W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Save Juicee63 thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
I think certain people take it to the extreme.

It's easy to live large when times are good. And Josh was doing that, it seems. But nobody expected the economy to hit a wall like it did, in the speed that it did.
I passed up the ability to watch TV on a 100" plasma. I make do with a measly 37" LCD. I passed on a new E55 (before the 63 came out). I shine up my ten year old E430 and hope people don't snicker. Instead I funded my 401k to the max.
What did it get me? Several hundred thousand dollars of vapor. Gone. Zippo. A slip of paper from Fidelity reminding me that a good chunk of 15 years of investing no longer exists.

So in the end, Josh has a CLS at least. I got nuthin'. What lesson do we take from this?

That said, Josh, do you have the total that you need? It is a little unclear where you stand right now with the cash.

And also, I posted some questions in the other thread about Hells' Kitchen. When you have time after this situation is worked out, please clear up the mystery.
Im short cash wise but I am waiting for checks since I have until Friday I will start to panic maybe Thursday.

Mbworld members have contributed 4k. I am hopeful I will get some big checks by Friday.(business income)

When I get this all sorted , I will be happy to discuss TV with anyone who has questions, When I blabbed about HK , I was just saying really that I live walking distance to the set, but I do not work on reality shows.This is part of my trouble, we do scripted union productions.

I am still short but have a day or two to get the mail,
Old 03-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by juicee63
When I get this all sorted , I will be happy to discuss TV with anyone who has questions, When I blabbed about HK , I was just saying really that I live walking distance to the set, but I do not work on reality shows.This is part of my trouble, we do scripted union productions.

Which hells kitchen set?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by Timeless
It is only lost if you sell the shares though. Hopefully it will come back around in a couple years.
Oh, no, no, no...paper loss ? There's no such thing.

You paid $100 per share when you bought it, so you must have believed that was what it was worth at the time...so now that it's $.02, it's not worth $.02 ?

That's called mental accounting and is the biggest hangup that prevents people from moving forward.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by regor60
Oh, no, no, no...paper loss ? There's no such thing.

You paid $100 per share when you bought it, so you must have believed that was what it was worth at the time...so now that it's $.02, it's not worth $.02 ?

That's called mental accounting and is the biggest hangup that prevents people from moving forward.
Well, in fairness, when you have systemic shocks and across-the-board market corrections, like what we're going through now, then that $0.02 figure probably really doesn't reflect the true value.

If he hasn't sold already, now is certainly not a wise time to sell...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1969 280S, 1991 300E
Hey Josh,
I've never met you or even had an e-conversation with you, but i just Paypal'd you $70 to help with the process. I hope everything works out okay and you get your car back where it belongs sooner than later.

I am a guy who drives a nicer car than i should, live in a nicer house than i should, spend money on things i like, and i'm guessing you're the same type of guy. I love my cars almost as much as i love my family.

Nothing in life is guaranteed. Live your life in a way that makes you happy and take advantage of every day you have.

Use my cash to pay for your speeding ticket that you get when leaving Riverside.

Good luck.

Reilly

p.s. Shame on everyone with negative things to say about this situation.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Busta Riles
Hey Josh,
I've never met you or even had an e-conversation with you, but i just Paypal'd you $70 to help with the process. I hope everything works out okay and you get your car back where it belongs sooner than later.

I am a guy who drives a nicer car than i should, live in a nicer house than i should, spend money on things i like, and i'm guessing you're the same type of guy. I love my cars almost as much as i love my family.

Nothing in life is guaranteed. Live your life in a way that makes you happy and take advantage of every day you have.

Use my cash to pay for your speeding ticket that you get when leaving Riverside.

Good luck.

Reilly

p.s. Shame on everyone with negative things to say about this situation.

Reilly,

My father had been building for retirement, living modestly, boom dies at 62 , never saw a nickle of retirement or social security, zip.

I have reeled it in quite a bit. I have learned so much the last 18 months, no man is an Island. when you start borrowing its important not to take the borrowed funds and go to Vegas

Thanks for your generosity,

Josh
Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Josh - glad to hear that you are in a position to get back on your feet, and amazed at people here willing to help you out. Don't agree with about 50% of the posts, both positive and negative - but that's me - just hope you take advantage of the MBWorld bailout, and put yourself in a less risky financial position.

I'm not a lawyer, but happened to be on the phone with mine today. Talk to yours, as it sounds like the repo was "legal", so the repo company has no liability on damage or missing items in your car (or at least that was his opinion) to YOU, as they repossessed it for MB Financial (eg they own the car, you don't, and have no rights to it if you break the terms of the lease - miss a payment).

Didn't understand the legalese that went behind it, but sounds like you may have a problem if they damaged it, or if your money/gun/etc are not in it when you pick it up, so make sure you have good advice as to how to handle that situation should it happen.

