Old 03-30-2009, 03:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
Thanks Indy!!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Marc, thanks for your comments and good observation. My guess is when my car trapped the 128 it was on 93 octane more like 6-7 gallons and 2 gallons of 100. The tune I have is for 100 octane, don't know if ity makes much of a difference. In combination to that I am using the stock intercooler pump which does not flow as efficient as a Cm30 or even the famous Cm90 pump. I will eliminate all these possibilities and head to the track in 2 weeks, with 100 octane and a higher flowing pump. If it doesn't trap 129-130 then we will go back to the drawing board with VRP.
I don't see why you wouldn't trap 129+. I know you are running a taller tire however. I'm not sure if that will matter for top end.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I don't see why you wouldn't trap 129+. I know you are running a taller tire however. I'm not sure if that will matter for top end.
Marko:

Jody borrowed Jay's Kosei's with 265/40R18's which are probably a little shorter than your set-up (26.34" diameter). Maybe that had an impact on the trap?

I think we calculated that Jody's car was only running about 95.5 octane even after gassing up with the 103. I am sure the computer did not have enough time to adapt to the higher octane gas. If I were Jody, I would run 100 octane for at least a week before going to the track to give the ECU adequate time to adapt to the higher octane gas.

Jody's car ran its best ET with the electric cut-outs closed. This probably helped with the low-end torque off the line but could help free up some ponies on the top-end trap if they were opened up.

I am sure his car is capable of attaining a 130mph trap after putting in the higher flowing pump and running 100 octane. However, as the weather gets warmer, Jody will have a harder time reaching a 130mph trap speed. Also, he will likely only get one shot at it before he gets kicked off of ATCO. He should try to make it down to MIR again before it gets too warm out.

Tom
Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Marko:

Jody borrowed Jay's Kosei's with 265/40R18's which are probably a little shorter than your set-up (26.34" diameter). Maybe that had an impact on the trap?

I think we calculated that Jody's car was only running about 95.5 octane even after gassing up with the 103. I am sure the computer did not have enough time to adapt to the higher octane gas. If I were Jody, I would run 100 octane for at least a week before going to the track to give the ECU adequate time to adapt to the higher octane gas.

Jody's car ran its best ET with the electric cut-outs closed. This probably helped with the low-end torque off the line but could help free up some ponies on the top-end trap if they were opened up.

I am sure his car is capable of attaining a 130mph trap after putting in the higher flowing pump and running 100 octane. However, as the weather gets warmer, Jody will have a harder time reaching a 130mph trap speed. Also, he will likely only get one shot at it before he gets kicked off of ATCO. He should try to make it down to MIR again before it gets too warm out.

Tom
I agree Tom. So when is the next track rental?....lol! Set it up!
I will drive with 100 octane for a good chance as I will only get one chance at etwon...they will kick me out like a dog...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I agree. Not sure about the tire though. you think it would make much of a difference? I will try with same tire since I like how they hook but new pump and ECu adapted to 100 octane.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
i have a brand new CM90 right here.....
Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I agree Tom. So when is the next track rental?....lol! Set it up!
I will drive with 100 octane for a good chance as I will only get one chance at etwon...they will kick me out like a dog...
I've used high octane mixes numerous times now, no need for a full week even on a stock tune not set for 100oct I found 25-30 miles to be sufficient for ECU to adapt
Old 03-30-2009, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Thericker
I've used high octane mixes numerous times now, no need for a full week even on a stock tune not set for 100oct I found 25-30 miles to be sufficient for ECU to adapt
Thanks. I'd figure smash it the night before and drive to track with 100.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
If you are only going to get one shot at making a record before getting tossed.. you should try to make all variables go in your favor (at least those that you have control over). Tuners have told me that it could take 1/2 tank of gas before it will fully adapt...some say 250 miles...who knows what the truth is? My point is...with the investment you have made and the limited time you may have to go out there and have an exceptional run....why not err on the side of being too cautious and let the ECU adapt to 100 octane. From what I understand, Marko pretty much runs around all the time with 100 octane gas (correct me if I am wrong). Why leave things up to chance?

Tom
Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by TMC M5
If you are only going to get one shot at making a record before getting tossed.. you should try to make all variables go in your favor (at least those that you have control over). Tuners have told me that it could take 1/2 tank of gas before it will fully adapt...some say 250 miles...who knows what the truth is? My point is...with the investment you have made and the limited time you may have to go out there and have an exceptional run....why not err on the side of being too cautious and let the ECU adapt to 100 octane. From what I understand, Marko pretty much runs around all the time with 100 octane gas (correct me if I am wrong). Why leave things up to chance?

Tom
Agreed Tom. I will start driving this coming weekend.