Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock TB Diameter Question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 02:07 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Stock TB Diameter Question?

Would anybody out there happen to know off-hand what the outside diameter is for the stock TB? I have received a WEALTH of help from 'Scorcher' across the pond in my dilema over fitting an 80mm VRP CF airbox to a car with a stock TB. Scorcher used one of these: http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...e.php?cat=1535 to go from the stock TB to the larger opening of the CF airbox. I just want to be sure that I order the correct size for a snug fit around the outside diameter of the factory TB. The outside diameter of the CF airbox appears to be just a tick under 4". I know I will need to trim quite a bit off the top and the bottom to make this work since the original piece is fairly long and I only need to bridge about a 1/4" gap between the TB and the box.

BTW - Is this the piece that Victor sells to solve this problem? If so, I might wait to see if he can get ahold of one for me before I try to order and manually trim one myself. Something tells me his would fit better!

Thank You

PDC

Thank You!!