W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what Renntech says about my car if you call and ask them. NOT GOOD.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
SGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL65
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I NEVER once said Renntech doesn't know what they're doing or cannot make a car perform. Yet people feel the need to post about that. Why? Their results are impressive and their workmanship is top-notch. I would like to hear your take on my car being bashed extensively by this Bob Brady guy. I'm sure it was the topic of your guys' conversation at some point. Please be honest, if you can.

Do you think it is appropriate for that kind of derogatory rant to come from a company with Renntech's credentials? Please address my questions.

Everyone on the Renntech bandwagon just comes in and either misquotes me, challenges my credibility or my car's performance. And on top of that I have been challenged to a race by a girl with a slower car..... Do you people feel threatened? I never bashed Renntech, they bashed me and their supporters continue to do so.
Marko, I don't disagree with you. I don't think it is appropriate for anyone to bash a car because it runs well. I've congratulated you for your times and hope your car runs 10.50s after the TCU issue is dialed in.

With respect to Bob Brady allegedly bashing you, you shouldn't condemn the whole company if he misspoke. He's a good guy and everyone is entitled to a mistake. That's why there are erasers on pencils. It happens. My experience is that the guys at RENNtech don't take issue with other tuners. Competition is healthy and breeds lower ets.

Originally Posted by juicee63
Marko I think it might be time to head down to Florida.

SGC do you think the RennTech C63 is faster than the MBK car?

Juicee63 - It would be great to have them on the same track on the same day.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I agree the racing quote was stupid, sounded much better at 1 am. LOL I was saying I was sorry that your friend that called Renntech didn't get the help he was looking for.

I'm not jealous of your car and I'm not a hater. I'm always excited to see fellow members set records! Mad props to you for tuning your own car. You wrote your own software?

I have met so many tuners over the years and they all talk crap about other tuners cars. Perhaps my first post was more emotional than factual, but isn't this thread a little silly? So Bob Brady offended you and lost a client, that's unfortunate. Bob, Ken and Hartmut have always been cool to me. I have asked Hartmut to go a little more extreme on my car and he talked me out of it. He prides himself on building cars that are reliable and safe. I don't know much about your car or you, but you obviously built yourself a fast car that is reliable and deserve credit.

Last edited by BENZGal; 05-09-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:08 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by groupB
That C63 had long headers (didn't say anything about the cats - only the secondaries) on it during the Supercar Weekend, so unless RENN took off the long headers, put on shorties, and then took the shorties back out and put the long ones back in for the Jalopnik photoshoot a few days later (the rubber on the rear of the car and on the exhausts - clearly seen in the Jalopnik pics http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/ren...ntd/1007549757 - is from your PBIR run that night) the car had long-tubes in it.

Stranger things have happened than swapping headers in and out for photo shoots, of course.
Jo, as you know, there is always rubber on the rear of that car. The car definitely had short tube headers and primary cats when I raced it. If it had long tube headers with collectors under the car, the primary cats would have been gone. Not the case when I went 11.50, as I was under the car when it was on the lift before it went to the track that night. Short tube headers, and primary cats in. Maybe they changed the headers for the photoshoot; however, no long tube headers when I raced it. Do you have a photo with the long tube headers on it?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:09 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
Marko, I don't disagree with you. I don't think it is appropriate for anyone to bash a car because it runs well. I've congratulated you for your times and hope your car runs 10.50s after the TCU issue is dialed in.

With respect to Bob Brady allegedly bashing you, you shouldn't condemn the whole company if he misspoke. He's a good guy and everyone is entitled to a mistake. That's why there are erasers on pencils. It happens. My experience is that the guys at RENNtech don't take issue with other tuners. Competition is healthy and breeds lower ets.

Juicee63 - It would be great to have them on the same track on the same day.
I understand and agree with you. It gets me a little more upset being that my buddy called me first inquiring about turbo upgrades and I told him to try Renntech as they seemed to have tried turbo upgrades with Hartmut's car. I recommended them and Bob Brady goes apesh*t on the guy's car that referred them a customer.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:12 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I agree the racing quote was stupid, sounded much better at 1 am. LOL I was saying I was sorry that your friend that called Renntech didn't get the help he was looking for.

I'm not jealous of your car and I'm not a hater. I'm always excited to see fellow members set records! Mad props to you for tuning your own car. You wrote your own software?

