W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROLL BARS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
ROLL BARS?

In the discussion about the Texas mile the requirement for a roll bar was mentioned which at the speeds being discussed is a no brainer.

Who would you go to for a roll bar in your AMG? Could it be done with a stock interior without butchering it? What would you expect to pay for something like this? Wouldn't it seriously affect the value of your car in a negative way?

Some of the serious Drag Racers around here are also pushing the rules. Do any of you have a roll bar?

Just asking...
Old 02-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
It will butcher up the interior and diminish the value of the car.
Now if the e55 is solely a race car then it is advisable doing it other than that it is worthless, just to get all that done to attain 200mph plus speeds.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
you guys know who i would go to if i was going to do this (and we have discussed it) but i just couldn't live with myself having attorneys and golf buddies climbing over/around/under a roll system...even if it was suede or alcantara lined.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by chiromikey
you guys know who i would go to if i was going to do this (and we have discussed it) but i just couldn't live with myself having attorneys and golf buddies climbing over/around/under a roll system...even if it was suede or alcantara lined.

Yeah...but after contorting their bodies...you could get more patients out of it afterward...

Tom
Old 02-24-2009, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Yeah...but after contorting their bodies...you could get more patients out of it afterward...

Tom
c'mon now...i wouldn't do that to friends. even i draw the line after ambulance chasing.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
As most of you already know I have a roll bar in my Black Series, however there is no back seat in my car and it's not my every day driver. A roll bar in an every day driven sedan would sort of defeat the purpose of having four doors I assume. However, I'm sure if you guys wanted to get creative you could find somebody to make fully functional removable roll bar system that bolts through the floor directly behind the front seats with mounting points in the floor that would ultimately be covered by rear floor mats when not installed/removed and with an additional set mounting points under the rear seats. This would obviously require the rear seats to be removed, but would be a nice clean set-up that would completely disappear when the bar was removed. The rules only require a 4-point, but they suggest a 6 pointer.

The roll bar Evosport fabbed for my car can be removed with no evidence it was ever there.

.....otherwise some PVC pipe and some silver spray paint might make it through tech inspection

Last edited by jrcart; 02-24-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by shardul
It will butcher up the interior and diminish the value of the car.
Now if the e55 is solely a race car then it is advisable doing it other than that it is worthless, just to get all that done to attain 200mph plus speeds.
Not true, as I previously stated, when my roll bar is removed you would never know it was in there in the first place. I will try to post up some pics, it is an ultra stealth mounting system.

here are a pics couple, trying to find more
Attached Thumbnails ROLL BARS?-_a180082-20-medium-.jpg   ROLL BARS?-_a140390.jpg  

Last edited by jrcart; 02-24-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
As JRCart mentions, we can build this no problem. Many do not know, but we have a full fab shop and build everything from roll bars to full pro-level race car roll cages and chassis.

It could always be built to be removable.

I just need a client local in SoCal that wants this done and we can build it and send out as many as people want.

I can go into much more detail if desired.

thanks
Brad
Old 02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik
As JRCart mentions, we can build this no problem. Many do not know, but we have a full fab shop and build everything from roll bars to full pro-level race car roll cages and chassis.

I just need a client local in SoCal that wants this done and we can build it and send out as many as people want.

thanks
Brad
Not that i am in ANY danger of getting kicked off a track cause of my speed(not that I know of...) but have you all designed anything that can easily be put in and taken out on an E class without butchering the car up? if so what does something like that run?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55

thanks
Brad
A detachable roll bar with an integrated harness bar for an R230 would be sweet! How about it, one of you SL owners out that-a-way?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
We have not done any in an E or SL yet. But it is not a problem. Making one that comes in and out and looks right in either condition is a trick, but my guys are good at that stuff.

I have 2 CLK ones sitting on the shelf. Making one for any other car just requires (1) customers and (2) a local car to get it done.

I cannot estimate price till I have a car to look over with the fabbies.

thanks
brad
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
We have not done any in an E or SL yet. But it is not a problem. Making one that comes in and out and looks right in either condition is a trick, but my guys are good at that stuff.

I have 2 CLK ones sitting on the shelf. Making one for any other car just requires (1) customers and (2) a local car to get it done.

I cannot estimate price till I have a car to look over with the fabbies.

thanks
brad
I may be contacting you as I may have interest in a removable roll bar...as I love to go down the 1/4 mile strip, Englishtown race park is pretty strict with this...any sub 11.5 run and you will get pulled.

Somehow I estimate once I get this VRP package they will single me out like a black bean in a bowl of rice. LOL!