Arizona Speedworld tonight?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Thericker
Hooley Shi_t!!! me thinks you are making every bit of that 522 rwto w/1.567 60ft Way to go!! what was your best Trap

chiromikey 1.63 on a soft launchI can't wait to see what you can do w/new skins
+1 I can't wait to see how Mikey does with a brand new set of tires
Old 04-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+1 I can't wait to see how Mikey does with a brand new set of tires
I dont know if Mikey will ever feel what that HSTC can do. I dont know it there is a tire that can fit his car that will hook up at those rpms and grip with all his power.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Thericker
Hooley Shi_t!!! me thinks you are making every bit of that 522 rwto w/1.567 60ft Way to go!! what was your best Trap

chiromikey 1.63 on a soft launchI can't wait to see what you can do w/new skins
my best trap was 117mph. I just dont think I have the HP to get better traps with the hook up i've been getting as of late.... Im going to get mp WHP very soon and see what happens.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by chiromikey
first run out i wanted to get used to the hstc so i decided to work up to my hard launches where i punch it off idle. so soft launching by only flashing the rpms to 1600 netted a 1.63 60ft time and a sub 11.5 pass so i got kicked off until evan could work his magic. an 1.63 on a soft launch meant this converter is going to really knock off some time!!!

after getting back on the track i tried to bring rpms up again before an all out launch. the next two times i brought the rpms up to 2200. broke the tires loose both times. i'm in need of new d/r's as these are past the wear bars and have more heat cycles than they should so it just wasn't happening.

last run...around 1am! i tried stalling to about 1800rpm to find that happy middle ground where the tires would still work...and it happened again...think i broke another axle (won't know for sure until i get it on the lift later).

before you jump to conclusions...this wasn't the converters fault. i got lined up partially in the groove...one tire hooked and the other didn't. as i feathered to find traction, the tire that was spinning caught traction suddenly and that's when i heard the "pop". lol, i still limped down the track to a 11.56. i think good d/r's would have prevented this problem by giving me the initial traction i needed.

it was so late that i didn't want to get everyone there all worked up trying to help me and i was too pissed to call a flatbed so i limped her home...funny noises and all.

i'll post with the diagnosis later.
Damn sorry to hear Mikey. If the axle was broken then your car would not be able to move. It may have mangled the splines that go into the diff or something but it sounds like something else. Hope you can get it figured out ASAP and get some nice launches. I knew with these hstc's going into these cars and hard launches stuff is going to start to give. How much tire pressure did you have in your tires? What tires do you plan on next? I have to run out the house to work on a car but I'll pm you with some ideas Btw, 2200 is higher than I have ever launched on the track! I was scared to go over 2000 lol
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I dont know if Mikey will ever feel what that HSTC can do. I dont know it there is a tire that can fit his car that will hook up at those rpms and grip with all his power.
There are cars putting down WAYYYY more power than any benz and can hook on a 10.5" tire. Mikey won't have a problem with getting the tire to hook. The weak points on the driveline will start to show.
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
my best trap was 117mph. I just dont think I have the HP to get better traps with the hook up i've been getting as of late.... Im going to get mp WHP very soon and see what happens.
I agree, unless you make more power or get a better DA your times aren't gonna get much better than what you already ran.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Damn sorry to hear Mikey. If the axle was broken then your car would not be able to move. It may have mangled the splines that go into the diff or something but it sounds like something else. Hope you can get it figured out ASAP and get some nice launches. I knew with these hstc's going into these cars and hard launches stuff is going to start to give. How much tire pressure did you have in your tires? What tires do you plan on next? I have to run out the house to work on a car but I'll pm you with some ideas Btw, 2200 is higher than I have ever launched on the track! I was scared to go over 2000 lol...
yep, i'm pretty sure i did exactly what happened last time...twisted the axle splines in the diff. i'd much rather just snap the damn axle!!! won't know for sure until we get it apart.

i run around 25lbs, fluctuating up or down a bit depending on conditions. there's no doubt the m/t's are awesome but i may try the hoosiers next.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
anyone going to speedworld tomorrow night? I'll be there for sure im going with some friends.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:44 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
yes I'll be there. There is a www.azsra.com race tomorrow night. I'm hoping to make a little money.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
thats pretty neat didnt even notice that was going on. now i wish i had some smaller rims with DR's instead of my 20's
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
anyone have a set of wheels and DR in the phx area for sale? doesnt matter what wheel a 17" or 18" used or new. pm by tomorrow night thanks
Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Hope to see you out there. What color is your car?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
its a white E55 I'll pry be running like high 12's since my HE wasnt ready and I dont have any drag wheels and tires i will be running 20's but they have some pretty sticky Invos on them so we'll see...... trying to get a friend to bring his SRT4 Caliber and and my brother in-law is trying to borrow my brother's SRT jeep so it should be fun
Old 04-26-2009, 02:16 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Glad you made it out. Very nice looking car you have. Sure was a long wait if you got there after 9pm. From 7pm to 9am it was pretty open. Then it was a long night. I ended up winning my class but didn't get home till just before 2am. Had to take out all them motorcycles. Nice meeting you will see you next time out.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
ya nice meeting you next time I should have some Dr's on my car. It was a crazy long wait. got there at 8 and left at 11:30 and only got two runs. pretty cool seeing your car first time I have ever seen a SRT6 before.