Sponsored by:

Tyre pressure monitor issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Tyre pressure monitor issue.

I fitted my beautiful new type IV AMG alloys together with PS2's (amazing improvement over stock conti's BTW), I used the valves off a Bentley GT Speed, no reason in particular just that i had one in the shop last week that we bought some wheels for after they got stolen and they looked pretty cool.

So i reset the system, got in it and drove around for a few minutes but its not reading and asking me to visit workshop.

I called MB, could not get through to SA but spoke to a parts advisor and he said valves don't have sensors on my car according to his system.

Your help would be appreciated.

Paul.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:19 AM

E55 AMG
Here is a picture of the car on the new wheels

Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
The TPMS sensor attaches to the back side of the valve stem and is pretty hard to miss as it is not a small piece. You will most likely need to use the stock MB valve stem with the TPMS sensor to make it bolt up unless the Bentley uses the same brand of OEM sensor.

Did you dismount the tires off your old wheels to remove the sensors? If not, do so and as long as you put them back in the same corner they came from, it should read the sensors and fix the problem.

Good luck, TPMS can be a bid of a voodoo dance to make it work at times. I like having it though.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
The TPMS sensor attaches to the back side of the valve stem and is pretty hard to miss as it is not a small piece. You will most likely need to use the stock MB valve stem with the TPMS sensor to make it bolt up unless the Bentley uses the same brand of OEM sensor.

Did you dismount the tires off your old wheels to remove the sensors? If not, do so and as long as you put them back in the same corner they came from, it should read the sensors and fix the problem.

Good luck, TPMS can be a bid of a voodoo dance to make it work at times. I like having it though.
+1
Old 06-01-2009, 04:12 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Blacksport350

Aarh Sh*t! the guys @ the tyre shop are going to be pissed when i tell them the tyres have to come off the 19's again, they were scared ****-less when fitting them in case they damaged the alloys..

No, I did not dismount the tyres off the old alloys, they are in excellent condition so I'm just going to keep them and then when i eventually sell the car i can give the new owner the option 19's or stock. I will just have to buy new OEM sensor/valve if not to expensive is there a way to turn off the function? At the moment it keeps reminding me that it is inoperative.

Thank you

Paul