Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help, seriously

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 ML350
I know the OP's adrenalin is probably running high and is eager to resolve the issue, get the car back and then launch suits again all parties.

But before you jump with both feet in, carefully evaluate your situations and consequences.

Firstly, if the payments were in serious arrears already, are you really going to be able to meet your commitment of paying back forum member(s) at a rate of $1,000 a month and, assuming you want to keep the car, also continue to make regular payments to MB Financial?

Secondly, you may want to review your contract with MB Financial - especially since they'd sent you a letter by FedEx with a record of your receipt and conversation with MB Financial CSR. Your wiggle room may be very limited.

These are just two points that popped into my head after reading the posts so by no means are legal opinions or comprehensive in any way.

This is a tough time for many in our economy - I'm in the apparel and real estate businesses which are probably two of the WORST right now, but it's the economy stupid and we're all just trying to ride this one out.

Good luck to you in whatever route you choose to work through these poor circumstances.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
He doesn't have it, remember? They turned down his offer.
He had $6800 in cash....

There's more to this story
Old 03-06-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by velvet fog
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it either. If you fell three payments behind to MB Financial who can ruin your credit, why should I think you would pay back any money a member loaned you when their only recourse is to get a lawyer?

I'm not trying to break you down, it's tough having to deal with those kind of circumstances, but where is your credibility to anyone who would loan you money after you fell behind with MB? If you had 6800 in the car, why didn't you just get current on your payments?

The cash was in the car 15 minutes. I was on the way to Western Union to send the money to MBfinancial, I ran inside to check on my kid , she was crying and needed a diaper change , I obliged. When finished I went out the back door and the car was gone , I asked my wife if she moved it.

The bank has a detailed record of when the cash came out and the repo company knows exactly when the car was "hooked" . Funny the money never made it back into my account. This was an illegal repossesion as the vehicle was surely damaged during the process(breach of peace). This is the primary reason I want the car back, the money may still be in it and I need to establish damage
Old 03-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by ChristianR
Not trying to be a *****, but it looks like you could not afford the car in the 1st place, write it off as a learning experience and move on.

Christian
Originally Posted by velvet fog
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it either. If you fell three payments behind to MB Financial who can ruin your credit, why should I think you would pay back any money a member loaned you when their only recourse is to get a lawyer?

I'm not trying to break you down, it's tough having to deal with those kind of circumstances, but where is your credibility to anyone who would loan you money after you fell behind with MB? If you had 6800 in the car, why didn't you just get current on your payments?
Keep it moving-- neither of you two had any sort of point the rest of us couldn't of gone without; nor one we hadn't acknowledged. Fact is, ***** happens. One day your making money, the next your not. It just happens, I find it rude you two had the audacity to come here and criticize Juiceee63 during this obviously difficult time. I'm sure both of you two would be singing a different tune if you hit a financial speed-bump and suddenly had to give up certain things that at one point were attainable.

Very seriously, with all due respect,
GTFO.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by rkao
I know the OP's adrenalin is probably running high and is eager to resolve the issue, get the car back and then launch suits again all parties.

But before you jump with both feet in, carefully evaluate your situations and consequences.

Firstly, if the payments were in serious arrears already, are you really going to be able to meet your commitment of paying back forum member(s) at a rate of $1,000 a month and, assuming you want to keep the car, also continue to make regular payments to MB Financial?

Secondly, you may want to review your contract with MB Financial - especially since they'd sent you a letter by FedEx with a record of your receipt and conversation with MB Financial CSR. Your wiggle room may be very limited.

These are just two points that popped into my head after reading the posts so by no means are legal opinions or comprehensive in any way.

This is a tough time for many in our economy - I'm in the apparel and real estate businesses which are probably two of the WORST right now, but it's the economy stupid and we're all just trying to ride this one out.

Good luck to you in whatever route you choose to work through these poor circumstances.

The letter from mbfinancial actually helps my position because it stated in plain english they would DEFER past due PAYMENTS The key here is the word payment has an S on the end. What does the S mean? According to collections it meant one payment after I paid three .

I appreciate the well wishes and hope things turn around for you soon
Old 03-06-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Juicee63, Refresh me, I though your car was a lease, and your return date was sometime last year. Did you extend the lease? I would say if you have no equity in it, let them have it back, and get to work on finding your next car. Yes the theft of your gun, cash, I-Pod, tooth ect sucks huge but don't let a car compromise anything else (home, health). I wish you the best and I commend you for seeking advise and help here.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Keep it moving-- neither of you two had any sort of point the rest of us couldn't of gone without; nor one we hadn't acknowledged. Fact is, ***** happens. One day your making money, the next your not. It just happens, I find it rude you two had the audacity to come here and criticize Juiceee63 during this obviously difficult time. I'm sure both of you two would be singing a different tune if you hit a financial speed-bump and suddenly had to give up certain things that at one point were attainable.

Very seriously, with all due respect,
GTFO.
+10000000

The man came asking for help. I don't see the need to kick him while he is down. From what I have seen juicee63 has contributed to this forum in a positive way. Let's hope he gets everything straightened out. BTW I agree with Luke.. Get a lawyer asap.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by juicee63
The cash was in the car 15 minutes. I was on the way to Western Union to send the money to MBfinancial, I ran inside to check on my kid , she was crying and needed a diaper change , I obliged. When finished I went out the back door and the car was gone , I asked my wife if she moved it.

