W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is this happening everytime it rains???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Thought I would update you guys. Total cost to fix this myself, $20 thanks to Lowes. I measured the inlet to the drainage hose we have in our Sunroof and marched down to Lowes on Saturday afternoon. I thought well all I have to do it buy a hose that is a tad smaller than what it in the sunroof and B pillar and thread it through the already assembled MB cracked hose.

Well this worked perfectly and to keep it in place and make sure the new hose does not slide down anymore than it should I glued the tip near the opening into our sunroof trough and coated the rim with water resistant silicone. I also inserted some weather sealant stripping into the trough to absorb any water than comes in. Once I let it sit for 24hrs I then parked the car in my driveway and let the rain do it's test.

The weather was great as it rained nearly the whole day here in Atlanta on Sunday and not one drop or wet spot any where. I am so happy that I got this finally taken care of for $20 as opposed to the raping the dealer wanted to hand out for $700!!!!
Awesome fix dude!

This is a good asset to others having a $700 dollar problem, a $20 solution !
Old 12-12-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
i have the same problem on the passenger side.
i pulled the A Pillar off and all i see is the metal tube for the SRS. ANyone know if they both feed to the driver side? also y is the water on that side if the tube isnt?