Fuel Injector Data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Fuel Injector Data

Since there was not much helpful info on the board and couldn't find anybody who could gie me answers I did some research/purchasing of my own. I feel that to avoid people having to go through the crap I had to to get info I would post it up for everyone to see. As you all know I have a CLK55. So the easy part was looking at my injectors and getting the bosch p/n off of them...

01 CLK55 fuel injector bosch p/n 0-280-156-074

Next was to find out how much it flowed. Well I haven't found any info on that yet. I have heard people say they are 42lb injectors but I don't like word of mouth, I like proof.

Next was to find out 55k injector p/n and flow...

55k fuel injector bosch p/n 0-280-156-072

I found a listing for theses and they were rated at 37.7lbs/hr at 3bar fuel pressure. I had heard from a few people that they were "60lb" injectors. Not according to the data I found, at least not at 3bar fuel pressure.

I heard the stock CLK runs static 55PSI fuel pressure and the 55k's run a static 80PSI. I have a Kleemann fuel pressure regulator on mine and now I'm running more than stock fuel pressure but don't know exactly how much. I need to buy a gauge and test it.

So next we go to the big baller of the benzes, the SLR! Good luck trying to find any info on those! So after much thought about going aftermarket for much cheaper (and more flow) I figured what the heck I'll just order a set. They are pretty pricey! So they came in today. I have heard the SLR injectors have 6 ports vs. the 55k's 4 ports and everything else is the same. I have yet to confirm the flow numbers on the SLR injectors so if anyone has access to flow numbers that would be cool to see the differences between the three.

SLR fuel injector bosch p/n 0-280-156-148

Hopefully this info will be of use to some people in the future. My car ran out of fuel up top and injector duty cycle was nearing 100% so I had to upgrade injectors. I could have gone aftermarket and gotten more flow for less money but figured I wantd to know the differences. Plus it's cool to have SLR injectors in your car I also could have raised fuel pressure through the fpr but what fun is that! lol Plus I want more room for futue mods

Last edited by blackbenzz; 05-02-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Update: SLR injectors are baby blue and indeed have 6 holes instead of 4.

Another Update: I called Bosch directly and gave them the part number. They said their technical expert would call me back with flow data. I get a call back saying that Bosch does not release any information with regard to that product

Last edited by blackbenzz; 04-30-2009 at 03:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ChrisVannoy (05-10-2021)
Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Stage 3 63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Update: SLR injectors are baby blue and indeed have 6 holes instead of 4.

Another Update: I called Bosch directly and gave them the part number. They said their technical expert would call me back with flow data. I get a call back saying that Bosch does not release any information with regard to that product

im using them in my e55 2004

been told by bosch the following

Standard e55 are 3.09 per gram per minute at 3 bar
SLR 3.39 per gram at 3 bar

Slr are are blue and have 6 holes the e55 are black with 4 holes,

i still need to remap my car on the SLR injectors but i can notice that they are more responsive.

Forgot to say that are a direct fitment to replace the standard injectors on the E55

hope this help

ACID
Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Ahmad,

I would take the time and having things like spray pattern, flow, etc measured by sending them out to someone like RC Engineering (http://www.rceng.com/). Those guys really know their stuff and can really give you some insight for your project.

-m
Old 04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
55K Injector flow charts

Hello Ahmad:
Marcus is correct RC is an exception company. Attached are the injectors & Had cleaned by Flagship MARINE ENGINES for AMGfan. Regards ___PTEngineering
Attached Thumbnails Fuel Injector Data-amgfan-injectorflow-small-medium-.jpg  
Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by BRABUS786
im using them in my e55 2004

been told by bosch the following

Standard e55 are 3.09 per gram per minute at 3 bar
SLR 3.39 per gram at 3 bar

Slr are are blue and have 6 holes the e55 are black with 4 holes,

i still need to remap my car on the SLR injectors but i can notice that they are more responsive.