The bank has a detailed record of when the cash came out and the repo company knows exactly when the car was "hooked" . Funny the money never made it back into my account. This was an illegal repossesion as the vehicle was surely damaged during the process(breach of peace). This is the primary reason I want the car back, the money may still be in it and I need to establish damage
You were planning to western union mbfinancial the money? I dont even think using western union to send money to any financial company is an option , unless the guy at the end of the phone line is trying to scam you. Last time i sent $6,000 using western union and it costed me $600 to send $6,000. You should haved wired the money.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Josh, sorry to hear about ur ordeal. Hope things get worked out and u get all ur belongings back. Keep ur head up. John.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Juicee63, Refresh me, I though your car was a lease, and your return date was sometime last year. Did you extend the lease? I would say if you have no equity in it, let them have it back, and get to work on finding your next car. Yes the theft of your gun, cash, I-Pod, tooth ect sucks huge but don't let a car compromise anything else (home, health). I wish you the best and I commend you for seeking advise and help here.

There is definately zero equity.. But my lease was 39 months there is 11 months left. If I do nothing they will get me for the past due amts plus the remaining lease plus the difference for what it attains at auction and the unpaid cap cost

The residual LOL is 75k the early termination is 94k if it get 65k at auction thats 10k Im simply donating to them as part of a deficiency judgement.

If I get it back and walk away at the end at least for my 20k in payments I get to drive the car
Old 03-07-2009, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Juicee, I'd toss you the cash, but I really can't make out the details of what exactly is going on here. Maybe it's late and Im tired.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
He said he was coming from the bank, and pretty sure he has the right to carry whatever he wants in the car. I can't believe they pulled this, really sux man, really a dick move to repo right in the middle of negotiations. And you can be sure they found all the stuff, it was in there, those repo guys will find it. I hope this works out, unfortunately I can't loan any money right now, but if I could I'd give you the whole amount.

Thanks Bro,

Yeah he flat told me he found everything.

My Trombone was returned, Babyseat, DVD player, Baby toys, an airpump and my 11 second timeslip ,

Thanks for the support, hopefully we can get the car back and I can move forward.

Anybody concerned they may be subject to repossesion please PM me I have alot more info I can disclose.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 AM

Porsche 06' CTT, Porsche 01' 996TT & MB 04' E55-AMG
He doesn't have it, remember? They turned down his offer.
I realize that, I also realize that no one (MB) would turn down money even if it was short, something is better than nothing.

You guys are to easy, later

Christian
Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
Juicee, I'd toss you the cash, but I really can't make out the details of what exactly is going on here. Maybe it's late and Im tired.

I'd be willing to split with Mister Brenton if things get clarified. PM for cell #.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Sorry to hear man.

You are an asset to the forum and its sad to see this happen...

Hope you can get it worked out!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Chit, I see, Better to have a tree fall on it. I don't know what to tell you in this case. (that would be legal)
Catch 22
Old 03-07-2009, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by JohnnyE63
You were planning to western union mbfinancial the money? I dont even think using western union to send money to any financial company is an option , unless the guy at the end of the phone line is trying to scam you. Last time i sent $6,000 using western union and it costed me $600 to send $6,000. You should haved wired the money.

Your right. But they wanted western Union in California after 1pm you cannot wire. MB financial told me to Western Union so that was the plan. My story is detailed and recorded , They sent me on a course of action, go get cash , get it to us, I did what they said, during the process the car was taken via tow truck
Old 03-07-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I realize that, I also realize that no one (MB) would turn down money even if it was short, something is better than nothing.

Christian
Thats completely false.. Once again the phone calls are recorded. My offer was turned down I was told to Western Union 3 payments by a certain time on a certain day, I did what I was told and still lost the car, the cash and my 357
Old 03-07-2009, 12:23 AM

1988 535i 5 speed
Wow they told you Western Union? That's pretty crappy of them, I guess I wouldn't tell someone who is obviously in dire financial straights that they need to spend hundreds more to get the money to them. And really, for the repo to have happened during the process, it must've been planned at least a few days before. Which means that they were BSing you the whole time. That's downright *****ty.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:24 AM

1988 535i 5 speed

Christian
And you sir are a newb here who does not know him, he is a very positive force on this board, never seen him every post anything negative. He's a great asset to this board. You on the other hand seem like a dick. Please stop making assumptions about people you know nothing about.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Chit, I see, Better to have a tree fall on it. I don't know what to tell you in this case. (that would be legal)
Catch 22

Yep, exactly
Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Wow they told you Western Union? That's pretty crappy of them, I guess I wouldn't tell someone who is obviously in dire financial straights that they need to spend hundreds more to get the money to them. And really, for the repo to have happened during the process, it must've been planned at least a few days before. Which means that they were BSing you the whole time. That's downright *****ty.

I will be complaining loudly , the repossesion agency is actually subject to State regulation. It definately seems I was duped , this is the main reason I chose to share this with the forum. It cannot get any shadier
Old 03-07-2009, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Juice Man!! Sorry to hear about this damn ordeal bro. You are a strong man and will continue to be a strong man. I applaud your efforts in trying to get your car back. Just know we stand beside you in this moment of sadness. I honestly had money to throw to the side and would not have thought twice to lent it to you but I went and sent a chunk to VRP.
Would have had better use in your hands. I am sure things will work out. , Remember there is always a brighter day my friend...always... Please keep us posted in your progress.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by juicee63
Your right. But they wanted western Union in California after 1pm you cannot wire. MB financial told me to Western Union so that was the plan. My story is detailed and recorded , They sent me on a course of action, go get cash , get it to us, I did what they said, during the process the car was taken via tow truck
This kinda seem's not right at all, wouldn't they wait to repo your car if you are planning to make payments the same day the car was reposessed? Why would they tell you to western union them the money and have the car repo same day?
Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
damn josh, sorry to hear about all this and i really hope it gets worked out soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.