OT: Check out Sirius/XM stock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
OT: Check out Sirius/XM stock

Hey Guys,

I wanted to give you guys a heads up on some stock info. I bought XM/Sirius at .33 .12 and .08 cents it is currently at .40 cents. They have been bought out and they are doing some restructuring so I feel that they are a good buy.

I am not a stock broker I just wanted to give you guys some info that may be able to make you some money. Please do your research and read up on XM/Sirius and make your decision based on what you read.

Again, I am not a broker just a guy giving some info to other MB owners, not Jag, Porsche, BMW, Ferrari etc. Just MB!!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I got lucky with Citigroup stock, I bought a *****load at 1.01 a little over a week ago and they were trading at 3.20 earlier today the last time I looked.

Not sure if lightning can strike twice for me like that again. A 220% gain in about 1 week is unheard of now days.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by jrcart
I got lucky with Citigroup stock, I bought a *****load at 1.01 a little over a week ago and they were trading at 3.20 earlier today the last time I looked.

Not sure if lightning can strike twice for me like that again. A 220% gain in about 1 week is unheard of now days.
I got into citigroup a bit higher than you did but my buddy got in at .97 cents. Citigroup is a solid bet!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Let's keep this going, I need to make some $$$.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by psuball1
I got into citigroup a bit higher than you did but my buddy got in at .97 cents. Citigroup is a solid bet!
Ya, I tried buying it at .97 or .98, but by the time I got the transaction confirmed it had risen to 1.01, and then I bought a bunch more at 1.68 early last week and bought some Southwest Airlines at the same time and it has been going up ever since, but not nearly at the rate the Citi has gone up...I wish I could say the same for all the Motorola I bought a year ago
Old 03-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Who are you guys buying thru???
Old 03-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I use TDAmeritrade since they have offices all over and I've been with them for a while. +1 on Citi. I watched and missed it due to LACK OF FUNDS!! These days I am scared of borrowing to "gamble" and have no spare cash. I went from having 80% stocks, 20% realestate to 95% realestate and 5% stocks over the past year. Dunno which hit was worse...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mathmik
I have a Merril Lynch broker for all my big stuff, but I opend up an E-trade account last year just to have fun pass time, e-trade is very easy and cheap trade fees/commisions. Just make sure you wire xfer your funds or set them up as a payee through your banks online bill pay otherwise it takes 7 business days for the funds to clear and post. I have made myself more money in the past 6 months on e-trade than my professional broker has at Merril...I know it is just luck, but makes it hard for me to justify the Merril broker and all their fees. The e-trade fees are a fraction of what Merril hits me with on all their misc BS fees.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
I use sharebuilder and e-trade.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
WTF do you mean "Check it out".....I got in with 35k shares at $0.6. I've turned $2k into $13k over 2 weeks. LOL

I also bought HAYZ and have been riding that to a 148% profit over 3 days. CNO is probably going to pop next. TXCO is an outside shot as well, but it might take off. Was down 50% the other day due to a going concern warning, they're trying to refinance. I put like $1k into that one, since it's so speculative. I also made like 60% on NYNY this week, when they announced their refi and partnership. I've made back my losses I took on WM and BAC, and am already up like 40% so far this year. Penny stocks (which includes some real big names, these days) ROCK.

Oh ya, and FWIW, I'm never selling SIRI. They're EBITDA positive now and can cover their debt service with cashflow (finally), so it's only upwards and onwards from here. Eventually they will get bought out for like $5/share by AT&T or DISH or DirecTV and we'll all be rolling in dough.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Oh yeah, to answer the other guy's question, I use Schwab. Go with a real broker, not the online-only discount stuff. You get what u pay for, mainly with customer service.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
I know this is a MB forum but I think its good to get everyone in the know. Hell, I don't think anyone on here is against making some extra cash!!

If anyone has other potential penny stocks that they know about let us in on the scoop.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:38 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Honestly...the best recommendation I have at the moment is still SIRI. That's about as sure-money as it gets at the moment, it's going up and everybody knows it.

Fair value is around $.63, just valuing it by their projected $340m 2009 EBITDA, and assuming next quarters earnings are o.k. (they will be), then it will only get better from there. They are one of only a few media companies that has managed net subscriber growth in the current environment. I figure by the end of this year, we're looking at $1.00-$2.00.

It's currently trading around $.40, so there's still plenty of room to double or triple your money on this one before the end of the year. If you are patient and have a longer time horizon, then I think eventually they will merge and we'll wind up with a nice stake in a bigger company, or with a cash buyout at a profit.

The really attractive thing about SIRI is there's 0 chance of getting sandbagged with a covenant violation, BK, or going concern warning, since they have resolved all their debt issues until 2012. So in addition to the growth potential, it's also a relatively safe play, which is rare to find both in one.

For the guys saying C and BAC, I agree, those are sure bets as well, if you are patient for 10 or 12 months. The economy will turn around eventually, and the government has already indicated they will never let either one fail. One day you'll be telling your kids how you bought BankAmerica and Citigroup for $1 and they won't effin' believe you. What we just went through the last 6 months only comes around once every 60 years. Take every advantage of it.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by CWW
Honestly...the best recommendation I have at the moment is still SIRI. That's about as sure-money as it gets at the moment, it's going up and everybody knows it.