Again, best of luck - use it!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by UK-C200
Josh - glad to hear that you are in a position to get back on your feet, and amazed at people here willing to help you out. Don't agree with about 50% of the posts, both positive and negative - but that's me - just hope you take advantage of the MBWorld bailout, and put yourself in a less risky financial position.

I'm not a lawyer, but happened to be on the phone with mine today. Talk to yours, as it sounds like the repo was "legal", so the repo company has no liability on damage or missing items in your car (or at least that was his opinion) to YOU, as they repossessed it for MB Financial (eg they own the car, you don't, and have no rights to it if you break the terms of the lease - miss a payment).

Didn't understand the legalese that went behind it, but sounds like you may have a problem if they damaged it, or if your money/gun/etc are not in it when you pick it up, so make sure you have good advice as to how to handle that situation should it happen.

Thanks, Here is something for California resident's.

We are lucky as repossesion agencies are regulated

http://www.bsis.ca.gov/industries_regulated/repo.shtml

What if my car is damaged during or after repossession?
The Notice of Seizure, which the repossession agency is required to send you lists that damage to a vehicle during or after repossession, is the responsibility of the repossession agency. Unfortunately, the Bureau cannot actually enforce this responsibility by making the repossession agency pay you for any damage to your car. In case of damage, you should take the repossession agency to small claims or civil court, depending on the estimated cost of repair. You should also file a written complaint with the Bureau, as several complaints of damage against the same repossession agency could result in disciplinary action against that agency.

Can repossession agency employees drive my vehicle or use my personal effects after they have repossessed my car?
No. A repossession agency employee may not use any vehicle or personal effects recovered from a consumer for personal benefit. If you believe your vehicle was used during the time the agency had it, you should file a complaint with the Bureau explaining the circumstances which lead you to believe it was used.

What should I do if something is missing from my personal effects when I pick them up?
Mention it to the repossession company while you are there and ask them to check their storage area again. Note it on the release form if the items are not located. Follow up with a registered letter to the repossession agency (with a copy to the lien-holder) describing the missing items and ask them to locate them or reimburse you for them. If they don't comply with your request, send a written complaint to the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. If some of your belongings are missing you should contact your local police department and begin a small claims court or civil court action to have the repossession agency repay you for your lost possessions.

What about my personalized license plates?
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has advised us that personalized plates should be removed and stored with other personal effects. If you do not claim them within the 60 days, the repossession company should return them to the DMV.

The above apply to me, my car was towed from the rear which 100% dragged the front of the car for at least 20ft and over the curb, and pitch of the street.

I was not given notice as to where the car was taken .
I was not given notice as to where to pick up my belongings
I was not given all my items back
Some items were damaged

While the repo may in of itself been "legal" the law has not been followed.

Also my plates remain on the car and they should have been removed and returned with my other personal belongings.

The cash , gun , ipod and bluetooth puck were reported not returned to the lender and the repo agency as well as searched for by the auction security

The front bumper and spoiler as well as front driverside rim, even tires since the wheels were turned, no idea how the alarm did not sound etc. The car being dragged while the brake is applied likely is not good .
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600

Oh they're liable for the missing property alright. When you take someone's car, even for a legal purpose, then any of the owner's personal property that remains inside it becomes a bailment.

And I think you might be a bit confused, as in the US, the finance company doesn't own the vehicle. The customer actually owns the car, and the bank simply gets a lien on it. The owner still has a cause of action for negligence, regardless of whether the repo itself was legal or not. If they screw up and damage the car, or steal property from it, then the repo company may very well be responsible for the customer's losses.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:39 PM

2009 CL63
Josh,

Don't know you, but feel your pain. Paypal Loan Sent.

Good Luck,

Bob S
Old 03-10-2009, 09:45 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Josh - Sounds like you have things working in your favor now man. If those things are NOT in your car you're gonna have that repo company on their heels. Lemme know if you still need any help bro.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Which hells kitchen set?
Isn't there just one, located near Culver City? I think the La Brea/Beverly "restaurant" closed down.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:25 PM

06' BMW M3
juicee63,I'm glad things are working out for you(GL)....this has been,with the exception of a few tools,the best thread I've read since I joined MBworld.

...it's nice to see friends helping friends in time of need...great job boys...

Phin
Old 03-10-2009, 10:35 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Originally Posted by CWW
And I think you might be a bit confused, as in the US, the finance company doesn't own the vehicle. The customer actually owns the car, and the bank simply gets a lien on it. The owner still has a cause of action for negligence, regardless of whether the repo itself was legal or not. If they screw up and damage the car, or steal property from it, then the repo company may very well be responsible for the customer's losses.
I'll take your word for it - I was under the (mistaken?) impression that when you leased a car in the US it was owned by the leasing company.

