Sponsored by:

Renntech ELM V2 Settings - Front and Rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Renntech ELM V2 Settings - Front and Rear

Just got my ELM V2 installed by AutoScope.net in Dallas yesterday. The facility has nothing but the best equipment and is spotless. The interactions with the workers are by far the friendliest.

I was wondering what settings you guys are running on the ELM front and rear. According to the installation manual, we should not go lower then a setting of 5 (1 Inch drop) for AMG cars. I have them at setting 5 front and rear but would like to go a tad lower if it can be done without damaging the suspension long term. Any drawbacks going lower?

This is a daily driver. Will have pics up shortly.

Josh
Old 05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Spend a little extra cash and get the remote control unit for your v2 ELM. With it, you can instantly adjust the front and rear settings until you have your car sitting exactly as low as you want it. And then change the settings whenever you feel like it. The remote overrides the internal knobs in the v2 unit, and allows more precise height adjustments than are possible with the knobs alone. It's really the primary purpose for the v2 ELM. Without the remote, you might as well have bought a used v1 and saved some cash.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:33 PM

2010 E63 AMG
Thank you for the response Komp55. I would say the V2 has a benefit where you do not need to splice any wires. In the future I will purchase the remote if I do more precise height adjustments. The remote comes in handy if your car is on display, you want to lower it lower then normal and you are on an uneven surface.

I guess I should reword the question. How much lower from stock can you go without putting strain on the suspension front and rear? Renntech states AMG cars should not be adjusted lower then 1". You can go lower then that for show but not to drive.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by jng204
I would say the V2 has a benefit where you do not need to splice any wires.
That's a good point, and I can't believe I forgot about it. That was a major reason I installed my own v2 myself.

Originally Posted by jng204
I guess I should reword the question. How much lower from stock can you go without putting strain on the suspension front and rear? Renntech states AMG cars should not be adjusted lower then 1". You can go lower then that for show but not to drive.
I don't think anyone really knows for sure except the suspension engineers at MB. I would tend to agree with the Renntech recommendation, and for most daily driving, tend to keep mine down about .8" in front and .6" for the rear. On my car, those settings nicely close the fender gaps while leaving enough rake to suit me.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
I am running "0" front and "2" rear settings on the V2 ELM. My car is using ABC suspension though, not Airmatic.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM

2007 E63
I run 5 in the front and 7 in the rear. This basically gives me a 1 finger gap front and rear.