W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW!!! Juciee, no other board let alone family members would do that...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
junk
WOW!!! Juciee, no other board let alone family members would do that...

well my brother has been great in my hell. 2 years of steady biz decline and 3 months ago saw the writing on the wall. drive it to the nearest bb&t, signed some papers and walked away. couldnt stand the thought of it being ripped and treated like crap. anyone else in the dc area driving a nice 63 lemme know. could only imagine what my cred looks like but f it. got a fam and kids and my house. actually when i look back on it kind of kick myself at just how much cash i blew on modding and cars etc. kind of humbling and educational at the same time. saw an 04 e55 on cl today for 20k in flawless cond. WOW...
Old 03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
huh?

edit: I think I get it after reading it like 10 times
Old 03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A

I can't really tell what he's saying, but it doesn't sound good.

Could someone please translate?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Read between the lines....it's easy to decipher.

WHERE IS MY DAMN STIMULUS CHECK?

Clear now? Oh and no, it's not a "feel good" message.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
wow glad im not the only one that read that a few times trying to understand it. sounds like multiple situations and thoughts in the same paragraph?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by alumar
wow glad im not the only one that read that a few times trying to understand it. sounds like multiple situations and thoughts in the same paragraph?

I think it is like this:

The poster is amazed, people here are helping, he has turned in his car because he knew he was going to lose it. He chose this over seeing the car taken using the "hook" repossesion agency.

He has been through rough times and learned alot
Old 03-10-2009, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all I know is im sure happy I purchased gap insurance for a few hundred dollars on my e55.

does anyone else have gap insurance with their auto loan?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:45 PM

in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by alphanumeric
all I know is im sure happy I purchased gap insurance for a few hundred dollars on my e55.

Yup. Definitely have that. Best 695 I spent.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
I have gap insurance as well but at this point in my life (laid-off) I almost pray my car gets totally wrecked. What I owe on it should be a good amount less than it's value, and sadly I could really use the money.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by psk145
huh?

edit: I think I get it after reading it like 10 times
same here.. It made my head hurt. Thanks for the translation juicee.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:06 PM

junk
Originally Posted by juicee63
I think it is like this:

The poster is amazed, people here are helping, he has turned in his car because he knew he was going to lose it. He chose this over seeing the car taken using the "hook" repossesion agency.

thats it exactly. i guess i tend to type in short hand sometimes. gap insurance wasnt the problem. it was the 1,100 car payment which used to be a tiny tiny % of my monthly nut (loan) and started to interfere with more important finances. just sharing. juicee really put it out there and i was just just trying to show him there are others like him out here who have been in similar circumstances and not to feel bad or shamed. he did very well by this board and hope he squares up with everyone in due time.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
I belong to a messageboard on TheHuddle.com and the community is amazing. When Katrina hit, we got a pile of cash together and unbeknownst to the three Huddlers down in New Orleans, sent 10 Huddlers down in a van and helped them rebuild their homes in stages (not the whole house, but some framing, painting, etc). Unbelievable. I've met about 25 Huddlers at events, stayed with Huddlers traveling, met up for beers during travel, etc. They are great people. There has also been other monies contributed to various causes and charities...it really does feel like a family sometimes.

Last edited by I Like Soup; 03-10-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
I belong to a messageboard on TheHuddle.com and the community is amazing. When Katrina hit, we got a pile of cash together and unbeknownst to the three Huddlers down in New Orleans, sent 10 Huddlers down in a van and helped them rebuild their homes in stages (not the whole house, but some framing, painting, etc). Unbelievable. I've met about 25 Huddlers at events, stayed with Huddlers traveling, met up for beers during travel, etc. They are great people. There has also been other monies contributed to various causes and charities...it really does feel like a family sometimes.
Do you know Kip?

He called me yesterday , he was impacted by Katrina , I got teared up again feeling like wow here is a guy who lost so much yet he reached out to me.

I am sorry for the OP's troubles man, I prolly could not of helped much, but perhaps this will allow folks to be more honest and seek out advice and help from the community in which they participate
Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by alphanumeric

I didn't have gap insurance on my E55. It was involved in an accident and it was the Insurance turn to pay out...I was on the hook for the difference between market value and loan value which was around 10K..ouch...I had to pay every penny.

Please get gap insurance...it is the best money spent.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Do you know Kip?

He called me yesterday , he was impacted by Katrina , I got teared up again feeling like wow here is a guy who lost so much yet he reached out to me.

I am sorry for the OP's troubles man, I prolly could not of helped much, but perhaps this will allow folks to be more honest and seek out advice and help from the community in which they participate
Kip? Is that his screen name? I don't recognize his name, there were two others I could name by...er...well...real names. LOL!

I'm not quite new here and only know a few of the MBWorld guys, but I would help where I could. Yeah, this may be an innernet forum, but there are real people behind the screen.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Kip? Is that his screen name? I don't recognize his name, there were two others I could name by...er...well...real names. LOL!

I'm not quite new here and only know a few of the MBWorld guys, but I would help where I could. Yeah, this may be an innernet forum, but there are real people behind the screen.
Screen name is KIP, he is super cool

Amazing story he told me, and he is from New Orleans.

So do you need gap insurance if you lease? prolly not? I carry a 1m umbrella, 300k/300k 25k medical.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Do you know Kip?

Kip as in BuddhaKip?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Kip as in BuddhaKip?
Long Beach resident?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I think it is like this:

Yes, Juicee I got it as that as well. Fooling around earlier. I think this experience is teaching a lot of people about finance and how not to use money "that does not exist".

You get yourself in trouble, and yes I am speaking from experience. Rather than take the short way, I toughed it out and paid debt off. It took some years to get a 700+ credit score back.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 Mercedes C32 AMG Green Air Filters ASP Pulley Renntech ECU NGK Iridium Plugs BHP XPS Ceramic Br
Yep I have Gap insurance as well..wish I had purchased the extended warranty though
Old 03-20-2009, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Gap insurance is included in most if not all of the MBUSA financing and leasing plans. Its when you go to third party companies that GAP insurance is left out.