W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question from a Noob about E63 Brake squeal...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Question from a Noob about E63 Brake squeal...

So I picked up my 2007 artic white fully loaded E63 in December of last year and absolutely LOVE IT!! I paid for the CPO and they replaced the front pads for me under CPO.

Here is the kicker... they never replaced the rotors!! They said they were over the wear limit and there was no need. I have raced supra's and vipers for years and have ALWAYS replaced rotors when I replaced the pads. Especially on floated rotors. Any experts opinions on this!?!

Also... I have been getting HORRIBLE squeal from my passenger right rear brake. I took it into them and they said they were glazed and recommend replacing. I said " I JUST paid to have it CPO'd... why was that not covered!?!" they stated that the pads and rotors were not to the wear point. I just came across the DTB 211.077 P-B-42.10/76 that says the new pads should be put on for squeals regardless of mileage. It goes in first thing Monday but has anyone else done this, and did it cure the problem!?!? i want them to replace the rotors too back there if they put in new brakes as well....

anyone... anyone.. bueller?!?!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by VENOMNS
So I picked up my 2007 artic white fully loaded E63 in December of last year and absolutely LOVE IT!! I paid for the CPO and they replaced the front pads for me under CPO.

Here is the kicker... they never replaced the rotors!! They said they were over the wear limit and there was no need. I have raced supra's and vipers for years and have ALWAYS replaced rotors when I replaced the pads. Especially on floated rotors. Any experts opinions on this!?!

Also... I have been getting HORRIBLE squeal from my passenger right rear brake. I took it into them and they said they were glazed and recommend replacing. I said " I JUST paid to have it CPO'd... why was that not covered!?!" they stated that the pads and rotors were not to the wear point. I just came across the DTB 211.077 P-B-42.10/76 that says the new pads should be put on for squeals regardless of mileage. It goes in first thing Monday but has anyone else done this, and did it cure the problem!?!? i want them to replace the rotors too back there if they put in new brakes as well....

anyone... anyone.. bueller?!?!
I just spoke to two different dealers in two different cities here in California and they both told me if the car has over 12,000 miles or is more than a year old from its "in-service" date, they will NOT change the brakes under warranty regardless of the TSB. But then again, some people have been able to replace their brakes under the TSB despite having 18k miles and even 20k miles. It's hard to know what are the rules regarding this issue, as there is not a lot of information out there
Old 02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
I would also like to know what to do --
I believe it unfair to me to have to buy new pads when there is plenty of life left....
I also don't believe brakes on a 95 thousand dollar car should be making these noises.....
I should not have to deal with this, nor do I have the time

This is one of only two complaints I have about the 63
Other being "fuel range" becoming pump icon - stupid.....