Old 09-26-2009, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Any left for 55s?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
mine came in on thursday . No if i could only get my wheels !!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, S550
Mine came in on Thursday. Even though I have the flu I found the time to install it and it fits well. There is no way this thing will come off.

I haven't taken pictures yet, especially since my wife is around. She doesn't know I got the diffuser (she didn't know about my rims either until she saw them a few days after they were installed) so give me a few days

Great job with the craftsmanship Neil
Old 09-28-2009, 05:35 PM

2007 E63
I just got mine(#6/12)
It looks great.
I will install it later and will post some pictures.
Great product!
Thank you both Neil and MB forever.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Ckim1021
I just got mine(#6/12)
It looks great.
I will install it later and will post some pictures.
Great product!
Thank you both Neil and MB forever.
My second diffuser was sold to Ckim1021 earlier this year.... thanks Chang and lets get some pictures up
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM

08 SL55, 07 E63, 07 S550
Sorry guys no pics yet. I haven't been able to get it to a bodyshop. Been super busy with work, but hopefully I can try for next weekend.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:26 AM

R350
dumbass

Umm, so i've decided to keep my car. If there's enough interest for another run sign me up

Twinreds: Enjoy
Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 PM

2007 E63
Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails ********** EuroTeck's OFFICIAL E63 Carbon Fiber Diffuser Project **********-img_1220.jpg   ********** EuroTeck's OFFICIAL E63 Carbon Fiber Diffuser Project **********-img_1225.jpg   ********** EuroTeck's OFFICIAL E63 Carbon Fiber Diffuser Project **********-img_1219.jpg  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Hell of a time installing

My diffuser has quite a bow to it and I am having problems getting it to mount flush. The drill holes grew as I tried to flatten it out against the bumper. It seems the epoxy on the bolts is in the way to allow it to mount flush. I am really tempted to get flange head bolts and replace these.

Anyone who has done their install have any advice?

I know Neal will jump in here, and as a vendor with some brains he will just PM me, but he has installed one and there are 12 of us.

See my problem
Attached Thumbnails ********** EuroTeck's OFFICIAL E63 Carbon Fiber Diffuser Project **********-1.jpg   ********** EuroTeck's OFFICIAL E63 Carbon Fiber Diffuser Project **********-2.jpg  

Last edited by Jon2007E63P30; 08-29-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
My diffuser has quite a bow to it and I am having problems getting it to mount flush. The drill holes grew as I tried to flatten it out against the bumper. It seems the epoxy on the bolts is in the way to allow it to mount flush. I am really tempted to get flange head bolts and replace these.

I know Neal will jump in here, and as a vendor with some brains he will just PM me, but he has installed one and there are 12 of us.

See my problem
I'd use a file and cut down some of the epoxy. TO be honest with you, I snapped one of the screws off and only got it on one side. My ****'s coming off b/c my tape wasn't applied on right, but whatever. The gap is negligible and it's not the end of the world oh and I'm referring to the E55 diffuser.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

See my problem
Actually, it seems some are having this issue, and I am glad you did not unpeel the tape yet to figure out it wont lay flush, your one of the few who thankfully were smart to not continue as is to install it. That is resin holding the screws on, and the screws have a VERY flay head, (DO NOT CHANGE THEM OR TAKE THE SCREWS OFF!) we actually put a lot of resin on there to make sure the screws dont fall off like others have in the past, and now instead it wont lay flat. However, this is a VERY easy fix, sand the resin down till it is flat and totally not in the way, you do not need really any showing, because it is still on the backside of the head to hold it on. So definitly sand all that resin away, because it is clearly getting in the way to make it lay flat. Once you get the resin out of the way, it will be nice and flat and you can insall it with no bump there.

Btw, I actually, never installed any! remember, Jeff was the one who fit the first one and we made them from his OK.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

I know Neal will jump in here, and as a vendor with some brains he will just PM me,
Wait a sec, lol is this an insult? because I cannot tell.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Wait a sec, lol is this an insult? because I cannot tell.
No insult intended. Actually totally the opposite. I have seen so many vendors trashed by dealing with issues in the open forum. Anyway, you had a good forthright answer. Good for you.

I understand your instructions. So I hope to have this done before I drive to the ALMS race this weekend at Laguna Seca.

Also, this diffuser will be shown off at the AMG Stage II at Laguna Seca in a month.

Mo!!! this might be your issue on the left!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
No insult intended. Actually totally the opposite. I have seen so many vendors trashed by dealing with issues in the open forum. Anyway, you had a good forthright answer. Good for you.

I understand your instructions. So I hope to have this done before I drive to the ALMS race this weekend at Laguna Seca.

Also, this diffuser will be shown off at the AMG Stage II at Laguna Seca in a month.

Mo!!! this might be your issue on the left!
Unfortunately that is not my issue on the left hand side

Here are some pictures.....

Here is a picture of the right side, which seem to fit much better....