Fair value is around $.63, just valuing it by their projected $340m 2009 EBITDA, and assuming next quarters earnings are o.k. (they will be), then it will only get better from there. They are one of only a few media companies that has managed net subscriber growth in the current environment. I figure by the end of this year, we're looking at $1.00-$2.00.

It's currently trading around $.40, so there's still plenty of room to double or triple your money on this one before the end of the year. If you are patient and have a longer time horizon, then I think eventually they will merge and we'll wind up with a nice stake in a bigger company, or with a cash buyout at a profit.

The really attractive thing about SIRI is there's 0 chance of getting sandbagged with a covenant violation, BK, or going concern warning, since they have resolved all their debt issues until 2012. So in addition to the growth potential, it's also a relatively safe play, which is rare to find both in one.

For the guys saying C and BAC, I agree, those are sure bets as well, if you are patient for 10 or 12 months. The economy will turn around eventually, and the government has already indicated they will never let either one fail. One day you'll be telling your kids how you bought BankAmerica and Citigroup for $1 and they won't effin' believe you. What we just went through the last 6 months only comes around once every 60 years. Take every advantage of it.

GREAT INFO!!

Maybe we should get a pool of money and buy a ton of shares amongst some members.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Great thread and analysis by CWW
Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM

E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Great thread and analysis by CWW

Agreed- one of the best threads I've ever read.

Conclusion: Working my 9-5 is overrated!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Made a pile on Siri playing it daily when it was bouncing 3-4$, too bad I held onto it during the plunge. Waiting for the comeback....I think the fuse is lit.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 PM

2004 E55
Damnit why wasn't this thread made when it bottomed out at $.05?? I picked up some Citi at $2.31 but I would much rather have picked up 25K shares of SIRI at a nickel I hate the coulda/shoulda/woulda with the market
Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Bisco
Damnit why wasn't this thread made when it bottomed out at $.05?? I picked up some Citi at $2.31 but I would much rather have picked up 25K shares of SIRI at a nickel I hate the coulda/shoulda/woulda with the market
Because he wants more people to buy in now to drive the price up while he dumps it.... Sorry...I had to...

Tom
Old 03-19-2009, 12:03 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Because he wants more people to buy in now to drive the price up while he dumps it.... Sorry...I had to...

Tom
Noooo...I'm in on SIRI until whatever finally happens happens. I'm no P&D guy.

FWIW, I was telling everybody I know to load up on it, well before the Liberty Media deal came along. They already had a pending tender offer from DISH, and they weren't going under...it was sooooo obviously just posturing and hype. I would have posted it here, but it was so off topic I just didn't feel comfortable doing it. When someone else started the exact same thread today that I wanted to start 3 weeks ago, I couldn't help but posting in it...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not averse to riding the P&D guys' coattails, you can do that sometimes...you just have to get in and out early enough. But SIRI is the real deal, long term. They have a 1.5bil market cap and 3.8bil shares outstanding. It's way too big and way too liquid to ever be a P&D play. They have solid fundamentals and momentum going for them, and I'm holding on till whatever happens happens.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:16 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Bloomberg Level III. Second by second ticks and immediate confirms. Expensive, but if you use a typical online broker you are always behind the market. A couple ticks on a big trade and it pays for itself. Using a broker as mentioned is good, but their markups can be a bit hefty and you have to have target prices in advance which limits your ability to capitalize on fast moving markets. Not to mention that many brokers and FA's are totally clueless and the good ones only deal with high net worth individuals.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by LZH
Bloomberg Level III. Second by second ticks and immediate confirms. Expensive, but if you use a typical online broker you are always behind the market. A couple ticks on a big trade and it pays for itself. Using a broker as mentioned is good, but their markups can be a bit hefty and you have to have target prices in advance which limits your ability to capitalize on fast moving markets. Not to mention that many brokers and FA's are totally clueless and the good ones only deal with high net worth individuals.
What do you pay for Level III? Good god that $h!t is expensive. You're in there with the MM's. No way I could pay for that and still make a profit...clearly you are playing with a lot more dough than me...
Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by CWW
What do you pay for Level III? Good god that $h!t is expensive. You're in there with the MM's.
It's a lot...I used to be a MM before I started my bond trading company. Sold that a few years ago (timing was perfect) and have never looked back !!! Being in the office on the west coast for the opening of the Muni mkts was BRUTAL.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by CWW
Noooo...I'm in on SIRI until whatever finally happens happens. I'm no P&D guy.

FWIW, I was telling everybody I know to load up on it, well before the Liberty Media deal came along. They already had a pending tender offer from DISH, and they weren't going under...it was sooooo obviously just posturing and hype. I would have posted it here, but it was so off topic I just didn't feel comfortable doing it. When someone else started the exact same thread today that I wanted to start 3 weeks ago, I couldn't help but posting in it...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not averse to riding the P&D guys' coattails, you can do that sometimes...you just have to get in and out early enough. But SIRI is the real deal, long term. They have a 1.5bil market cap and 3.8bil shares outstanding. It's way too big and way too liquid to ever be a P&D play. They have solid fundamentals and momentum going for them, and I'm holding on till whatever happens happens.
I was just teasing..

Tom
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, so I took a peek at SIRI this morning and it was dropping like a rock at .030 so I said what the hell, I'll play with this one with some small coin, I decide to buy 10,000 shares, by the time I logged in and purchased them they dropped more, I set a limit at .24 and got them. I ended up getting them at .24 and they are back on the rise...I have never been much of a day trader but this one might be interesting to watch

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OT: Check out Sirius/XM stock