W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

ic pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2009 | 08:18 PM

E55 AMG Kompressor
ic pump

I have had my ic pump fail 100% it just stopped lost all power then had it chaged and it was going hard again.

Now i feel like i have started to lose power. My car is not pulling that hard dont no y could my new ic pump that mb dealer put in be starting to fail.?

could it be the pump is stuffing up but still working so the car is only pulling a little timing out and ther 4 im losing power?

also what psi/boost does a 03 e55 amg run standed
Old 02-18-2009 | 09:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Standard boost is 11.8psi in 4th gear at 5500rpms.

If you have access to a scan tool with CAN BUS feature you can measure the boost while driving the car it will be the MAP readout you may have to convert it in psi.

Check the car in the morning to see if it is loosing power because when the engine is cold it should not loose power if the ic pump is begining to fail.
Let me know your findings I can help out more.
Old 02-18-2009 | 09:41 PM

E55 AMG Kompressor
Originally Posted by shardul
Standard boost is 11.8psi in 4th gear at 5500rpms.

If you have access to a scan tool with CAN BUS feature you can measure the boost while driving the car it will be the MAP readout you may have to convert it in psi.

Check the car in the morning to see if it is loosing power because when the engine is cold it should not loose power if the ic pump is begining to fail.
Let me know your findings I can help out more.
cool i will keep in touch i can get my hands on the scan tool so ill c what psi im getting that will help ill let ya know how i go

Thanks mate