MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
According to Dereks post here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/3438823-post171.html

I don't see how it could be.

Originally Posted by DerekFSU
JrCart,

Registration is now closed. All run groups are full with a waiting list. I've confirmed with the Audi Club registrar that you are not registered. Are you canceling the wager under the terms previously listed? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 CTS V Coupe 6MT
OK

Thanks B-O-R, I was kind of looking forward to this; too bad.

George
Old 03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

Did you really think it was going to happen?
Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Did you really think it was going to happen?
Kinda.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Oh, well. You just assume that people who post on the net are up front about who they are and what they do, etc.. Guess not.

Appears to be that DerekSFU is for real and JRCART is not.

Why do some people puff out their chest so much on the internet? Weak egos, no doubt.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by 220S
Oh, well. You just assume that people who post on the net are up front about who they are and what they do, etc.. Guess not.

Why do some people puff out their chest so much on the internet? Weak egos, no doubt.
Please don't start another war around here. JRCart has shown up to a lot of meets and towed his car around the country plenty of times, his absence in one race in my opinion shouldn't be reason to now call him a fake.

Personally, I like the way this turned out. Without them racing, we keep 'em both. I'd hate to lose either DerekFSU or JRCart.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by 220S

Well yes Jrcart has come to many an even but never to one where he is being put on the line. I dont doubt he has stacks of money and every amazing car known to man kind but when it came to a timed event it never happened.

Derek has been beyond agreeable as for dates, location, timing etc yet it still failed to take place.

I was really looking forward to seeing the outcome but again we all wasted our time reading threads about events that wont take place!

There could very well be a reason JR could not make it so I wont say "hes a chicken" etc but I do hope this race takes place soon.

It just ends in money to a charity either way and that never hurts anyone.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I will be there, as I explained to Derek in a couiple PM earlier last week I have already confirmed that I did not need to register myself with the audi group. I have a good friend that owns a shop that tunes Audis he has secured 4 spots for the event and one of them is mine. Looks to me like Derek is trying to bait another flame war...Derek, as I explained yesterday in yet another PM I will be there I am flying into Dallas tomorrow and driving my hauler, trailer and car back to Chicago. This was all explained to Derek in a couple PM's but it is obvious he wants to start another flame war. I also told him that the only way this event will not happen is if it rains or snows, I am not wadding up my car for a grudge match, and the weather forecast right now says rain or snow Sunday and Monday.

....see ya there Derek
Old 03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Great. I take it all back. I apologize.

No doubt my response was due to so much chest thumping and idiocy that has appeared here lately. But it's good that it seems to be calming down (of course, I had just added to it myself ) If everyone is honest and respectful, then the forum will continue as the great asset it is and always has been.

Good luck to both of you.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by jrcart
I will be there, as I explained to Derek in a couiple PM earlier last week I have already confirmed that I did not need to register myself with the audi group. I have a good friend that owns a shop that tunes Audis he has secured 4 spots for the event and one of them is mine. Looks to me like Derek is trying to bait another flame war...Derek, as I explained yesterday in yet another PM I will be there I am flying into Dallas tomorrow and driving my hauler, trailer and car back to Chicago. This was all explained to Derek in a couple PM's but it is obvious he wants to start another flame war. I also told him that the only way this event will not happen is if it rains or snows, I am not wadding up my car for a grudge match, and the weather forecast right now says rain or snow Sunday and Monday.

....see ya there Derek
Umm... I don't see Derek even posting here? Derek isn't baiting you as far as I can tell, the OP just wanted to know if he should make the 4-hour drive to spectate...
Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Akademiks
Umm... I don't see Derek even posting here? Derek isn't baiting you as far as I can tell, the OP just wanted to know if he should make the 4-hour drive to spectate...
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, look at the link posted to the off topic section...Derek is trying to egg people on to post threads just like this one. I PM Derek as recently as yester morning concerning the race.

Here you go incase you missed it BTW this was posted in post #2 on this thread

Last edited by jrcart; 03-30-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

....see ya there Derek
Great something to look forward to reading next week!

