Sponsored by:

E63 vs CLS55 ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Sorry I guess I lost that file, anyway the dealer can run the VIN and give you the compleete service History, I forget the number but the wordage is Secondary Air Injection Pump. If you see that it means the car was flashed.
There are many tuners ie. Renntech, Kleenman, VRP, LET, EvoTech tat can get you fixed up, the biggest gain on the tune comes with a pulley. Ok now you'll be search, read, drive for the next month..
Haha .... thanks for the info. I'll definitely have them look that one up.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by JustPete
Hey guys ... also, just out of curiosity what's your opinion on extending the CPO?

The car is factory warrantied until January 2010. Then Certified up to 100,000 mile until 2011 in the deal.

They offered me addition 1 or 2 years.

1year to 2012 for $2100+

2years to 2013 for 2850.

I was told these prices come from Mercedes and are non negotiable (Everything is negotiable IMO)

Do these rates sound reasonable and would you do it.

Supposedly, because I'm a repeat Mercedes customer I get a $700 discount.

Thanks

Pete
Not even a question if you plan to keep the car. Get the extended warranty!! You got the car for a great price so it is worth having the piece of mind with a factory warranty. This car can be real expensive to fix when out of warranty. Car is definitely an 030. The steering wheel has the suede leather and the wheels are two piece that only come with the performance package. Believe me when you drive the car hard, the performance package is a plus and not many cars have it. Your car is very rare! Enjoy it and with some easy mods your car will be an absolute monster.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:48 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I'd get it just for the simple fact that, now correct me if I am wrong but isn't 2006 the only year for the CLS55? If so, you will have a car in which you may see a CLS500,550 or CLS63 but you won't see to many CLS55's......

just my .55
I just looked up AMG Sales data and according to that data , there are 2765 CLS55AMG's in the entire world ... and that's it.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Don't worry about the tuning. the '06 and newer already have it and all the tuners now (thanks to those that insisted) have broken the TQ management codes.

It is a P30 car so don't worry. That is a BEAUTY!!

The stereos in all of the suck. My recommendation is to replace all the OEM speakers and add a sub to the trunk. If you want it done right (like me), get the Reus Audio but becareful because they have many different setups. I got the daddy for $2500 but I am local. It even has 2 center channel speakers that they put into the rear view mirror. Their work is very clean and you likely won't see it but just hear it.

CONGRATS BRO!! You've done well.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I just looked up AMG Sales data and according to that data , there are 2765 CLS55AMG's in the entire world ... and that's it.

Hey now, keep credit where its due. I was the one that told you it was only the '06 and it was this forum!! HEHE!! Enjoy it!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Jangy is right that car 06 has the torque limiters from the factory that was about the time we were figuring out what was up.
You may have some blown speakers, even in the stock form the HK logic 7 is
at least acceptable. When I asked what source I meant Sat rad, FM or CD sounds bad? cause Sirius bit rate sucks and sound quality is poor I use my I-Pod @ 128 min.
The warranty is a deal, get it ASAP and that is a good price.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You may have blown speakers. they are cheap paper ones and should not distort out even at max volume. They just don't get that loud. Someone may have turned the bass way up and rocked them. Either way, replace all with nice ones and be off. The car is AWESOME. I am so jealous!! One of my boys here has one and it is the nicest 4 door AMG I have seen. I am not a CLS person but would take the CLS55 in a heartbeat.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:25 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by france2112
Not even a question if you plan to keep the car. Get the extended warranty!! You got the car for a great price so it is worth having the piece of mind with a factory warranty. This car can be real expensive to fix when out of warranty. Car is definitely an 030. The steering wheel has the suede leather and the wheels are two piece that only come with the performance package. Believe me when you drive the car hard, the performance package is a plus and not many cars have it. Your car is very rare! Enjoy it and with some easy mods your car will be an absolute monster.

Thanks!

It's definitely a car I'll keep for a long time.

What do you think of their pricing and claim that MB sets the rates?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks!

It's definitely a car I'll keep for a long time.

What do you think of their pricing and claim that MB sets the rates?
Doesn't matter what MB sets the price at. You are a customer of the dealership and all prices are negotiable. Pay the price but get some free accessories?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:27 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by jangy
Hey now, keep credit where its due. I was the one that told you it was only the '06 and it was this forum!! HEHE!! Enjoy it!!!
That's right ... it WAS you.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:30 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Jangy is right that car 06 has the torque limiters from the factory that was about the time we were figuring out what was up.
You may have some blown speakers, even in the stock form the HK logic 7 is
at least acceptable. When I asked what source I meant Sat rad, FM or CD sounds bad? cause Sirius bit rate sucks and sound quality is poor I use my I-Pod @ 128 min.
The warranty is a deal, get it ASAP and that is a good price.
Good to hear that. I was leaning towards getting it. I paid cash for the car so adding another $3k DOES get taxing on the wallet ... but I think I'd regret not getting it.

So ... with the torque limiters ... what can I expect with this car and what would be the easiest fix? Something that worries me, is if I ever bring it in for service, would a reflash not MB void warranty, and what happens if they reflash it again?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:34 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
You may have blown speakers. they are cheap paper ones and should not distort out even at max volume. They just don't get that loud. Someone may have turned the bass way up and rocked them. Either way, replace all with nice ones and be off. The car is AWESOME. I am so jealous!! One of my boys here has one and it is the nicest 4 door AMG I have seen. I am not a CLS person but would take the CLS55 in a heartbeat.
Thanks Jangy ... you've been a lot of help in my making the decision too. As has Yachtmaster and others.

I was set to get an E, but seeing this CLS in person was the kicker. It was there in a sea of E's (Not AMG's) and it really just stands out.

Around here I may never pass another one ... and I have to admit, I like that.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:35 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Doesn't matter what MB sets the price at. You are a customer of the dealership and all prices are negotiable. Pay the price but get some free accessories?
I have them doing a complete detail of the car and every tiny touch up and scratch ... etc. New Drivers seat, (Wear on this one) and a front bumper repaint.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I have them doing a complete detail of the car and every tiny touch up and scratch ... etc. New Drivers seat, (Wear on this one) and a front bumper repaint.
Wow...I hope you are using a detail guy that you know. The majority "detail" guys that work for the dealership might as well be throwing rocks at your car. I'd tell them that you want your own independent detail guy.

Good luck.

Jon
Old 04-25-2009, 06:59 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Wow...I hope you are using a detail guy that you know. The majority "detail" guys that work for the dealership might as well be throwing rocks at your car. I'd tell them that you want your own independent detail guy.

Good luck.

Jon
I thought about that, but they're pretty good at this dealership and from there it goes to my guy.

If they screw it up ... they keep the car and I keep looking.