Sponsored by:

Evosport Rotors w/ hot spots?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Back on topic: Do both you guys have EBC pads? Just a thought....
Old 02-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Maybe E55Pilot is simply in misinformation mode and is confused between cutting and grinding?
Blanchard Grinding takes a cut out of the rotor not that you'd actually know, after all you are the king of misinformation
Old 02-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Banned

2004 E55
I never said LA. Where'd you get that part? Where did you buy it?
What part?
Old 02-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Look, I've backed off even when all of MHP's stuff was coming in. I backed off of Andy. I also backed off of the harem of clients he had sniffing my rear all day. All for the better of the board. i even backed off of this guy but his personal attacks never stopped. I'm done with it and I'm gonna bring this guy to the surface as well. If you really want this to stop ask the mods to be fair and not go by what they think is perception and what it will do.

All I can give you is that I will not start any nonsense in another person's threads. But, if he starts, I will come back with appropriate offense.
Careful there Jangy.

I'm not the one that claims to be the great canyon driver who crashes his car on a canyon drive. and do you really want to address the video where you claim to have beaten the Porsche up a canyon yet the video shot from the porsche has the female passenger asking why they are driving up the canyon so slowly?

Let's not get started on the bad information that you post in this forum.

it would be wise for you to shut it now.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Careful there Jangy.

Careful on what? He is asking us to mellow out.

I'm not the one that claims to be the great canyon driver who crashes his car on a canyon drive.

No, you claim to be James Bonds secret agent, and?

...and do you really want to address the video where you claim to have beaten the Porsche up a canyon yet the video shot from the porsche has the female passenger asking why they are driving up the canyon so slowly?

I don't get what that has anything to do with you ruining threads but sure lets explore it more. The Porsche you speak of is close friend of mine's who happens to be a member here (AMG55). You are a liar to say that I ever claimed to beat him. The video that you watched was taped by his long time GF and my friend as well, again a member here (Ms V). In addition to that one minute footage, we ran all around the mountain, including down the fast side, where the E55 was faster (more straights). Vadim is a driver that I will put up against anyone. He was and still is the ONLY person to have beat Tommy Kendall on the Autocross track at the AMG challenge, which i also attended with AMG55 and Ms V. Also, just for good measure, we attended the "advanced" course.
SO WHAT!!!!!!?!?!?!??!?! What does tha have to do with anything? So, you are saying you only respect or at least treat decently people that are on par with your knowledge? Give it a break. OK, so you know cars. So what? I know about Biotech and you don't.

Let's not get started on the bad information that you post in this forum.

Do. Get started on whatever man, I am sick of your pompous attitude thinking that any respected majority here is that way. You act like I claim to make race cars and you want to prove me wrong. I'm a friggin enthusiast and all that is required is interest, PERIOD.

it would be wise for you to shut it now.
Keep your threats. You spread lies for a few weeks on what i had supposedly sadi about Jcart and 63s in general and yet not a single post did you find. Not one. All yap yap yap. EVERYONE who I care about here knows ME, not the persona. They all know exactly what i claim to knjow about cars in general and AMGs specifically.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Keep your threats. You spread lies for a few weeks on what i had supposedly sadi about Jcart and 63s in general and yet not a single post did you find. Not one. All yap yap yap. EVERYONE who I care about here knows ME, not the persona. They all know exactly what i claim to knjow about cars in general and AMGs specifically.
What lies about Jcart and 63's Jangy. I'd be real careful what you claim. anything I bring up about you Has been posted by you

hopefully your friends are smart enough to know that you don't know much
Old 02-15-2009, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Look, I've backed off even when all of MHP's stuff was coming in. I backed off of Andy. I also backed off of the harem of clients he had sniffing my rear all day. All for the better of the board. i even backed off of this guy but his personal attacks never stopped. I'm done with it and I'm gonna bring this guy to the surface as well. If you really want this to stop ask the mods to be fair and not go by what they think is perception and what it will do.

