Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 E55 for $15k!! Can it be ok???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Looks like a scam. Email that seller and you'll probably get spam mail like crazy.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM

1989 928 S4 Supercharged
Originally Posted by BeE55AMG
Looks like a scam. Email that seller and you'll probably get spam mail like crazy.
And when you email them they will have your full name. They will do a search online to get your physical address. Before you know it, you will be winning all kinda international lotteries by email and mail.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
I would change a name to George Bush
Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Cayenne Turbo
Hey guys!!

I've been emailing with the owner a few times. He sent me more pics, all description. Told me they move into a bigger house need the money asap as they wanted to sell it for long but couldn't. So they offered it for sale on net!

Do you think it can be true? Anybody from Corpwell, Alabama who could check this car for me??
Old 03-03-2009, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by stefi
Hey guys!!

I've been emailing with the owner a few times. He sent me more pics, all description. Told me they move into a bigger house need the money asap as they wanted to sell it for long but couldn't. So they offered it for sale on net!

Do you think it can be true? Anybody from Corpwell, Alabama who could check this car for me??
What are the terms of the deal?

Wire money? If so, SCAM

Shipping the car from a different location? If so, SCAM

Escrow Services? If so, SCAM

Have they mentioned Cashiers Checks or Money Orders? If so, SCAM

If not, then to get more visibility, post a new thread here or in the regional forum for a forum member to check the car out. Careful though, with these cars, you get what you pay for. Just because it is $15K doesn't mean you do not have to service a $90K car.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Ad has been removed from Autotrader....

....I'm sure another will be back shortly; their site always seems to have at least one AMG for sale at a ridiculously low price, always from someone using the same "don't call me, email me at this (untraceable) xxx@hotmail.com address".

Stefi, as I said: santa claus does NOT EXIST. Think about it: if someone could take a vehicle to carmax and wholesale it for auction, which is *well* above $15K for these things unless they're literally falling apart, then why wouldn't they?

If it sounds too good to be true, it is, full stop. You don't want to be the one validating the "fool and his (or her) money" maxim, trust me.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 AM

Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by str8ridin
What are the terms of the deal?

Wire money? If so, SCAM

Shipping the car from a different location? If so, SCAM

Escrow Services? If so, SCAM

Have they mentioned Cashiers Checks or Money Orders? If so, SCAM

If not, then to get more visibility, post a new thread here or in the regional forum for a forum member to check the car out. Careful though, with these cars, you get what you pay for. Just because it is $15K doesn't mean you do not have to service a $90K car.

It does not seem to be scam. He told me to use some secure funds, so that he can only get his money after I recieved the car. And offered to use a third party, like a dealer or some kind of trustee. He does not really want to use anything you talked about.

I know it's a 90k car to service. I drive a 2004 Jaguar XJ8. It does not worth too much now (around 15k), but still really expensive to maintain. That's not a problem, I wanted to change my Jag to an E55 in the summer, just if there is such a good deal, I buy it now and sell my car as soon as I have the AMG!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
It does not seem to be scam. He told me to use some secure funds, so that he can only get his money after I recieved the car. And offered to use a third party, like a dealer or some kind of trustee. He does not really want to use anything you talked about.

I know it's a 90k car to service. I drive a 2004 Jaguar XJ8. It does not worth too much now (around 15k), but still really expensive to maintain. That's not a problem, I wanted to change my Jag to an E55 in the summer, just if there is such a good deal, I buy it now and sell my car as soon as I have the AMG!
Have you received a VIN?? Please tell me that you have done at least this...

Last edited by Improviz; 03-04-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by Improviz
Have you received a VIN?? Please tell me that yup have done at least this...
Take the VIN and run the CARFAX and it will be interesting to see if it is registered in the same state as the seller claims he is in.

Calling the seller would also be a good idea. ;-)
Old 03-04-2009, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
It is also possible for you to get screwed by using a "dealer or third party" that he recommends even if it sounds legit. I would be VERY careful and would probably put a deposit on it and fly to inspect the car and make sure that both it and the title are clean and exist.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
If you - as the buyer are in Budapest, exactly what recourse do you think you are going to have with this seller if he is in the US?

If you continue to pursue this - you have only yourself to blame when this proves to be a scam.

If this was legit - don't you think someone with cash, in the US, would not have swooped in and bought it? If he really needed the money, do you think he'd hassle with an overseas sale?

Are you REALLY going to continue with this pursuit?

If you were here, and this was someone in a desperate financial position, and you could physically hand him $15,000 in cash within 48 hours and he could hand you a clean title and a car, this MIGHT be feasible. Anything else stinks to high heaven.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
If you - as the buyer are in Budapest, exactly what recourse do you think you are going to have with this seller if he is in the US?

If you continue to pursue this - you have only yourself to blame when this proves to be a scam.

If this was legit - don't you think someone with cash, in the US, would not have swooped in and bought it? If he really needed the money, do you think he'd hassle with an overseas sale?

Are you REALLY going to continue with this pursuit?

If you were here, and this was someone in a desperate financial position, and you could physically hand him $15,000 in cash within 48 hours and he could hand you a clean title and a car, this MIGHT be feasible. Anything else stinks to high heaven.
Stefi, meet P.T. Barnum.

In addition to what Uber Wagon wrote, ask yourself this question: if he hasn't sold the car yet and is desperate for money, then why did HE pull the add off of Autotrader?

Here is what it says when you click on the link:
Originally Posted by Autotrader
This car is no longer listed for sale.

The seller has removed this ad from the site.
OK, so he's desparate to sell it, but he pulls his ad off of Autotrader? And he's hard up for cash, but is too stupid to take the car to his local Carmax where he could sell it for thousands of dollars more than this?

Come on, Stefi...you are giving new meaning to the word "gullible" here....I mean, look here:

Here is my car. It is for sale. The VIN is this:
WDBUF76J53A363206

Here are some pics:

I will sell it to you for $15K.

Of course, this is not my car. Those are not pics of my car. I found them via google.

This is what these people do. Just a few months ago, someone found a "CLS55" for sale on ebay, where the bogus seller was using photos and VIN number of a vehicle that one of our forum members had sold to another forum member.

In other words, the car was not for sale, it was safely in the new owner's garage.

Be sensible, and be smart. You are being conned.

Last edited by Improviz; 03-05-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon

This is super easy to figure out.

Just contact the seller and tell him that you have a friend, local to him, that you want to come by and inspect the car. Most of these scammers will disappear as soon as you ask to see the car in person.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 PM

CLK 320
Greedy stupid people fall for this crap all the time. Don't be that guy.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 AM

Cayenne Turbo
OK you are all right and I know it too.
I just plan to buy my E55 in the summer, but it seemed to be so cheap that I started thinking about buying it now without selling my Jaguar.

But I stay with the normal way of buying my E55...