Sponsored by:

found this for the new m5 wow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
yes guys MB will not disapoint uus, they are putting the new engine 5.5 TT directly in the new CLS where as I think that this engine will be fitted in the E-class after doing a facelift to it ( such as what they did in w211 when fitting 63 engine )

the new 5.5Tt wil be 580hp stock.

and about the new M5 i read that it will have an 8 speed gear. the same one as in the new 760 which now they add a turbos to it and the power is more than 600hp.

regards,
Old 05-28-2009, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 e55 AMG
AMG FTW 
Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Razorecko
FI FTW !!!...if the 335i's are getting serious power with just a dp/tune I can imagine that a v8tt will be like 700hp to the wheels EASY with a tune and exhaust. AMG better step up its game asap. The only issue i have is I can only imagine how much heavier the new m5 will be over the previous gen
I had read somewhere that the TTv8's were boosted to 22 lbs. It has been a long time since I have had a TT motor, but 22 sounds like a lot of boost. Does anyone know what the 335 boost levels are after tunes?

Overall, I think this is a great move for BMW. If I could drop that motor under my hood today, I wouldn't think twice.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by enzom
I had read somewhere that the TTv8's were boosted to 22 lbs. It has been a long time since I have had a TT motor, but 22 sounds like a lot of boost. Does anyone know what the 335 boost levels are after tunes?

Overall, I think this is a great move for BMW. If I could drop that motor under my hood today, I wouldn't think twice.
Boost pressure needs to be looked at as a ratio to the diameter of the impeller wheel on the turbo. If it's a 76mm turbo, 22lbs is a TON of boost (meaning volume of air) . If it's a 40mm turbo, not so much. More than likely, we're looking at two very small snails packed in between the cylinder banks, so 22 pounds of boost isn't too extreme.

Chip tuning will certainly make a good deal more power as will some downpipes (up-pipes now that they've basically reversed the layout of the engine?).

It will be interesting to see how AMG reacts, they've publicly stated that their part in the "horsepower wars" is over, but now there's rumor of a 5.5 liter TT motor. If that is released it should put both marques on an even level from a power production standpoint, however Mercedes has some catching up to do in the steering/suspension department.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Boost pressure needs to be looked at as a ratio to the diameter of the impeller wheel on the turbo. If it's a 76mm turbo, 22lbs is a TON of boost (meaning volume of air) . If it's a 40mm turbo, not so much. More than likely, we're looking at two very small snails packed in between the cylinder banks, so 22 pounds of boost isn't too extreme.

Chip tuning will certainly make a good deal more power as will some downpipes (up-pipes now that they've basically reversed the layout of the engine?).

It will be interesting to see how AMG reacts, they've publicly stated that their part in the "horsepower wars" is over, but now there's rumor of a 5.5 liter TT motor. If that is released it should put both marques on an even level from a power production standpoint, however Mercedes has some catching up to do in the steering/suspension department.
+1. My old Bmw 545i had beter steering and suspention then my c63. Then again it's a c class so maybe I'm asking for tomuch
Old 05-28-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by mthis
+1. My old Bmw 545i had beter steering and suspention then my c63. Then again it's a c class so maybe I'm asking for tomuch
I don't think you're asking for too much, the M3 outhandles the M5. Mercedes has always been more about comfortThe C63 is a quantum leap for Mercedes as far as handling and steering dynamics are concerned, and it benefits from Merc's cost-cutting measures of not wanting to R&D a smaller engine, so they just shoehorned big brother's motor in there. Overall it's a huge win and a major step for Merc.

Of course the one caveat that you mentioned, is that it's still a C-class. That stigma can be tough to overcome. I would really like an M3 as I don't need the extra doors of the M5 and I'm trying to cut down on costs (I have a 100 mile commute total, daily), but I just can't stand 99% of M3 drivers and don't want to be stuck in with them.