Lease return......parting it out...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by kipper215
....then you can look for one that has all the options you want that you didn't have in the last car.

That is part of the point. I did that when I went from the '05 to this '06. I got it exactly how I wanted it. EXACTLY. And now, i have a bunch of mods on it that I like. The power mods I can replace, but the sills, mirrors, etc. I really like.

Where is my sugga momma when I need her most??? HAHA!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
sorry to hear the news jangy. Im going to be doing the same thing in a few months as well.

Gonna drive something cheap for a while
Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by jangy
Guys, I feel bad enough as is. Don't get into a pissing match when you are each making different and valid points.

The truth is that you are both pretty spot on. As Marcus mentioned, I have put this limit on myelf. My budget isn't $10k, but rather $30k. I was just thinking about the Jeep because then i would have money left to look for a "toy" and I always want a second car (that is a truck). Either way, I will likely get a Jeep, too.

Marcus is basically telling me to rethink my strategy. Basically that the difference that i am seeing as big may not be that big at all. Again, we are talking about $200 a month difference when I have been paying $1200 all along. MB contacted my house again today, so maybe as the time draws nearer, they will play. Who knows. In all honesty, my heart is in this car. i still have so much that I wanted to do (and learn). Intake, larger TB, more efficient IC, etc. I've made good contacts and friends and really enjoyed this "world" until a few months ago (when MHP came along). Since then, I've kind of started to get over it, but that actually led me to a new set of friends and mods, so the world still spins.

I guess i am just seeing everything around me and getting scared. What i didn't really consider before was that I can still sell it even if I do buy it out (granted at a loss). But, if things were to go sour and I really needed money, then I could still sell it to get out from under the $800/month payment.

Anyhow, I think I may have started a little whirl wind too soon with the parting thread. I was just so sure that there was no way for it to happen. i still don't, but I think I have a little more fight in me. All dibs stay, but I want to let the drama rest for a few weeks until I am positive.

Marcus, thanks for looking out and giving your view. Thanks also to everyone else for the well wishes.
while I see that the difference is not big, keep in mind, that if you need to unload a modded (or even stock) E55, you will get hosed. So if you run into financial trouble and need to sell in a hurry, you will see nothing for the mods while pigeon holeing yourself into a smaller set of buyers (with the heavy mods).

So all I can say is be careful.

That said, I would think that you could get a very nice 210 E55 for 15-20k.

Same type of experience, with a lower price of entry.

Financial modesty in this environment is a great idea. It will give you the ability to buy an even better car when things get better.

There will always be another e55 around
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
My claim on the HRE's and tail lights are VOID, I'm not going to have a car to put them on
Old 04-28-2009, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Oliverk
while I see that the difference is not big, keep in mind, that if you need to unload a modded (or even stock) E55, you will get hosed. So if you run into financial trouble and need to sell in a hurry, you will see nothing for the mods while pigeon holeing yourself into a smaller set of buyers (with the heavy mods).

So all I can say is be careful.

That said, I would think that you could get a very nice 210 E55 for 15-20k.

Same type of experience, with a lower price of entry.

Financial modesty in this environment is a great idea. It will give you the ability to buy an even better car when things get better.

There will always be another e55 around
Even if the 210 was previously moded w/supercharger & could be had for a steal, coming from the totally redesigned tons faster in stock form w211 & downgrading to 210 would send any of us to slit wrists, I'd rather rock a jeep or better yet & cheaper Ricerocket...
Old 04-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Thericker
Even if the 210 was previously moded w/supercharger & could be had for a steal, coming from the totally redesigned tons faster in stock form w211 & downgrading to 210 would send any of us to slit wrists, I'd rather rock a jeep or better yet & cheaper Ricerocket...

+1. after 500hp to the wheels it is a long drop down...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
RennTech ELM, V1 with jangy extended knobs and harness - $750

It works just fine w/ 63, right? (I am pretty sure.) What version ELM?
Lets see knows and harness...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by intellilogic
RennTech ELM, V1 with jangy extended knobs and harness - $750

It works just fine w/ 63, right? (I am pretty sure.) What version ELM?
Lets see knows and harness...

V1 works with the E63..
Old 04-28-2009, 12:00 PM

2004 E55 AMG
That is part of the point. I did that when I went from the '05 to this '06. I got it exactly how I wanted it. EXACTLY. And now, i have a bunch of mods on it that I like. The power mods I can replace, but the sills, mirrors, etc. I really like.

Where is my sugga momma when I need her most??? HAHA!!
Tell me about it playa! Just remember to not make a decision unless you are confident in your choice or you absolutely have to. In saying that I hope things work out for the best. to give up horse power is not an easy task.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
My claim on the HRE's and tail lights are VOID, I'm not going to have a car to put them on
WTF??? You are selling the beast? What are you buying to replace it?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by jrcart
WTF??? You are selling the beast? What are you buying to replace it?
Cl65
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
Talking

V1 works with the E63..
...OHHH.... DOH! I thought it was an ELM and Valentine One package deal, I was like... I NEED THAT! (ie, why I asked what version the ELM was, haha) I swear, it was the capped V that threw me off, if you said v1, I would have been on the same page.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 PM

E320 Sport
Here are the AMG style IV wheels....let me know what other pics you want...

Dibs on full set of wheels, but I don't have OEM's. What MB wheels do you need?

PM sent
Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 PM

997.2 GT3
Sent PM on secondary HE and pump.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Jangy I agree with Marcus!!!