All I can give you is that I will not start any nonsense in another person's threads. But, if he starts, I will come back with appropriate offense.
I appreciate your efforts Jangy, I really do...and I have no beef with you as I believe you (and E55Pilot) have valuable info to share with this community. Heck, I've PMed you on several occasions concerning mods and you have always been willing to help.

BUT, when you two guys start going at it...and it seems one of you CANNOT post without the OTHER showing up and making a somewhat innocent cheap shot at first...THEN it goes from bad to worse quickly.

When this happens, the entire thread loses focus and quite honestly I don't care anymore. Yes, I have the option to quit reading the thread, but why should *I* be punished for something that I had nothing to do with?

I know I could put you guys on ignore as well...unfortunately you both have a knowledge far superior to mine on this platform and I keep hoping to learn from your posts.

I believe you two should just go start a thread titled "Jangy vs E55Pilot" and respond to each other in that thread concerning things from other threads. Just copy and paste from whatever thread you want to bash each other on and keep it out of the original thread. Make it a point to ONLY post in other threads IF it has NOTHING to do with each other. Otherwise, put it in your Jangy vs E55Pilot thread. For convenience sake, I would propose having this thread open at ALL times to make it easier for yourselves.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Back on topic: Do both you guys have EBC pads? Just a thought....
Back on topic....Yes, I believe we both have EBC Red pads. I'm almost thinking I should change out my pads...let's see what Evosport has to say. PSUball, did you purchase your set through James? Maybe we should contact him first and have him speak with Evosport.....
Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Back on topic....Yes, I believe we both have EBC Red pads. I'm almost thinking I should change out my pads...let's see what Evosport has to say. PSUball, did you purchase your set through James? Maybe we should contact him first and have him speak with Evosport.....
I'm sure he did get his from Creative, too but I'd still contact EVOsport directly. I'm wondering if this isn't just something inherent to these pads and it may not even be an issue? I'm on my seconset of front rotors and I have never seen those "spots" or squeeking but again that could be pads. FWIW, I think the EBCs are grippier and so may be squeeky...
Old 02-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Timeless
When this happens, the entire thread loses focus and quite honestly I don't care anymore. Yes, I have the option to quit reading the thread, but why should *I* be punished for something that I had nothing to do with?

True and I apologize. I will start a new thread to have our fun but his friends may not like it. Either way, I will try to only respond in my own threads.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
I did get them from James and I have the EBC red pads also. I seriously was going to rive my car off a cliff due to the "INSANE" amount of squeaking that came from my brakes at first, now the brakes feel better than they have ever felt and no squeak.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by psuball1
I did get them from James and I have the EBC red pads also. I seriously was going to rive my car off a cliff due to the "INSANE" amount of squeaking that came from my brakes at first, now the brakes feel better than they have ever felt and no squeak.
LOL...I hated the squeal initially but like you they no longer make a peep. We just need to figure out if these hot spots are normal with these pads and if there will be premature wear. I'll contact both EBC and Evosport tomorrow and post back with my findings...

By chance who did your bedding in process?
Old 02-15-2009, 08:54 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
LOL...I hated the squeal initially but like you they no longer make a peep. We just need to figure out if these hot spots are normal with these pads and if there will be premature wear. I'll contact both EBC and Evosport tomorrow and post back with my findings...

By chance who did your bedding in process?

James did the bedding. I have never seen anything like this on rotors before.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Do these types of "spots" have any history? Is it indicative of anything? I haven't seen them before, either...
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Here a pictures of the hot spots on the rotors. I'm hoping these will go away like you guys stated if not what will happen, will they start warping and be short lived?

Yup they will go away. that's visible pad deposits usually you won't see it but on drilled rotors you do, It's due to the transfer layer being interrupted by the cross drill holes.

Hawk Blues are pretty good at removing those deposits. After you clean up the deposits you will have to rebed the pads since the transfer layer has been removed and the rotor will be in a new "Green" state
Old 02-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Do these types of "spots" have any history? Is it indicative of anything? I haven't seen them before, either...
You mean like this?