Sounds like you at least have options w/regard to damages and property stolen from the car. How do you prove damage if the repo guy says "it was already damaged"?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
I'll take your word for it - I was under the (mistaken?) impression that when you leased a car in the US it was owned by the leasing company.

Sounds like you at least have options w/regard to damages and property stolen from the car. How do you prove damage if the repo guy says "it was already damaged"?
Oh wait? I misunderstood, I thought he purchased it and got a loan from Mercedes Benz Credit Corp. So I just re-read the thread, and now I see that you're right, Josh did lease it. That does change the ownership status, you're correct.

As to any damage, though, they would still be liable to him, because at the end of the lease he is liable to MBCC. So he still has a cause of action, since he's the one ultimately on the hook for it. Proving it is difficult, that's why I told him earlier to take witnesses with him, and to document everything and take hi-res photos before he picks it up.

Of course they can always try and say the damage was pre-existing, but Josh has so many photos of his car that he can probably demonstrate that it was undamaged prior to the incident. Additionally, the main issue here is really that all of his personal items in the vehicle turned up missing, including a revolver, cash, his ipod, etc., and they are unquestionably liable for those items. Josh can produce purchase receipts for them to establish the value, and then testify or bring in others to testify that he routinely carried the items in the vehicle. The cash is really a no-brainer, since he has a bank withdrawal receipt for 20 minutes before they took the car...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Josh, I don't think you answered my question on funding shortage, unless I missed it. Do you have enough or not?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

the repo agent is supposed to note any prior damages prior to taking the car.

I am not sure if CWW knows this is a lease, under a lease agreement I am simply "renting" the car from the lienholder. This market makes a strong argument for leasing in so far as at the end of your contract you walk away and the bank assumes the loss for difference in the residual and the current market value. In the case of my car residual is 75k, in a year the car may be worth 55k maybe less. So if you wanted to buy the car the bank would want 75k.

If I walked away now I would be responsible for this depreciation plus the remaining payments.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by juicee63
the repo agent is supposed to note any prior damages prior to taking the car.

I am not sure if CWW knows this is a lease, under a lease agreement I am simply "renting" the car from the lienholder. This market makes a strong argument for leasing in so far as at the end of your contract you walk away and the bank assumes the loss for difference in the residual and the current market value. In the case of my car residual is 75k, in a year the car may be worth 55k maybe less. So if you wanted to buy the car the bank would want 75k.

If I walked away now I would be responsible for this depreciation plus the remaining payments.
You're right, I didn't realize it was a lease. My bad.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Josh, I don't think you answered my question on funding shortage, unless I missed it. Do you have enough or not?

I do not have it as of this moment.

so far we have collected 4200.00
I have 2000.00 of my own money
I still need 2k more.

I have until Friday to get it all. I would love to just get it paid so I could go get the car, I can pay everyone back by the end of March.

Thanks

Josh
Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
On the top of page 5,
Mister Brenton's scenario is spot on....
We have all lost in one way or another.....
Truly feel worse for the guy that lost all his invested savings (while enjoying hardly anything-figuratively that is, & being frugal) vs.
someone (ANYONE in the U.S.) who lived lavishly and spent all disposable income, enjoying life & material possessions to the fullest, that is now broke and scrounging for money.....
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by jpohl402
On the top of page 5,
Mister Brenton's scenario is spot on....
We have all lost in one way or another.....
Truly feel worse for the guy that lost all his invested savings (while enjoying hardly anything-figuratively that is, & being frugal) vs.
someone (ANYONE in the U.S.) who lived lavishly and spent all disposable income, enjoying life & material possessions to the fullest, that is now broke and scrounging for money.....

I am by no means scrounging if you mean ME

To obtain (something) by begging or borrowing with no intention of reparation
Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
What lesson do we take from this?
Cash is king. Buy the house before the car. Live below your means etc.etc.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by Vader55
Cash is king. Buy the house before the car. Live below your means etc.etc.

Fair enough, but my point was that I did just that, and personally lost the cash equivalent of another (small) house.

In hindsight, cash under the mattress would have been king, but who does that?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Juice,
as I stated (ANYONE is the usa)
Generalized statement......
Nothing even to do w this thread or your situation
Merely the thought.....

I didn't even know scrounging meant no intent of repayment !!
I used the term relating to "looking"/searching for (or selling things they owned, getting loans, etc)
Interesting......
Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by jrcart
hmmm, $340k, so you make nearly 3 times less a year than I do
Damn you're rich! I'm gonna send you my bail out proposal I think I need $600K to pay off my home and I'll just declare bankruptcy on the rest of the stuff. Deal? I'll wax your car.

Last edited by The Godfather; 03-10-2009 at 11:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Save Juicee63 thread