MBUSA is in trouble, the cars are dropping like rocks. Offer 35k, finance and you have your car till 100k miles and several more fun filled years. Even if they do not come down you can simply keep the car and market it for 37k fully loaded driving it until it sells locally.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Your post makes no sense.

THIS VEHICLE IS A LEASE RETURN. MB will ask Jangy to PAY $40k to buy out the lease, so the vehicle will be HIS.

Right now, if he gives the vehicle back, he walks away with zero dollars and no car.

If he buys it out, he has just paid $40k for the car, and is out $40k.

If he buys it for $40k from MB, and sells it for $37k, he just lost 3k, and lets not forget that mods don't really add value. He's mentioned several times that he doesn't want to pay $40k for the car because of his business uncertainty.

So his choices are pay $40k and have a benz, or pay nothing, and get nothing.

His current strategy of parting out the car will earn him about $5k in cash, and he walks away with no car and no payments to make.
Oliver how does stating your matter of fact opinion on Jangy's possible lease return paint Marcus Frost's option as "not making sense"?

I believe Marcus made a clear and concise argument for keeping the car.

Marcus did not even allude to the addictive nature of driving this B E A S T

KEEP THE CAR JANGY, unless it would be financial suicide.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by juicee63
Oliver how does stating your matter of fact opinion on Jangy's possible lease return paint Marcus Frost's option as "not making sense"?

I believe Marcus made a clear and concise argument for keeping the car.

Marcus did not even allude to the addictive nature of driving this B E A S T

KEEP THE CAR JANGY, unless it would be financial suicide.
since jangy doesn't own the car, and has already paid for the mods, and therefore, paying $40k for the car is out of his budget. So whether the car is worth $30, $37 or $40, the value of mods is irrelevant unless he parts the car out.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by juicee63
Offer 35k
HAHA!! I came up a hair and they dropped a bit. We are close to your $35k and definitely at the self imposed grey zone.

I'm not patient enough to sell it on my own, so I'd likely get $30 at best on my own. Include the parts and I'd basically break even , so I am leaning at keeping it. I've been driving it lately and just have a hard time walking from 500hp.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Guys, no need to bicker. I appreciate the input from everyone. Each person has a perspective and they both explained themselves well. Let's leave it there.

It all comes down to personal preference. I could "afford" the car new, so I can afford it now. That isn't the issue. I had a battle with myself over the kharma of keeping it while I am at a real turning point in my own business. As odd as it sounds, the past year has really blown my industry up. Life is just ironic. I am a republic and vote that way, yet the liberal power has really boosted investment in Biotech, especially stem cell research which is centered in SD. Even the recent swine flu hype pretty much filled my plate for the coming year. It's sad but someone elses loss is always another's gain...
Old 05-01-2009, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
HAHA!! I came up a hair and they dropped a bit. We are close to your $35k and definitely at the self imposed grey zone.

I'm not patient enough to sell it on my own, so I'd likely get $30 at best on my own. Include the parts and I'd basically break even , so I am leaning at keeping it. I've been driving it lately and just have a hard time walking from 500hp.
After all the planning/mods/Dyno's/etc to get it to where it is today & just roll-over & give it away would kill me! Keep it make it happen bro! think of the fun mods around the corner too
Old 05-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
After all the planning/mods/Dyno's/etc to get it to where it is today & just roll-over & give it away would kill me! Keep it make it happen bro! think of the fun mods around the corner too
Agreed on the fun. I don't mind walking from the current mods. It is the car i love, although i would turn around and mod it again. I'm more looking forward to future mods. There is still so much to do and I'd love to be a part of it. Intake, TCU, etc. etc. makes it hard to walk. Plus, you and I still haven't played. I'd better get a hold of you before you mod too much more.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Agreed on the fun. I don't mind walking from the current mods. It is the car i love, although i would turn around and mod it again. I'm more looking forward to future mods. There is still so much to do and I'd love to be a part of it. Intake, TCU, etc. etc. makes it hard to walk. Plus, you and I still haven't played. I'd better get a hold of you before you mod too much more.
How bout top mounted IC's too the 55k will be a absolute demon w/SLR style coolers def capable of high 10's... You're talking about a very small sum of money in the grand scheme of things, esp when this is your favorite hobby/source of fun like the rest of us freaks

We def need to do some roll-ons...
Old 05-01-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
How bout top mounted IC's too the 55k will be a absolute demon w/SLR style coolers def capable of high 10's... You're talking about a very small sum of money in the grand scheme of things, esp when this is your favorite hobby/source of fun like the rest of us freaks

We def need to do some roll-ons...
I'll be in town soon so don't forget to include me in these roll ons! It will be fun to run with the ole mighty 600 and Jangy .

Last edited by bassn_07; 05-01-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I'll be in town soon so don't forget to include me in these roll ons! It will be fun to run with the ole mighty 600 and Jangy .
Let us know when you come down and maybe we can do a mini meet and ride? I am feeling better (healthy again) and want to start meeting up with the members again like we used to. I miss all the personal friendships and awesome rides...
Old 05-02-2009, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Let us know when you come down and maybe we can do a mini meet and ride? I am feeling better (healthy again) and want to start meeting up with the members again like we used to. I miss all the personal friendships and awesome rides...
I'm thinking the weekend of May 23rd. My in-laws live in Laguna Nigel, Irvine, and Mission Viejo...too many places to visit . I tried to plan the weekend of the meet but I can't get away from a previous engagement. Like you mentioned, maybe we could get a little meet together so I could put some new faces to these board names .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Lease return......parting it out...