Instrument Cluster - problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 e55
Instrument Cluster - problems

I need some help from the board, if possible. (I did use the search function and found a similar problem on the S board.) I have an 04 E55.

The center part of my instrument cluster will not turn off. It constantly shows the temperature and the mileage. I went out this morning after not driving it since Friday evening and it was completely dead. I charged the battery this afternoon and got the car started. Not until I began resetting the time, windows, etc., did I notice the problem.

I should also say that, after charging the battery, I have a malfunction that says "headlight cornering". I have no idea what that is and can't find anything out about it after searching the forums and looking at the book. This is a new malfunction that I have never seen before.

What am I looking at? Can I remedy this problem myself?

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Last edited by Bullet Tooth; 03-29-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: forgot about the malfunction.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 e55
I just went out to start my car again before I went to bed and the instrument cluster was off when I got there. I started it and, lo and behold, the odd "headlight cornering" malfunction was gone as well. After I shut the car off, the instrument cluster went off after just a few minutes like it always has. Weird.

Now, I have no idea: a) what caused the battery to go dead; b) what caused the instrument cluster to stay on after charging the battery; and, c) what caused the weird malfunction. I will call my SA tomorrow and see how much this is going to cost me.