Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘11 SLS, ‘19 GT63 s Edition One
360 Challenge Stradale
Old 03-11-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by harjothundal
wow... look at how the car was split in two, and how far the pieces landed... imagine if a car had been coming in the opposite direction where the ferrari apparently seemed to have skid across... sad to see...
Originally Posted by Akademiks
What is it with these Ferraris'? Anyone else recall the Enzo that was also split in half, on PCH awhile back? Racing an SLR I think... If they aren't catching fire looking pretty at stoplights, they are torn in half hitting light poles.
I think the rescuers cut the car in half. I read in one of the stories that they had to cut his body out of the car. The way the car is split in half right at the cockpit doesn't make sense, and it looks like a pretty clean cut.

If the car split in half as a result of the impact, I would expect the Engine, transaxle and everything attached to that to break apart, since I believe the engine is a stressed member (not referring to anyone on MBWorld).
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Don't find it sad. Sad would be school shooting in Germany or murders in Alabama.

At least he hit a lamp pole rather than another car.

I agree. At least no one else died besides himself.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yes they did, it was in the second link you provided under the photo, his name was Charles Lewis Jr. founder of TapOut MMA appearal and gear.
Originally Posted by jrcart
opps, posted before I got to Bobgodd's post.
Yeah, I posted the link very early on when a lot of things were still in the air. They must've updated the link because the name of the driver of the Ferrari was not released when I posted the story. ABC7 has also updated their video, I saw a completely different video in the morning then what's on now.

So to clarify, yes, it's been confirmed it was Charles Lewis Jr. and for those asking, it's also been confirmed (if you couldn't tell), it was a 360 Modena CS.

Sad news, but frankly seeing how alcohol was '9possibly) involved, I've little remorse for this guy; especially for endangering his passenger. It's one thing to go be an idiot all by your damn self, but to endanger others in the process is not cool. Thankfully, no one else was hurt... wonder whats going to happen to Jeffrey Kirby...
Old 03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Don't find it sad. Sad would be school shooting in Germany or murders in Alabama.

You know what, Carl, or whatever your real name is...I find your comments to be highly hypocritical and judgmental. Are you telling me you have never hit triple digit speeds on the street ?? Can anyone in this thread say they have never raced on the street ? Thread after thread pops up here of "mexico runs", or kill stories on the freeway in traffic or something of the like....Hell, I was doing close to three times the legal limit on the freeway last night. Now, if the guy had been drinking then I don't feel so badly for him...But, I don't think that has been determined yet. Regardless, anytime a fellow enthusiast dies doing what they love it makes me feel like crap.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by LZH
You know what, Carl, or whatever your real name is...I find your comments to be highly hypocritical and judgmental. Are you telling me you have never hit triple digit speeds on the street ?? Can anyone in this thread say they have never raced on the street ? Thread after thread pops up here of "mexico runs", or kill stories on the freeway in traffic or something of the like....Hell, I was doing close to three times the legal limit on the freeway last night. Now, if the guy had been drinking then I don't feel so badly for him...But, I don't think that has been determined yet. Regardless, anytime a fellow enthusiast dies doing what they love it makes me feel like crap.
Others agree with me but you're entitled to your opinion. Big difference between this street and a deserted freeway. I've never hit three figures in a non-freeway situation. I'm able to keep things like this accident in perspective given the events of the last 24 hours in the rest of the world. If I let things like this make me feel like crap then I'd be a very angry man.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63

I dont feel sad, its just sad news. None of us know what really happened All I know is someone who has a family and friends lost his life before their time and thats sad news.

You never know something like this could happen to anyone.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 03-11-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Others agree with me but you're entitled to your opinion. Big difference between this street and a deserted freeway. I've never hit three figures in a non-freeway situation. I'm able to keep things like this accident in perspective given the events of the last 24 hours in the rest of the world. If I let things like this make me feel like crap then I'd be a very angry man.

The article said it happened at about 1am and I know that area well. I'm sure the streets were nearly empty....But, you seem to have a smartass answer for everything these days. The next time your hitting triple digit speeds on a deserted freeway, think about your comments here and hope you don't have a blowout....it could be you they are cutting out of the car.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by LZH
The article said it happened at about 1am and I know that area well. I'm sure the streets were nearly empty....But, you seem to have a smartass answer for everything these days. The next time your hitting triple digit speeds on a deserted freeway, think about your comments here and hope you don't have a blowout....it could be you they are cutting out of the car.
That's because I'm smart, you fat little tool. Can't believe that even after my English lesson you still can't spell "lose." (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ck-series.html).

Last edited by Carl Lassiter; 03-11-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings
Old 03-11-2009, 09:04 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Wow..................that's one Ferrari that I cannot fix.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by CyE55
I think the rescuers cut the car in half. I read in one of the stories that they had to cut his body out of the car. The way the car is split in half right at the cockpit doesn't make sense, and it looks like a pretty clean cut.

