Sponsored by:

Super Sprint Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Super Sprint Exhaust

Hello i am new to this site and i am intrested on getting the super spint exhaust does any one have this exhaust and if so how do you like it? is it to loud?

Thank you for your help
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
you've seen the price...right???
Old 02-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
We have one car here (Rocket's) that has it and the necessery tune to go along with it. The performance is there as with any long tube header set, but the price is rediculous for most.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
+1... search the forum you will find better/cheaper ways upgrade your exhaust...

Originally Posted by chiromikey
you've seen the price...right???
Old 02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
If you want options, contact Vadim @ VRP. He is a sponsor here and will hook you up with the exhaust and tune.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
I have seen a set of the headers and they are ok at best, they are compression bent, not mandrel bent, and for the price of the entire exhaust system, $12K, you can buy a c32....
Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
I have seen a set of the headers and they are ok at best, they are compression bent, not mandrel bent, and for the price of the entire exhaust system, $12K, you can buy a c32....
actually, you're being too kind. for the price, imho, they're garbage if you look at total quality and take away the bling factor.

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by chiromikey
actually, you're being too kind. for the price, imho, they're garbage if you look at total quality and take away the bling factor.
I think you're being overly dramatic.

Everyone already gets it about the cost of the system. It's expensive. You can buy the complete set-up (long tube headers, metallic cats, resonator, pipes and mufflers) now for $8,500, not $12,000. Not cheap.

But they're not garbage. The entire system is made from stainless steel. SuperSprint develops its systems on dyno - there is actual R&D that goes into their systems - and the manufacturing quality is very high. All tubing is mandrel bent and fit is excellent. And the entire system likely offers a huge weight reduction from the massively heavy factory system. For the 55 engine, the complete system offers about 30HP without tuning (check the dyno results):

http://www.supersprintna.com/new_pro...mb_w211_55.php

As for the comment about "bling", since no one sees anything of the system when it's mounted on the car except the exhaust tips (which appear to be remarkably similar to the stock AMG tips), I have no idea why you would consider it "bling" - since bling is about visible appearance.

Overpriced? Sure. Garbage? No way.

Last edited by komp55; 02-13-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by komp55

Everyone already gets it about the cost of the system. It's expensive. You can buy the complete set-up (long tube headers, metallic cats, resonator, pipes and mufflers) now for $8,500, not $12,000. Not cheap.

But they're not garbage. The entire system is made from stainless steel. SuperSprint develops its systems on dyno - there is actual R&D that goes into their systems - and the manufacturing quality is very high. All tubing is mandrel bent and fit is excellent. And the entire system likely offers a huge weight reduction from the massively heavy factory system. For the 55 engine, the complete system offers about 30HP without tuning (check the dyno results):

As for the comment about "bling", since no one sees anything of the system when it's mounted on the car except the exhaust tips (which appear to be remarkably similar to the stock AMG tips), I have no idea why you would consider it "bling" - since bling is about visible appearance.

they're shiny, that's what i meant by bling.

and yes, i am being overly dramatic, but...

besides fitting properly (in most cases anyways) have you seen the insides of the system? as in the merge collectors...not pretty. the weight savings mostly comes from the cat/muffler replacement...not that big of a deal. what r&d??? if you meant they simply figured out how to put a bunch of long tubes together that would fit the platform, then yes i agree. otherwise the tubes are not tuned, they're not in the proper firing order, nothing...just long tubes with new cats and mufflers. i know those are nit picky items that don't make as much of a difference on our pd blown motors as they would on a n/a vehicle but for the price i would at least expect an attempt.

no biggie, just my obersvations and subsequent opinion. i'm not pushing any other product but there were good reasons (besides just price) that i had my own system made.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
Supersprint is not garbage- I am not quite sure where you got that from. Supersprint probably is one of the few companies that have a long history of making great exhaust

Plus, if you just want mufflers, they are one of the lower price companies out there, they retial for 850 a piece, so if you know somebody that knows somebody you can probably knock off 20% off that

Long tube headers are expensive where ever you go, plus race cats- their system is not that bad considering the quality and the exhaust note

Originally Posted by komp55

Old 02-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Ok problem is we only have one member that i know fo with them....he seems not to be around as much latly

they look nice and the name is oww...price is out of this world as you can go to stage 3-4 modding with that price tag.

I have actuly played with a car here with them on...and well it got pulled on
The AMG exhust is good my friends

Now chiros headers look like a steal for the price and the performance compared to these,but are they stainles?
and puls tunnned etc?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
uhm

Originally Posted by Zod
Ok problem is we only have one member that i know fo with them....he seems not to be around as much latly

they look nice and the name is oww...price is out of this world as you can go to stage 3-4 modding with that price tag.

I have actuly played with a car here with them on...and well it got pulled on
The AMG exhust is good my friends

Now chiros headers look like a steal for the price and the performance compared to these,but are they stainles?
and puls tunnned etc?
The AMG mufflers are good ... the rest ... not so good. I have the supersprint stuff up to resonator and have the xpipe in my garage. THe quality is top notch and they showed improvement over my shorty headers.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by SLK55R
I have the supersprint stuff up to resonator and have the xpipe in my garage. THe quality is top notch and they showed improvement over my shorty headers.
So are you using SuperSprint long tubes and cats plumbed into the stock mufflers? Resonator or no?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
resonator

for the SLK its longtubes into cats into either Xpipe or stock resonator and then to the mufflers.

I'm currently doing LTs Cats stock resonator and then mufflers.

SS does make a resonator now for my car but I don't really see the need for that.