Forgot to say that are a direct fitment to replace the standard injectors on the E55

hope this help

ACID
I don't think there is any power to gain unless you were running out of fuel before. Maybe better atomization but I dont know what that would translate to in terms of power. If the SLR injectors and indeed larger than the 55k injectors you are now running rich. I dont understand the units of measure you are using for the injector flow rate, what does that equate to in lbs/hr?
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Ahmad,

I would take the time and having things like spray pattern, flow, etc measured by sending them out to someone like RC Engineering (http://www.rceng.com/). Those guys really know their stuff and can really give you some insight for your project.

-m
Great minds think alike. I am having a local company test the SLR injectors and I will post up the data I receive
Originally Posted by PTE
Hello Ahmad:
Marcus is correct RC is an exception company. Attached are the injectors & Had cleaned by Flagship MARINE ENGINES for AMGfan. Regards ___PTEngineering
Awesome, thanks Pat. I can't really see the numbers but maybe because I'm sleepy. I will check again in the morning
Old 05-01-2009, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Ahmad,

Spray pattern is going to be key here. The 6 holes is nice, but we cannot just assume it's just for better atomization. Maybe it is for that, or maybe the pattern is different because of a slightly different intake manifold/nozzle angle/who knows what. Back in my B5 S4 days people started jumping to RS4 injectors when they need more flow cause they were slightly bigger only to realize it would cause slight "puddling" on the intake tract because the spray patterns were different.

-m
Old 05-01-2009, 07:40 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
injector Flow chart

Hi Ahmad: I E-mailed you a much cleaner Hi Res Scan. ___PTE___
Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
[QUOTE=blackbenzz;3497293]Since there was not much helpful info on the board and couldn't find anybody who could gie me answers I did some research/purchasing of my own. I feel that to avoid people having to go through the crap I had to to get info I would post it up for everyone to see. As you all know I have a CLK55. So the easy part was looking at my injectors and getting the bosch p/n off of them...

01 CLK55 fuel injector bosch p/n 0-280-155-074

55k fuel injector bosch p/n 0-280-156-072

I found a listing for theses and they were rated at 37.7lbs/hr at 3bar fuel pressure. I had heard from a few people that they were "60lb" injectors. Not according to the data I found, at least not at 3bar fuel pressure.

I heard the stock CLK runs static 55PSI fuel pressure and the 55k's run a static 80PSI. I have a Kleemann fuel pressure regulator on mine and now I'm running more than stock fuel pressure but don't know exactly how much. I need to buy a gauge and test it.

So next we go to the big baller of the benzes, the SLR! Good luck trying to find any info on those! So after much thought about going aftermarket for much cheaper (and more flow) I figured what the heck I'll just order a set. They are pretty pricey! So they came in today. I have heard the SLR injectors have 6 ports vs. the 55k's 4 ports and everything else is the same. I have yet to confirm the flow numbers on the SLR injectors so if anyone has access to flow numbers that would be cool to see the differences between the three.

SLR fuel injector bosch p/n 0-280-156-148

:[/QUOTE ]

very interesting info

I found the stated flow rate for 55K is 412cc/min @ 3bars that means 39.23Lb/hour
unfortunately no data for CLK part, nor for SLR's

.. btw, CLK part you said is not even listed in the Bosch price list, while both 55K and SLR parts are, and their p-list is similar at about 100 euros.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Ahmad,

Spray pattern is going to be key here. The 6 holes is nice, but we cannot just assume it's just for better atomization. Maybe it is for that, or maybe the pattern is different because of a slightly different intake manifold/nozzle angle/who knows what. Back in my B5 S4 days people started jumping to RS4 injectors when they need more flow cause they were slightly bigger only to realize it would cause slight "puddling" on the intake tract because the spray patterns were different.

-m
I see what you are saying Marcus. Both setups are supercharged V8's with little "intake manifold" so I dont see this as being a very big concern but it could be. I guess we will find out. I know the B5 S4 and RS4 are both turbo cars too but I'm using wishful thinking (I had a B5 S4 and have worked on many of them) I am getting an injector tested shortly and then have to wait for LET to make another trip out here before I drop the injectors in and get a retune.
Originally Posted by PTE
Hi Ahmad: I E-mailed you a much cleaner Hi Res Scan. ___PTE___
Thank you very much
Originally Posted by dyno
very interesting info

I found the stated flow rate for 55K is 412cc/min @ 3bars that means 39.23Lb/hour
unfortunately no data for CLK part, nor for SLR's

.. btw, CLK part you said is not even listed in the Bosch price list, while both 55K and SLR parts are, and their p-list is similar at about 100 euros.
Thank you for that info. I will definitely post up the results I get back from testing the injectors. I just need to find some time to get an injector to the shop.