It's a pretty common brake issue.

Seriously you make it so easy to show how little you really know
Old 02-16-2009, 04:22 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
You mean like this?

on which brands though?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Zod
on which brands though?
If the pads were not bedded in correctly they can do that on any rotor with any pad.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:47 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Mine looks just like yours E55Pilot. I have never seen this happen to a rotor before.

So, is this something to worry about?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by psuball1
Mine looks just like yours E55Pilot. I have never seen this happen to a rotor before.

So, is this something to worry about?
Not at all. you can clean those off with Hawk Blues or drive them till they clean themselves off.

BTW that photo is from StopTech they are not my rotors.

Stoptech has a GREAT section on Brake tech on their website I suggest that people read it.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Hey there bassn:

I have used EBC red stuff on all my cars, and they come with VERY good bedding info. If you followed them correctly, they will not squeal, hot spot etc, etc. I know timeless had an issue with them, and he stated aboved it took some time.

Anyway, here is EBC's Bed in procedure from their web site:
9. Bedding in EBC pads
In Street use situations …
Bedding in when the red EBC surface coating (marked on the pads as Brake In) is applied.
Best procedure is to drive gently avoiding harsh braking unless in an emergency for first 100 miles. In the second 100 miles (up to 200) you can use gently increasing brake pressures when using the brakes.
Only after 200 miles urban driving (not 200 miles on a freeway where brakes are almost unused) should you attempt to apply heavy load and heat to the brakes. To do this final bedding on a QUIET ROAD in safe traffic apply the brakes and slow from 60 to 10 MPH five times in a row. Then drive slowly for a few minutes if safe to do so to allow the brakes to cool. Try to avoid coming to a rest whilst the brakes are heated.
A smell may be noticed from the warm brakes, this is normal. Repeat this procedure a second time after the brakes have TOTALLY cooled down. EBC pads get better with miles. Even after this bed in procedure it can take up to 1500 miles before the pads are at their best. In the meantime the pads will be good and safe but true potential not realised. EBC makes performance pads that last, they do not bed in within 5 minutes driving. Noises will be more likely during the first 1000-1500 miles use whilst this chemical bedding takes place.

NEVER attempt to sand or scotchbrite brake pads to assist it bedding in or noise reduction,this will only make things worse by taking the pads "Off-Flat" and require hundreds of miles driving to seat them again during which time the brakes will feel very dull. The only way to seat pads is against the rotor they will be used on and by following our bedding recommendation.

I use the track version of break in which is:

10-15 HARD slow downs, NEVER STOPPING, from 60-15 MPH. The idea is to get ALOT of heat into them, aka almost fade. Then drive around for 15-20 minutes with NO brake use. Empty interstates at night are your friend here. Works everytime.

Hope it helps

See yeah

PS: They are GREAT street/track pads that I use on all my toys.

A quote from EBC web site:
Being a hard wearing pad, bed-in times can be as long as 1000 miles and drivers must be patient until the pad takes up the shape of their disc (brake rotor). This is a truly impressive fast road pad for repeated heavy braking.

Last edited by MRAMG1; 02-16-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:29 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
The pads are excellent especially for the price.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You mean like this?

Instigate. Why does it matter how much I really know? How tall are you? I smell a syndrome here.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I just got off the phone with Dale from Evosports and these hot spot are normal and should be expected. Just like E55Pilot mentioned, pad deposits and you need not to worry. He recommends doing some frequent hard stops to help reduce pad deposit. Hope this help and me personally, I feel much better. Thanks Jangy and E55Pilot for the helpful post between the bickering…LOL.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I just got off the phone with Dale from Evosports and these hot spot are normal and should be expected. Just like E55Pilot mentioned, pad deposits and you need not to worry. He recommends doing some frequent hard stops to help reduce pad deposit. Hope this help and me personally, I feel much better. Thanks Jangy and E55Pilot for the helpful post between the bickering…LOL.
I may have to check those pads out, if they grab better than the porterfields.

BTW, what was install?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport Rotors w/ hot spots?