W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what Renntech says about my car if you call and ask them. NOT GOOD.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:35 AM
SGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL65
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
+1 You definitely have a fast 65 Steve, kudos
Thanks Jay. I truly appreciate the fact you, Marko and Jody (hope I didn't leave anyone out) have been pushing the envelope with your cars. You guys have done a great job.

Last edited by SGC; 05-10-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
Thanks Jay. I truly appreciate the fact you, Marko and Jody (hope I didn't leave anyone out) have been pushing the envelope with your cars. You guys have done a great job.
Thanks.
So has Renntech with your car!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by SGC
Jodi,

Your car is very impressive, and I look forward to you hitting 140 mph trap speeds.
Thanks Steve, Your car is a beast as well. The 140 trap speed was an inside Joke. This car will not trap 140, maybe with some fat big turbos, lol...We will see what the future holds. Thanks Bro. You might have a neighbor next year.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I got lost in the discussion, but fwiw, Ken and Jeff have both been extremely helpful to me.

This probably has no value in the ongoing mbworld debate of who has the best AMG in the world, but I just felt like posting something.

Last edited by psk145; 05-11-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I was off-line all weekend and found 4 pages of back-and-forth posting in this thread. I was hoping Steve and Marko were going to go head-to-head at MIR in November 2009 in a CL65 2,000ft Negative DA slugfest...instead they came to an understanding...damn it!!!

Tom
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 AM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Steve, thanks for the "lesson". I am perfectly aware that RENN's long-tube headers remove the cats, I was simply pointing out that I had not mentioned the cats in my previous post (your initial response included "the car had cats").

I am well aware that you had the car on several occasions, and have no reason to doubt your claims that the car ran that night - and every night you had it - with shorty headers and primary cats. I assure you, however, that car was RENN's "test-fit" car for everything, and it had long-tubes in it on more than one occasion.

I think we're both sort of saying the same thing here - but just want to be clear, since this seems to be bothering you: I am not calling you a liar.

Originally Posted by SGC
Jo, you're probably a little confused as to the meaning of long tube headers. This appears to be the case when you implied that the primary cats were not removed in your statement above "I didn't say anything about the cats, only the secondaries". That doesn't make sense as to long tube headers. When you install long tube headers, the OEM primary cats (which you called "cats") would be removed, since the collector for a long tube header will exit next to the transmission under the car, well past where the primary cats are originally situated in the exhaust (up next to the block). As you know, I have had this car at the drag strip and in my garage on numerous occassions. This car never had long tube headers, and always had primary cats, prior to and at the drag strip when I went 11.50s. Maybe changed after my runs, but 1000% not before.