Good luck to everyone.

Be fast and safe!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Honestly, Derek was just leaving the door open for you to answer just in case anyone else looked at the same information he did. Not to mention the fact that members are not supposed to share the specific content of PM's.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, look at the link posted to the off topic section...Derek is trying to egg people on to post threads just like this one. I PM Derek as recently as yester morning concerning the race.

Here you go incase you missed it BTW this was posted in post #2 on this thread
Old 03-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Honestly, Derek was just leaving the door open for you to answer just in case anyone else looked at the same information he did. Not to mention the fact that members are not supposed to share the specific content of PM's.
It's not you can't share the information of a PM, you just can't outright post the whole conversation.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
This is between Derek and I, if I thought anyone else need the info I would have posted it in a public forum rather than a PM. He knows I am attending, he was just attempting to rock the boat.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:19 PM

'11 CTS V Coupe 6MT
My OP

Jim,
I didn't realize this was in O.T. now. I simply wanted to confirm before a 4 hr drive. If the weather is going to be a POS I will pass, but I was truly looking forward to meeting you. (Old "Sheldon K" stories etc)

Take care
George
Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

Actually, from the link you posted, JrCart replied with this post.....

Guys, Derek is trying to start another flame war, but I won't bite! Did I or did I not PM you yesteday as well as a couple time lask week concering the race? I thought I explained to you that everything was taken care of. I WILL BE THERE! My friend owns a shop that tunes Audis, he has secured 4 spots and one of them is mine. I also mentioend that the only way this will not run down is if it rains or snows, right? Remember? Unfortuantly as I mentioned to you a couple days ago they are calling for rain and snow showers off and on all week all day Sunday and Monday, but I will still be there just in case.

See ya there
Then Derek replied again here......

JrCart, sorry you feel that way. This has always been a public discussion as it's been about a public issue. Not trying to flame anything.

My car is not ready so the only way I'm flying all the way from Florida to Chicago for a few sessions in a DE is to confirm your attendance. The best way to do that is via a registration roster. Please provide me his name ASAP for confirmation so I can make said travel arrangements.

If it better suits your schedule, I have a private test day at Beaverun the following day, Monday.
EDIT: looks like I posted too late....
Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dasrok8
Jim,
I didn't realize this was in O.T. now. I simply wanted to confirm before a 4 hr drive. If the weather is going to be a POS I will pass, but I was truly looking forward to meeting you. (Old "Sheldon K" stories etc)

Take care
George
I would not plan on driving your Vette if you are coming, accuweather.com is saying Saturday cloudy 30/55, Sunday 30/42 70% chance of rain mixed with snow and Monday 32/39 with 70% chance of snow showers, Tuesday 32/45 60% snow showers. You gotta love Chicago weather
Old 03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jrcart, I've checked again with the Audi registrar and there isn't any "Audi tuner holding 4 spots." Can you please provide his name so I can triple check asap? Thanks.

In case of weather and your Texas committments, I have a private test at Beaverun on Monday, one week from today. How would that work out for you?

Last edited by DerekFSU; 03-30-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added Beaverun info
Old 03-30-2009, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jrcart, I've checked again with the Audi registrar and there isn't any "Audi tuner holding 4 spots." Can you please provide his name so I can triple check asap? Thanks.

In case of weather and your Texas committments, I have a private test at Beaverun on Monday, one week from today. How would that work out for you?
PM Sent
Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
This is between Derek and I, if I thought anyone else need the info I would have posted it in a public forum rather than a PM. He knows I am attending, he was just attempting to rock the boat.
Easy tiger... I was just playing devil's advocate.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

SL600
So is someone going to record this... someone that wont be using their cell phone?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Akademiks
So is someone going to record this... someone that wont be using their cell phone?
If it lands at Beaverun, I will be there with a HD camcorder

If it doesn't, I will still be there

See yeah
Old 04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
is it still on this sat?

is anyone up for route 66 drag racing after?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JCART vs. Derek SFU; Still On???