funny and I was getting pissed off. How can it take a tuner 2 months to do a tune????!!! I start getting more aggresive and the grand daddy of fibs was laid on me.

I was told "hey good news. YOUR STUFF IS DONE" Hey this is new. Not out this week or even "for sure you'll have it in your hands"...BUT DONE. I was informed that UPS would pick them up and a UPS tracking number arrived. As most of you know, it takes til late in evening for scans to start showing and I was checkin that sum-bit-ch every minute. I knew it was too good to be true. One day.....nothing......2 days..nothing......3 days and so on. I call...HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THEY ARE DONE AND UPS IS PICKING THEM UP AND THERE ARE NO SCANNNSSSSS!!!

Finally hear from Andy and I am told that Dave is now tuning for Chrysler and will be back soon. W T F??? Okay, so Dave is coming back now and Andy actually gives me Daves number. Dave keeps the lie going that the boxes are done and just waiting to be picked up. Even threw in a little Leo Decaprio and seemed pissed that they didn't pick up.

Back we are again at the charge back point. Death threat to Andy. Hours long pause. Ring Ring Ring....hey look here I am getting a call.

Here is the wild part. I am told that Dave really just can't tune the ECU and TCU and that they are sorry about that. THATs IT. Now if I was a teeny bopper ricer, I would be like, "Duhhh okay." But I just sat there speechless. I was lied to worse than a used car salesman and not one of them apologized to me for just lying endlessly...nothing. Just moved forward as if nothing had happened and talked about how hard it was to tune AMG ECU's and that it might not happen at all. They might even get out of the business.

Laid down a timeline for chargeback no matter what and hey...............yup you guessed it. What shows up but my ECU and TCU....just before the chargeback deadline and a full 2 months later.

Bottom line, I was like, "Well at least I will get the TCU in and see if I can take advantage of having no torque limits" despite this disaster.

Pop it in.....and just about laughed and cried at the same time. Tranny acts bizarre. Car drives through my neighborhood without shifting to 2nd. I have to bump the handle to get it into 2nd. When shifting from reverse to drive, it takes a good 2 secs or more.

I take out the ECU and the TCU and get it on the highway. The car chirped going into 2nd and I was elated. Never had that happen before. The car actually banged into 2nd so hard it chirped. I call them and say well after all this time, maybe things will be okay. They are happy and I was still pissed but thinking that this tranny thing will work out great and I could put this chapter to rest.

NOPE. I turn the car around and punch it. Car shifts a bit slow 1st to 2nd (definitely no more chirp at WOT) and then when she goes from 2nd to 3rd.....WHOA. My head actually falls forward from the car shutting down for about a second. Back on the phone we go. What I got was typical. Give it time.....give it time.....drive the hell out of it.....disconnect the battery.

And now ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the MHP ECU and TCU in action for you to make your own judgement. This is with 250 hard hard miles on the car in WOT starts and stops and high speed runs.

You be the judge. Watch the whole vid as I take the TCU out before your eyes and pop in the Kleemann and show you the differnece.

Again, the video does not give you the feel of a high horsepower car literally shutting down for 3/4 sec. It's quite dramatic in the car.

I put the MHP back to back with the Kleemann TCU so you can see it for a few times. Watch the speedo. It really tells the story.

Right before post time, I received a txt from Andy wondering if I wanted to have them fix the TCU. After the last 3 months......would you?????

I apologize to the many many members who were commanding I call this all out months ago, but I am one who likes to wait til the very end. Hoping someone will throw a Hail Mary and everything will work out in the end.

Glad to move on from this and get back my sanity......sure wish it would be sanity and 5K, but I don't think that is gonna ba happening either.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Don't they offer a "money back guarantee"? I am definitely not going with MHP for my tuning.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Damn. Just......damn.

Hard to dispute video evidence, huh?

Well let see here, shall we?

1. EuroElites/Evotech (Buh bye)
2. Sevas (CYA)
3. 360 Forged (Nice knowing ya)
4. MHP (no words for it)

In my best Thunderdome voice... "IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?"

I'm still running my Evotech ECU and luckily it hasn't gone "boom" yet.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Jim/JrCart/BlackOnBlackCLK/yet to be named.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 02-12-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
I was wondering why the E55 tunes by MHP seemed to drop off the radar.

Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles. I would just be beside myself.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Don't they offer a "money back guarantee"? I am definitely not going with MHP for my tuning.

that sucks, I was lucky with my chargeback to a forum vendor last week. i hope he steps to up to the plate and does the right thing.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

*****Long version below

Enter Andy and MHP.

Damn Jim...just watched the video. That really sucks and is absolutely unacceptable. I hope you get your money back.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Jakpro (Jim) that sucks. Your proof is solid, and shown. I suppose you can't get your money back?

My main question is: Why in the hell did you guys wait so long to say something?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
5K and 3 months time....I'd be a lot more than pissed. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 PM

2001 clk55 AMG
I have said something before but I thought I was the only one to have these types of problems with MHP and I got my money back so I thought if everyone else was happy who was I to bring it up knowing andy would just go off on me and blame me or someone-something for the problems
Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
.. DAmn, sorry to hear everyones dilema. Looks like it struggles to even make the 2-3 shift, than falls on its face after the 3 shift... But damn the ***** boogies with the Kleeman tune...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Jim, I'm sorry that you have had to go through this but I am happy you have come forward.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 PM

05 e55
the video definately sheds light on the situation and shows what's going on... thanks for that... will definately not do any business with any of the said companies that have been treating customers unfairly on the forum the past few weeks...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Sorry to hear that Jim but with you guys stepping up this will prevent others from making a costly mistake. At least that horrific experience is over and you could get back to enjoying your beast...and I do mean BEAST!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I'm sorry Jim.

To one of the true gentleman on this forum, I really do feel for you. From day one I've always appreciated your opinion and valued your help. I know you have always been the type of individual that gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. It is tough to dispute your chronicled dealings with MHP...... and after viewing the videos plus knowing that you are down 5 grand is extremely upsetting to say the least.

I hope Andy does the right thing and returns your money. Good luck my friend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Well, now it's time for my MHP nightmare story **with Vids**