I have met so many tuners over the years and they all talk crap about other tuners cars. Perhaps my first post was more emotional than factual, but isn't this thread a little silly? So Bob Brady offended you and lost a client, that's unfortunate. Bob, Ken and Hartmut have always been cool to me. I have asked Hartmut to go a little more extreme on my car and he talked me out of it. He prides himself on building cars that are reliable and safe. I don't know much about your car or you, but you obviously built yourself a fast car that is reliable and deserve credit.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
I understand and agree with you. It gets me a little more upset being that my buddy called me first inquiring about turbo upgrades and I told him to try Renntech as they seemed to have tried turbo upgrades with Hartmut's car. I recommended them and Bob Brady goes apesh*t on the guy's car that referred them a customer.
Marko,

Totally understand. Hartmut will be happy to hear about your referral and furious to find out how it was handled.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:03 PM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by SGC
Jo, as you know, there is always rubber on the rear of that car. The car definitely had short tube headers and primary cats when I raced it. If it had long tube headers with collectors under the car, the primary cats would have been gone. Not the case when I went 11.50, as I was under the car when it was on the lift before it went to the track that night. Short tube headers, and primary cats in. Maybe they changed the headers for the photoshoot; however, no long tube headers when I raced it. Do you have a photo with the long tube headers on it?
Like I said: stranger things have happened. I don't have all the pics from the shoot, but it def. had long headers on it immediately before and after that run.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Wow...I missed all this.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 PM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Wow...I missed all this.
Feel free to stir the pot!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Feel free to stir the pot!
OOh not at all. Marko has done plenty already.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by raymond g-
so all this is about "someone talking smack about my car" ?
This has to do with one company talking smack about another company for no reason. Companies should always be polite when talking to people about customers or competitors, no matter how big or small the company.

Example: My mom owns a punk rock store in L.A, it's a small store, but it's known worldwide to punk rockers/mods/skinheads/rude boys and we sell high end quality goods. We also sell a lot of stuff that is similar to the types of stuff that Hot Topic has, but much better quality (more expensive, but last longer), I've spoken to Hot Topic employees as I sometimes buy CDs and other stuff there and they say that when they have customers looking for specific things they always send them to my mom's store if they don't have it. I dont know what that says about the company as a whole, but the employees are good people. As far as I'm concerned I have no problem giving Hot Topic my money when they have what I want and they're my mom's competition!

When I do business there are two things that I live by (1) Treat everyone as if they are mentally retarded until they prove otherwise (2) When doing business, make sure that every single person involved comes out as happy as possible, even if it means you lose a little. They will be willing to work with you anytime in the future, whether it's a customer, a competitor or an employee. Send everyone home happy every day.

Originally Posted by BENZGal
I read the first post and immediately forwarded to the end! I don't care what model you have, I would love to race you in a full blown RENNTech car! I am sorry your, "friend is having problems".

All the tuners are having hard times guys! The whole damn economy is in turmoil! Call me out so I can skool ur a$$ boys!
Is it wrong that this turned me on?
Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
That C63 had long headers (didn't say anything about the cats - only the secondaries) on it during the Supercar Weekend, so unless RENN took off the long headers, put on shorties, and then took the shorties back out and put the long ones back in for the Jalopnik photoshoot a few days later (the rubber on the rear of the car and on the exhausts - clearly seen in the Jalopnik pics http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/ren...ntd/1007549757 - is from your PBIR run that night) the car had long-tubes in it.

Stranger things have happened than swapping headers in and out for photo shoots, of course.
Like I said: stranger things have happened. I don't have all the pics from the shoot, but it def. had long headers on it immediately before and after that run.

Jo, you're probably a little confused as to the meaning of long tube headers. This appears to be the case when you implied that the primary cats were not removed in your statement above "I didn't say anything about the cats, only the secondaries". That doesn't make sense as to long tube headers. When you install long tube headers, the OEM primary cats (which you called "cats") would be removed, since the collector for a long tube header will exit next to the transmission under the car, well past where the primary cats are originally situated in the exhaust (up next to the block). As you know, I have had this car at the drag strip and in my garage on numerous occassions. This car never had long tube headers, and always had primary cats, prior to and at the drag strip when I went 11.50s. Maybe changed after my runs, but 1000% not before.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:33 PM

10.98 @ 127mph is very impressive for a Renntech CL65 with just ECU and Airbox. I was browsing dragtimes and saw this S65 (which is heavier than CL65 BTW) trapping 128.7mph with Renntech ECU and Airbox:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-10181.html

Not sure why VRP825 is not faster given that it supposedly has 100hp+ advantage and a lot more mods
Old 05-09-2009, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
All tuners talk mad smack about each other and other people who use other people products, welcome to the Industry.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 PM

BMW 7 series
i called BOB and he told me that Renntech doesnt make parts for my bmw...

what an a**hole!

Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by Tuskir

Not sure why VRP825 is not faster given that it supposedly has 100hp+ advantage and a lot more mods

My car: Conversions:
weight = 4700 pound = 4700 pound
velocity = 130.86 mile/hour = 130.86 mile/hour

Solution:
horsepower (hp) = 821.99851620391 horsepower

SGC's car: Conversions:
velocity = 127.07 mile/hour = 127.07 mile/hour

Solution:
horsepower (hp) = 752.6262741875 horsepower

According to this equation we are more like 70 hp apart. When I get to the track with the new TCU mod, I should pick up a few mph. If you listen to the video of my 10.73 pass you can clearly hear the prolonged shifts and reduction of throttle by the TCU, especially right as I am going through the traps. The more power we put down, the more interference we are logging from the torque management.

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 05-09-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
When was the last time you've seen RENNTECH change their company name to avoid or hide from problems ...

I've seen RennTech change their warranty policy . I've also seen their SoCal dealer swap names and lose exclusivity. Does that count?

I've had my hate mail from Bob as well. Ken may be cool, but didn't do squat for us. Selling RennTech in socal to real enthusiasts will be a hard one. The few that just want name will buy it, but the rest of us will go with better customer service and more straight up products.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Originally Posted by jangy
I've seen RennTech change their warranty policy . I've also seen their SoCal dealer swap names and lose exclusivity. Does that count?

I've had my hate mail from Bob as well. Ken may be cool, but didn't do squat for us. Selling RennTech in socal to real enthusiasts will be a hard one. The few that just want name will buy it, but the rest of us will go with better customer service and more straight up products.

Rofl jangy ... what a crock of BS.

Since a Kleemann dealer up here was trying to way overcharge me ... does that mean no one up here should buy Kleemann products?

The fact that Vadim hasn't been able to finish the supercharger project (over a year) does that mean no one should buy anything from him?

The fact that VRUS's 5.7 build isn't up to snuff yet ... does that mean no one should buy any vrus products?

Since brabus makes crappy rims ... should no one buy any of their other products?

Since Carlsson's supercharger kit is double the price of Renntech and 2 1/2 times that of Kleemanns ... does that mean no one should every buy Carlsson prodcuts?

The fact that Vath takes weeks to respond to emails ... does that mean no one should ever buy their products?

I could go ON and ON and ON regarding every vendor. There are always going instances where they aren't perfect.

Back on Topic which is BOB (not Renntech as a whole) I've talked to him before and was put off. Guess what? I worked with Ken instead.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:45 AM

My car: Conversions:
velocity = 130.86 mile/hour = 130.86 mile/hour

Solution:
horsepower (hp) = 821.99851620391 horsepower

SGC's car: Conversions:
velocity = 127.07 mile/hour = 127.07 mile/hour

Solution:
horsepower (hp) = 752.6262741875 horsepower

According to this equation we are more like 70 hp apart. When I get to the track with the new TCU mod, I should pick up a few mph. If you listen to the video of my 10.73 pass you can clearly hear the prolonged shifts and reduction of throttle by the TCU, especially right as I am going through the traps. The more power we put down, the more interference we are logging from the torque management.
That's true, but a 2-3mph difference can be attributed to other factors too. It is also a lot warmer and more humid in Florida, which gives SGC a disadvantage. Also that Renntech S65 I posted managed 128.7mph and it weighs over 5,000lbs. And your car is not a standard VRP825 either. V12Godspeed has a standard VRP825 and he only managed 128mph trap speed. I think the bottom line is that 695hp Renntech kit should not be as fast as 825hp VRP kit period.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
V12Godspeed has a standard VRP825 and he only managed 128mph trap speed. I think the bottom line is that 695hp Renntech kit should not be as fast as 825hp VRP kit period.
This trap speed was achieved pretty much on 93 octane, the tune car has is for 100 octane. Car was making less power I would say than desired. I managed to drop 2 gallons of 100 octane on a quarter tank of 93 as soon as I got to track and ran her, if you see firt run was mediocre trapped 127 I think, second ECU started to adjust timing etc,......by the time car made it to jayson's hand it had 2 passes on the 3rd he managed to trap higher and so forth. This indicates that on each pass car was making adjustment and trap speed was increasing. now Imagine if it would have had ECU adapted and 1/4 tank of 100 octane, traps would have been significantly a +2-3 MPH.

