W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking the car in for service, need some help with a few problems.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics G35
Taking the car in for service, need some help with a few problems.

I'm going to be taking the car to the dealer soon, and I had some questions about the problems I'm having. I just like to know if its a common problem so I can let the service rep know exactly what the problem is so I don't have to explain it to them for an hour. Any help would be great guys!

Problem 1: I keep getting an "ESP Inoperative" warning light. It has been happening alot, comes on at all different times, sometimes when I first start the car, sometimes it comes on when I driving .

Problem 2: This just started a few days ago.... When I'm driving at night, if I his a bump/pothole in the road the headlights go all out of wack. The headlights will point downward like they do when the car starts, and the highbeams will point up to the sky. You can see about a 5 foot gap between where the low beams and high beams point. If I turn the car off, and then back on this goes away.

Problem 3: The cover that hides the CD changer opens, but does not want to close. I have tried to push it back, but that does not work at all. I can hit the button as many times as I want, but it just stays stuck half closed. I come back to the car a few hours later and it closes itself

Problem 4: Not a big problem, but the driver side AMG door sill keeps falling off.

Any help/info would be great!

Tom
Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
1. could be the AMS (Air Flow Mass Sensor) is bad...
2. check to see if you headlight is correct adjust or could be the bracket is broken..I would check it out first.
3. you probably need to replace a clip on the cd cover panelling. All you have to do is inspect it before you take it to the service department.
4. there is a female clip that you can replace (no big deal). it about a buck each..
Old 06-05-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics G35
Turns out the speed sensor is bad, and they have to replace the ESP unit. The headlights are out of wack because a steering angle sensor went bad. The CD changer has to be replaced too.

Car is still at the dealer I will post when I pick it up.