W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help making this a smooth transaction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 PM

Location: hwy 30 upstream from imploded trojan (home of playmate of the year) in ORYGUN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55,-if it has a engine or hair- i'll drive it
help making this a smooth transaction

so i just confirmed i'm buying my first mb 04 e55. its in FL. it has carfax certified etc, warranty etc. my first question is how about going to transferring this. i reside on the west coast and can either fly out there and hand him the check and drop the car off at a terminal to have shipped over or maybe if MB dealer will take the car in and inspect and verify the Vin # etc and have it shipped from there. i just want this to be as smooth and as efficent as possible for the both of us. also would a extra set of 19 and tires fit in the trunk for transportation when shipped?
any advice will help. feel free to post or pm. thanks to this board alone i'm getting into my first MB
Old 06-07-2009, 11:50 PM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
I would highly recommand that you see the car in person. You never know what others expectations of a nice care are compared to yours. Also if you want to ship tires in the trunk you should confirm with the transport company some companys do not allow you to transport anything in the vehical for the fear of transfering illegal materials I had that experience happen to me. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by asleep
so i just confirmed i'm buying my first mb 04 e55. its in FL. it has carfax certified etc, warranty etc. my first question is how about going to transferring this. i reside on the west coast and can either fly out there and hand him the check and drop the car off at a terminal to have shipped over or maybe if MB dealer will take the car in and inspect and verify the Vin # etc and have it shipped from there. i just want this to be as smooth and as efficent as possible for the both of us. also would a extra set of 19 and tires fit in the trunk for transportation when shipped?
any advice will help. feel free to post or pm. thanks to this board alone i'm getting into my first MB
My experience, as well as others that bought MB's out of state were to get them inspected at a MB dealership like you mentioned. I had this done myself, on my CLS, I just had it shipped once Park Place called me and sent over the inspection report. Check was sent, and car was shipped to my door. The driver even called me three times for status of ETA.

On the R it was inspected by MB again, but I flew up and drove it back home.

Not sure on the tires. Hopefully everything will be smooth, and you will be enjoying your car soon.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 AM

E63, S550
do NOT rely on Carfax. There is a thread on ClubLexus where an Atlanta dealer was showing people a clean Carfax when in fact the cars they were selling had major damage.

And have a dealer or a trusted mechanic check out the car.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by LB63
do NOT rely on Carfax. There is a thread on ClubLexus where an Atlanta dealer was showing people a clean Carfax when in fact the cars they were selling had major damage.

And have a dealer or a trusted mechanic check out the car.
Good point, I did all three:

1. Car Fax
2. Auto Check
3. MB dealer inspection