Renntech versus Kleemann?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Renntech versus Kleemann?

Hey forum members-
I received some great feedback about keeping the E55 and modding it. I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse, but who do you all recommend for performance upgrades? I did some research and I'm planning to go with either Renntech or Kleemann for performance upgrades. What has your experience been with either company? I plan to start slow with maybe an ECU/Pulley upgrade and secondary cat/resonator delete. I know the latter has minimal, if any, impact on performance, therefore I'm doing that particular mod just for the sound. What do you guys think? What other less expensive mods would offer me the best bang for my buck? I'm also looking at modifications that won't void my MB warranty.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:55 PM

997.2 GT3
I think the pulley/ECU mod would affect your MB warranty. I guess it depends how keen your dealer is on enforcing the rules.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
With any engine mod you'll be compromising your warranty. The best advice I could give you is go and speak with your SA and ask to meet the foreman of the shop. From here you could feel out the shop and see if they're going to be sticklers or not. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
If I ever begin to mod I am starting with a nice set of Long Tubes, 3" inch X-Piped Exhaust with free flowing mufflers and my second mod would be Pulley/ECU and depending on size of pulley a cooling upgrade may be in order. I just gave you the recipe for 100rwhp & 100lbs of torque at the wheels. Get yourself some sticky MT ET Streets and don't forget to thank me when you run 11.5 or better

btw if you want to avoid a possible warranty issue then go with something like the evosport shorty headers. You may not make as much hp but I think that you can pass smog with their shorty headers. Give Simon a call at Evosport.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 04-26-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:36 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Point2Point
I think the pulley/ECU mod would affect your MB warranty. I guess it depends how keen your dealer is on enforcing the rules.
Originally Posted by bassn_07
With any engine mod you'll be compromising your warranty. The best advice I could give you is go and speak with your SA and ask to meet the foreman of the shop. From here you could feel out the shop and see if they're going to be sticklers or not. Good luck.
I figured there would be warranty issues. I'll talk to my SA and Service Manager to get their thoughts. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
If I ever begin to mod I am starting with a nice set of Long Tubes, 3" inch X-Piped Exhaust with free flowing mufflers and my second mod would be Pulley/ECU and depending on size of pulley a cooling upgrade may be in order. I just gave you the recipe for 100rwhp & 100lbs of torque at the wheels. Get yourself some sticky MT ET Streets and don't forget to thank me when you run 11.5 or better

btw if you want to avoid a possible warranty issue then go with something like the evosport shorty headers. You may not make as much hp but I think that you can pass smog with their shorty headers. Give Simon a call at Evosport.
Ha! I will certainly thank you for the advice! I can't even imagine 100 more rwhp & torque! Have you heard good things about evosport's headers?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Renntech and Kleemann are both top-notch MB tuning organizations, both offering a comprehensive menu of performance and appearance upgrades. IMHO, you can't go wrong with either one. That said, Kleemann's new aggressive pricing schedule puts them considerably cheaper than much of their competition - which may or may not make a difference in your decision-making process.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:07 PM

E55
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Renntech and Kleemann are both top-notch MB tuning organizations, both offering a comprehensive menu of performance and appearance upgrades. IMHO, you can't go wrong with either one. That said, Kleemann's new aggressive pricing schedule puts them considerably cheaper than much of their competition - which may or may not make a difference in your decision-making process.
Thanks c32AMG-I will look into Kleemann's new pricing! When it comes down to two top-notch tuning organizations, all else being equal, I would probably make my final decision based upon price. Thanks for your reply!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by mdre55amg
Thanks c32AMG-I will look into Kleemann's new pricing! When it comes down to two top-notch tuning organizations, all else being equal, I would probably make my final decision based upon price. Thanks for your reply!
Get with Cory @ Kleemann there was a E55 with Kleemann Headers and no tune and it picked up 36hp on the dyno. (you may have a smog issue but there may be ways around that)
Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Get with Cory @ Kleemann there was a E55 with Kleemann Headers and no tune and it picked up 36hp on the dyno. (you may have a smog issue but there may be ways around that)
Thanks Hammer Down-I'm going to send an email to Cory to get some pricing.