Not even listed? Wow. I am sure of the SLR number since it is sitting in my hand and Bosch confirmed that the part number does exist, they just wouldn't release any info to me. For all I know MB/Bosch put a hit out on me because when the guy told me "We do not release any information regarding this product" I said "Ok, well then I will just go test it myself" lol In terms of the CLK55 number I could have been off since I read the number while it was still on the car but I'm pretty sure that it's correct, I will double check

Last edited by blackbenzz; 05-01-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see what you are saying Marcus. Both setups are supercharged V8's with little "intake manifold" so I dont see this as being a very big concern but it could be. I guess we will find out. I know the B5 S4 and RS4 are both turbo cars too but I'm using wishful thinking (I had a B5 S4 and have worked on many of them) I am getting an injector tested shortly and then have to wait for LET to make another trip out here before I drop the injectors in and get a retune.

Thank you very much

Thank you for that info. I will definitely post up the results I get back from testing the injectors. I just need to find some time to get an injector to the shop.
Ahmad,

I met you at a Racersden Track rental at MIR last year. (06 C6 and 04 silver Cobra JPC on the door)

Anyway, I have a fuel injector flow bench at my house in Severna Park. Gather up as many injectors as you like and bring them on over. I can show you how to run the machine and let you have at it! There is alot to be learned about injectors, flow rates, spray patterns and mostly fuel pressure. My machine can run an injector up to 150psi. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Ryan
Old 05-02-2009, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blackbenz, yes seems you were mistaken, the injector part for your car is

see here http://www.fuelinjectorwhse.com/cari...=CLK55&mn=1184
then click two more times under your model car and you'll find that part at

from the datasheet I posted before, seems you could experiment much higher delivery with 55K injectors

ps: now I understand why she is so much gas consuming: 412cubic centimeters pe rminutes is 0.412 liters x 8 injectors .. gets nearly 3 and a half liters PER MINUTE!! AHHH

Last edited by dyno; 05-02-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Blackbenz, yes seems you were mistaken, the injector part for your car is

see here http://www.fuelinjectorwhse.com/cari...=CLK55&mn=1184
then click two more times under your model car and you'll find that part at

from the datasheet I posted before, seems you could experiment much higher delivery with 55K injectors

ps: now I understand why she is so much gas consuming: 412cubic centimeters pe rminutes is 0.412 liters x 8 injectors .. gets nearly 3 and a half liters PER MINUTE!! AHHH
Awesome thanks for the correction! The injectors are still on the car so I must have read the 6 as a 5. I am dropping off an SLR injector to be flow tested today. My friend is supposed to bring a 55k injector as well so they can be tested side by side
Old 05-08-2009, 03:24 AM

03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
Any updates?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by superstar
Any updates?
Well I dropped the SLR and 55k injectors off last week. They told me it wouldn't take long. I calle dback today and they said they haven't tested them yet but should be done today I hate having to wait on othe rpeople. As soon as I get the results I will post them
Old 05-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Some info for you guys as I just got a call from the shop. I don't have the sheets in front of me but from the phone conversation the SLR injectors flowed 516cc (wasn't sure if he said 516 or 560 but I think it was 516) and the 55k injectors flowed 480cc. I will post the sheets when I get them either tomorrow or monday. You also have to remember that the MB cars run alot more fuel pressure than 3bar so they actually flow alot more than the numbers I posted.

RHecox- Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. I ha dot go to the shop anyway to drop some stuff off to get CNC'd. I will probably see you soon.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 05-08-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Some info for you guys as I just got a call from the shop. I don't have the sheets in front of me but from the phone conversation the SLR injectors flowed 516cc (wasn't sure if he said 516 or 560 but I think it was 516) and the 55k injectors flowed 480cc. I will post the sheets when I get them either tomorrow or monday. You also have to remember that the MB cars run alot more fuel pressure than 3bar so they actually flow alot more than the numbers I posted.

