Sponsored by:

battery red light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 AMG Kompressor
battery red light?

I have not driven my e55 for like 6 day. I started it today and a red light was on the display. It show's a battery and says see your dealer or some thing like that. I drove it and the car felt like it did not have a lot of power and the dash lights would go dull then fix up then after a little go dull again.

Any idea whats going on with the dull dash lights and most of all where is my powerrrrrrrrrrrrr ?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR. a Red Visit workshop battery warning is SERIOUS on these cars.

The Brakes are electrically operated other than two hall effect sensors there is NO PHYSICAL CONNECTION BETWEEN THE BRAKE PEDAL AND THE BRAKES.

It's not something to F**K around with
Old 03-19-2009, 07:03 PM
hbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 on ADV1s
E55 is right..............took maybe ten miles on mine. It shuts everything down, including the electric radiator fan. Not cool at all. For the next guy looking at this thread........save yourself the aggravation and call a wrecker.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55, 08 S63, 09 GL450
Originally Posted by hbr
E55 is right..............took maybe ten miles on mine. It shuts everything down, including the electric radiator fan. Not cool at all. For the next guy looking at this thread........save yourself the aggravation and call a wrecker.
Yup, this is serious stuff. Had same experience and was lucky to be just within 2 miles of the Dealer...Almost lost my brakes. Ended up changing the Alternator after first replacing both the trunk battery and Voltag Regulator to no avail. I would recommend starting with the VR...it is cheap (47 bucks) and not too hard to change.