If the car split in half as a result of the impact, I would expect the Engine, transaxle and everything attached to that to break apart, since I believe the engine is a stressed member (not referring to anyone on MBWorld).
Nah, man, that thing split in half on its own. Look at the pics...the front and the rear half of the car are like 100ft away from each other. If the rescuers did it, both pieces would still be in the same spot

FWIW, Ferraris do have a real problem holding together in accidents. This is at least the 3rd or 4th one I've seen split into halves. This one, the F50 that crazy swedish guy that owned Gizmondo crashed, and then a couple on wreckedexotics.com. Every time they split in 2, it involved a tree or a light pole. They seem to have issues with impacts involving skinny objects.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 PM
LZH
Banned

That's because I'm smart, you fat little tool. Can't believe that even after my English lesson you still can spell "lose." (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ck-series.html).
Right....and as usual your true colors come shining through. Instead of a "smart" response you resort to name calling and correcting my spelling. A truly intelligent person would never boast about being smart. They let their actions and words speak for themselves. The only thing you have done here today is show us all what a tasteless punk you really are.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 PM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Anyone heard yet!!!???

See abc7.com for video. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video

The guy says its a 599 GTB but clearly he doesn't know his cars. The Ferrari's hazards are still on

Maybe he was racing someone...

Anyone know him/heard about this? Very sad to see...

well Ive driven the 360 and its a twitchy ferrari and not forgiving,

no where near as good ahandler as the F 430 or 599

so its not a surpriise, see tons of guys in the 360's crack up on the track.

car gets nutty at the limit, that does not happen with the 430 and 599 thankfully

too bad, too like somone pissing on a art masterpiece..
Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by LZH
Right....and as usual your true colors come shining through. Instead of a "smart" response you resort to name calling and correcting my spelling. A truly intelligent person would never boast about being smart. They let their actions and words speak for themselves. The only thing you have done here today is show us all what a tasteless punk you really are.
Ah, name calling, the only thing you excel at. "Chump" this, "looser" (sp) that- you've spouted off at nearly everyone on the forum.

Am I really the hypocrite, could have sworn you just called me a punk and that's some name-calling-this, name-calling-that if I'm not mistaken?

You'll want the last word so have at it and try not to let me ruin your day... you're not getting any younger and all this angst is turning your ginger parts gray.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by CyE55

No, the rescuers didn't cut the car in half-- the light pole cut the car in half.

Just goes to show he wasn't exactly following the speed limit.

Had the firemen cut the car in two, it would be right next to the front... not a block over.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Anyone heard yet!!!???

See abc7.com for video. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video

The guy says its a 599 GTB but clearly he doesn't know his cars. The Ferrari's hazards are still on

Maybe he was racing someone...

Anyone know him/heard about this? Very sad to see...

It's not just a guy. The Mask co-founder of TapouT ! This guy was great for real! I'm sad
Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 PM

2006 E55 (white); 2016 GL 550 (white)
no matter how it happened it's sad.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by storm

car gets nutty at the limit, that does not happen with the 430 and 599 thankfully

Seriously stop posting, you don't have a clue what you're posting about. Tell us again what you tested, for who and how you did the test
Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Bosmann POLAND
It's not just a guy. The Mask co-founder of TapouT ! This guy was great for real! I'm sad
Just another idiot who thought paying a premium made him a better driver-- for endangering his passenger, I feel he got what he deserved. It's one thing to race on freeways in triple digit speeds, it's another to do it on surface streets with a passenger. Give half a f**k who he was, it doesn't excuse the dumb move he made.

"UFC = Under Ferrari, Crushed"

Sad news. The sad part is a) someone's in the hospital because of him, and b) the front and rear of the Ferrari no longer share the same zip code.

Last edited by Akademiks; 03-11-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:00 PM

2009 E350 Sport
No sympathy here. Dude deserved to go for doing something stupid.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Seriously stop posting, you don't have a clue what you're posting about. Tell us again what you tested, for who and how you did the test
Originally Posted by LZH
That's because I'm smart, you fat little tool. Can't believe that even after my English lesson you still can't spell "lose." (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ck-series.html).

WOW, I didn't think my comment about "stressed member" would bring them all out !!

Play nice kids...
Old 03-11-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55AMG, SL600
Wow! Very sad indeed.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by storm

Oh that's right, I forgot, we have our resident Porsche Engineer and Test Driver here...

Yeah, I'm sure this wreck happened because the F360 is "twitchy" and not because the driver was street racing a porsche at 100+ on a neighborhood street with trees 2ft off to the side
Old 03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
LZH
Banned

Ah, name calling,
Yes, just following YOUR lead tuffguy...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari F360 CS Crash in OC - 1 Dead