Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this CM30 IC pump work on my 600?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Will this CM30 IC pump work on my 600?

I know this isn't the SL forum but ALL the 600/65/55/63 power seekers live here http://www.autoperformanceengineerin...ml/jabsco.html

$145.00 seems like a dealJohnson CM30P7-1
20 mm hose connections (3/4")
Pumps water up to 100° C (212° F)
Magnetic drive means a sealed pump chamber
Rated for continuous duty (motor life 5000 hours)
Weight 0.60 kg (1.32 lbs)
1 year manufacturer's warranty
12 and 24 Volt versions available

Also I would need the 12 Volt version & not the 24 Volt right? Forgive my ignorance I've never dealt w/cooling upgrades 1st hand (I plan on installing this myself, Lord willing) I'm trying to schedule the trunk Reservoir @ Evosport + Dyno's
Old 05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Yep, it'll work. I saw one being installed in an SL600 at Motorwerks just last week.

And, yes, you want the 12v version.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanks bud!! Curious is bumper removal or loosening needed for swap? Are you running upgraded HE? figure while I'm in the area maybe upgrade that too...
Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Originally Posted by Thericker
Thanks bud!! Curious is bumper removal or loosening needed for swap? Are you running upgraded HE? figure while I'm in the area maybe upgrade that too...
The Mercedes service DVD says the SL55 pump can be replaced without removing the bumper but the bumper has to be removed for the SL600 pump. You could start by removing the lower engine shroud and see if that gives you enough room to access the pump. If it does, great! If not, just take the next step and remove the bumper.

I had to remove the bumper to install the supplemental HE on my car. It was straight-forward with no special tools or difficult steps but somewhat time consuming.

I'm very happy with the HE upgrade and, yeah, if you are swapping out the pump it's a reasonable time to tackle the HE. Especially if you wind up removing the bumper.

Good luck with the project! Let the rest of us know how it goes for you!!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanks for all the help bud! Def going for CM30/extra HE/trunk reservoir summers coming

Any dyno advice? I'm going to a very local shop only $75 for 3-4 pulls but they've barely done MB's So I need to do 4th gear runs right? what about Dyno mode? how do I turn it on - off? any advice for getting rwto reading on her? I've heard you put reflective tape on optical sensor? I'm lost on that part & I'm certain we'll prolly be out of luck on RWTO reading...Going tamara afternoon.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Thanks for all the help bud! Def going for CM30/extra HE/trunk reservoir summers coming

Any dyno advice? I'm going to a very local shop only $75 for 3-4 pulls but they've barely done MB's So I need to do 4th gear runs right? what about Dyno mode? how do I turn it on - off? any advice for getting rwto reading on her? I've heard you put reflective tape on optical sensor? I'm lost on that part & I'm certain we'll prolly be out of luck on RWTO reading...Going tamara afternoon.
$75 is a great price!

Fourth gear, yes. You'll want to put the car in manual mode then shift through the gears to fourth.

Dyno mode, yes. Here's a video clip on how it works for some of our cars: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25461408988527

On my 2003 I have to hold the reset button for 15-20 seconds rather than tap it three times. Otherwise it's basically the same as the video.

Someone else suggested trying to switch into and out of dyno mode a few times before heading over to the dyno shop and I found that to be very helpful advice.

I've had my car on the dyno three times. The first and third worked fine but the ignition pickup failed on the second run. The dyno shop was never able to figure out what went wrong on the second one.

Not sure what the deal might be with the reflective tape. Someone else with more experience might be able to help with that one?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance

some cars are different for dyno mode, I will do a video for you in a couple of hours and post it here. You can try 4th gear buts its tough to make it work as the car will keep trying to downshift. All of my dynos were done in 3rd. Optical is a real pain in the **** to set up.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Cars
Sean,

Find a shop that does MBs, don't shop for just price. A shop that does MBs will likely have a Bosch pigtail connector so they can pick up RPM off an injector. Pays to goto someone who's done a bunch and knows what to do.

-m
Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Sean,

Find a shop that does MBs, don't shop for just price. A shop that does MBs will likely have a Bosch pigtail connector so they can pick up RPM off an injector. Pays to goto someone who's done a bunch and knows what to do.

-m
It's not the price that drew me to want to use the shop, I live in Santa Barbara their the only local place I could find w/Dynojet that wasn't in Los Angeles 1 1/2 hours away... It's a Vette tuner I used when I had my C6, if all they can get is rwhp so be it. I really want to know what she's putting down, appt has been pushed to tomorrow

thanks for all the help guys...