RHecox- Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. I ha dot go to the shop anyway to drop some stuff off to get CNC'd. I will probably see you soon.
I'm surprised that u still are not thinking about going with aftermarket injectors.

However,I know you will figure out the fuel issue and also consider going with a higher flowng fuel pump and or lines like PTE has if possible Ahmad.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
I'm surprised that u still are not thinking about going with aftermarket injectors.

However,I know you will figure out the fuel issue and also consider going with a higher flowng fuel pump and or lines like PTE has if possible Ahmad.
Maybe because I just spent a bunch of money on SLR injectors I should be good on fueling.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Awsome info Ahmed!!

It kills me that the flow rates are not listed.

"how big is this thing Im BUYING??"

"Sorry....we kant tell you dat (German accent)"

Honestly---This amg world just drives me batty.
I def agree on the 480 figure for the E55 inject as appose to the 400cc figure--that seemed low considering the power these cars(VR700) put down with rich dynos.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mustang
I have high flow injectors for you - cheap!!

I found this discussion by searching Google. I have a stockpile of 0 280 156 072 Bosch Fuel injectors. New in the package. I work for a motorcycle company and we used these on a limited edition engine and now have left over supplies.

I would like to sell them all off at once, but if people here want to start buying them in sets, I could do that too. Depending on the deal, the price is going to vary, however, I will sell you injectors at a fraction of what other places do.

contact me at jbailey@sscycle.com if you are interested. S&S used these in our 145 CID Tribute bikes. www.sscycle.com

Thanks.
Jeff
Old 08-16-2009, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

did you find the actual pressure at which they operate under boost and therefore how much injectors actually deliver ?

just wondering what is the HP limit our fuel system was designed to feed

try measuring the fuel pump's flow capacity would give helpful info..
Old 08-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
did you find the actual pressure at which they operate under boost and therefore how much injectors actually deliver ?

just wondering what is the HP limit our fuel system was designed to feed

try measuring the fuel pump's flow capacity would give helpful info..
I dont have that info nor did I test it. I could be wrong but I believe the older non supercharged 55's run 55PSI and the newer 55k cars run ~80PSI fuel pressure. My car has a fpr that adds another 9PSI fuel pressure for every 1PSI of boost
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I dont have that info nor did I test it. I could be wrong but I believe the older non supercharged 55's run 55PSI and the newer 55k cars run ~80PSI fuel pressure. My car has a fpr that adds another 9PSI fuel pressure for every 1PSI of boost

so, the figure your shop got for 55K inj (480cc/min) was at 80psi ?
hope it is not so because that would not be enough for a 700+ hp target ..

ps:
I understand you installed a "rising rate regulator" to work in addition to the stock one. that's a quick method for increasing fuel flow to accomodate rising boost pressure, without having to increase the pulse duration at injectors or replacing bigger ones
.. but you are still limited to the fuel pressure made available by the stock fuel pump (and you would not want a fuel pump who delivers less than your regulator requires ..)
In any case, even letting aside pressure issues we still don't know what max HP level the fuel pump's flow capacity can accomplish
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
so, the figure your shop got for 55K inj (480cc/min) was at 80psi ?
hope it is not so because that would not be enough for a 700+ hp target ..

ps:
I understand you installed a "rising rate regulator" to work in addition to the stock one. that's a quick method for increasing fuel flow to accomodate rising boost pressure, without having to increase the pulse duration at injectors or replacing bigger ones
.. but you are still limited to the fuel pressure made available by the stock fuel pump (and you would not want a fuel pump who delivers less than your regulator requires ..)
In any case, even letting aside pressure issues we still don't know what max HP level the fuel pump's flow capacity can accomplish
No, they were tested at 3bar fuel pressure. The industry standard
Old 08-16-2009, 06:27 PM

C32
here is a website i found awhile back with bosch fuel injector part numbers and flow numbers.
http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Data