Any suggestions
Old 10-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

Any suggestions
Yes, and I PMed you the answer. Find a new installer to install it right, or shave down the resin which IS DEFINITELY causing that not to lay in the space correct.. Its amazing how more human error goes on more then a bad part.

Mo, I would just take it off and put it on your self, this part is very easy to do, and there is NO need to have a installer/shop do it, its not like they ever did this before anyway. You can do this yourself in a matter of minutes, its easy.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exclamation Install advice

I post this to give advice, not to give Eurotech a hard time. Except for maybe where Neal says above that it is "easy".... Bull. I'm not worried about Eurotech wokring to help me resolve this.

So my install looks worse than Mo's on the left side, here is why.

The fitment is super, Super, SUPER tight. I could tell this before I took the tape off. To actually hold it in place as it would be before removing the tape backing I had to brace my legs in the center and try to literally stretch it to fit over the ends. You can not start with a tight fit on the right side and press going to the left, you end up an eight of an inch too short. Like what happened to me.

You have to align it perfectly in the middle, using the bottom flange that tucks under the car. If I had done that I probably would have succeeded.

As it is it looks like crap. I am going to have to start over again. I even manage to cause a stress crack on the upper edge of the left hand exhuast opening. I can probably pretty this up with a little clear coat. Maybe I will ship it back to Neal to pretty it up and reapply tape.

Getting this thing off is going to be a f'in pain in the a$$.

It's late and dark, I don't have pictures, and I'm drinkin.

I will probably hand this over to some one else. Maybe SonicMS. Not sure yet because I think I might be able to pull it off knowning what I know now.

This and the wheels I bought being trashed in Fedex, 10-12hr days, I am a wreck.

Speaking of wreck, maybe someone will rear end me lightly and have to pay for the re-work!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I post this to give advice, not to give Eurotech a hard time. Except for maybe where Neal says above that it is "easy".... Bull. I'm not worried about Eurotech wokring to help me resolve this.

So my install looks worse than Mo's on the left side, here is why.

The fitment is super, Super, SUPER tight. I could tell this before I took the tape off. To actually hold it in place as it would be before removing the tape backing I had to brace my legs in the center and try to literally stretch it to fit over the ends. You can not start with a tight fit on the right side and press going to the left, you end up an eight of an inch too short. Like what happened to me.

You have to align it perfectly in the middle, using the bottom flange that tucks under the car. If I had done that I probably would have succeeded.

As it is it looks like crap. I am going to have to start over again. I even manage to cause a stress crack on the upper edge of the left hand exhuast opening. I can probably pretty this up with a little clear coat. Maybe I will ship it back to Neal to pretty it up and reapply tape.

Getting this thing off is going to be a f'in pain in the a$$.

It's late and dark, I don't have pictures, and I'm drinkin.

I will probably hand this over to some one else. Maybe SonicMS. Not sure yet because I think I might be able to pull it off knowning what I know now.

This and the wheels I bought being trashed in Fedex, 10-12hr days, I am a wreck.

Speaking of wreck, maybe someone will rear end me lightly and have to pay for the re-work!
Did you sand the resin down all the way? and did you make sure that the 3M tape is not in the way of anything?
Old 10-11-2009, 05:38 PM

2007 S600
the edges of mine were cracked during shipping...
Neal i will PM you about this as soon as i get the pictures of the cracks in from the body shop. they took the pictures and havent had time to send them to me yet..
Old 10-11-2009, 06:05 PM

E 63 // Porsche 930 // Porsche 993
Unhappy

Originally Posted by tchu-
Neal i will PM you about this as soon as i get the pictures of the cracks in from the body shop. they took the pictures and havent had time to send them to me yet..

Mine was cracked too.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM

E63
me too

mine was not cracked but it doesn't mount flush....
Old 10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by tchu-
You better not waste time on that! if a claim needs to be setup with UPS, it cannot be so long after the package was received.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by kylek13
mine was not cracked but it doesn't mount flush....
Did you sand the resin on the back of the screws down? If anyone is having fitment issues, take the diffuser off, and send it back to us (at our expense). We will take the screws off, relocate them and put it on with no resin to be in the way so it will mount flush. This will fix everyones problem who is having a fitment issue.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Did you sand the resin on the back of the screws down? If anyone is having fitment issues, take the diffuser off, and send it back to us (at our expense). We will take the screws off, relocate them and put it on with no resin to be in the way so it will mount flush. This will fix everyones problem who is having a fitment issue.
Stand up guy
Old 10-12-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
Stand up guy
Neal is the best.... I've bought multiple CF parts for my C32 and E500 in the past (even before joining the forum) and he has always been first class all the way
Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 PM

2007 S600
You better not waste time on that! if a claim needs to be setup with UPS, it cannot be so long after the package was received.
neal do you need the pictures? i will call the shop agian tomorrow to make them hurry up and send it to me

you have to set up the claim with ups right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ********** EuroTeck's OFFICIAL E63 Carbon Fiber Diffuser Project **********