Another restriction, I am running stock IC pump not enough flow. Should be running a stronger pump for the volume of water to be moved. Not making excuses, it is what it is. Next time I post a vid I will make sure car traps 140+ It will have more upgrades, stay posted.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:28 AM

CL65
That's true, but a 2-3mph difference can be attributed to other factors too. It is also a lot warmer and more humid in Florida, which gives SGC a disadvantage. Also that Renntech S65 I posted managed 128.7mph and it weighs over 5,000lbs. And your car is not a standard VRP825 either. V12Godspeed has a standard VRP825 and he only managed 128mph trap speed. I think the bottom line is that 695hp Renntech kit should not be as fast as 825hp VRP kit period.
SGC's DA was in the negative on that pass. S65 doesn't weigh 5000 lbs. Very close to the CL. The S 65 was also in a negative DA on those passes. Both those cars had the TCU mod. They would both trap lower without it. I think the "bottom line" is that the Renntech 695 kit makes close to 750 HP on race gas and the VRP 825 makes close to 825 HP on race gas. I think the conversion formula I posted above supports my statement. I still don't quite understand the point you're trying to make. How much does Renntech charge for that package anyway?

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 05-10-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Your claims are incorrect, please do your complete research about all of the cars you have mentioned, as well as go over the data from their runs and the weather data from those runs, you will the see the differences in the cars and which are "faster".
Old 05-10-2009, 09:16 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
SGC's DA was in the negative on that pass. S65 doesn't weigh 5000 lbs. Very close to the CL. The S 65 was also in a negative DA on those passes. Both those cars had the TCU mod. They would both trap lower without it. I think the "bottom line" is that the Renntech 695 kit makes close to 750 HP on race gas and the VRP 825 makes close to 825 HP on race gas. I think the conversion formula I posted above supports my statement. I still don't quite understand the point you're trying to make. How much does Renntech charge for that package anyway?
There is no arguing that 130 mph trap speed means Marko's car is making more power. All the 65s are capable of making great power depending how far you want to go. I chose to stick with Renntech Air box and ECU only. By the way Marko, my car's TCU was stock during my 10.98 @ 127 run. I guess a lot of misinformation out there about both of our cars.

I think it is great that others are exploring the limits of these cars.

Last edited by SGC; 05-10-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by SGC
There is no arguing that 130 mph trap speed means Marko's car is making more power. All the 65s are capable of making great power depending how far you want to go. I chose to stick with Renntech Air box and ECU only. By the way Marko, my car's TCU was stock during my 10.98 @ 127 run. I guess a lot of misinformation out there about both of our cars.

I think it is great that others are exploring the limits of these cars.
+1 You definitely have a fast 65 Steve, kudos
Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
This trap speed was achieved pretty much on 93 octane, the tune car has is for 100 octane. Car was making less power I would say than desired. I managed to drop 2 gallons of 100 octane on a quarter tank of 93 as soon as I got to track and ran her, if you see firt run was mediocre trapped 127 I think, second ECU started to adjust timing etc,......by the time car made it to jayson's hand it had 2 passes on the 3rd he managed to trap higher and so forth. This indicates that on each pass car was making adjustment and trap speed was increasing. now Imagine if it would have had ECU adapted and 1/4 tank of 100 octane, traps would have been significantly a +2-3 MPH.

Another restriction, I am running stock IC pump not enough flow. Should be running a stronger pump for the volume of water to be moved. Not making excuses, it is what it is. Next time I post a vid I will make sure car traps 140+ It will have more upgrades, stay posted.

Jody,

Your car is very impressive, and I look forward to you hitting 140 mph trap speeds.

Last edited by SGC; 05-11-2009 at 12:51 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This is what Renntech says about my car if you call and ask them. NOT GOOD.