IAT data logging Intresting results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by str8ridin
I'm still waiting on one of the E 55/63 guys to make a ram air set up like yours!
while not quite like ahmad's set up, there are a few of us playing with ram air.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
while not quite like ahmad's set up, there are a few of us playing with ram air.

Really? Quit the foreplay and just show me damn it!! lol
Old 06-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by str8ridin
I'm still waiting on one of the E 55/63 guys to make a ram air set up like yours!
Well I have changed my setup for now. It is no longer ram air until I find a new way to setup my system. I felt the y-pipe was too restrictive as well as my MAF housing (you 55k guys dont have to worry about that). For now its just a single pipe with a cone filter. I can post a cell phone pic if you like. I dont remember exactly but I believe the stock y-pipe had a ID of 74mm for the outlet. Rule of thumb, you want your TB to be the smallest portion of your intake setup. All other piping before it should be bigger
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i doubt that setup will shave .3 off the et
Thats what I was hinting at but I wont say its mpossible. Unlikely but not impossible
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Awesome bro, your car is going to be such a monster real soon (as if it isn't already LOL). I gotta start making some changes on my ride to keep up!

Last edited by blackbenzz; 06-21-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i doubt that setup will shave .3 off the et
Well my data may not be as scientific as 1320' but I ran back to back w/stock setup vs my NEW set-up vs another friends fast car, same place/same day etc & pulled multi lengths w/Dremeled airboxes & foam filters on out side. (we did these runs from roll-ons 40-140 half a dozen times w/each setup)

Rule of thumb is roughly .1 tenth for every car length, I'm just trying to help (Like in Jangy's Mushroom-Filter thread, I posted cheaper near identical alternative product info, only to have you shoot it down)

BTW the cheaper alternatives have screws for filter replacement just like HKS variant, only they're not pictured. I could take some pix of the 1's I bought if you like.

Last edited by Thericker; 06-21-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
0.3s is a HUGE gain. Some people barely shave 3 tenths of using a 100 shot of nitrous
Only if your Screen name rhymes w/FART lol...

When I had my C6 Vette, the Vararam air-intake quoted gains .4 tenths gained down 1320' There was quite a bit of doubters on that too, until a bunch of members used it @ Drags
Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
I don't think you can make a statement that any of the 3 methods are better/worse as the starting temps were all different. Perhaps you could look at the delta increase but its impossible to see any material change. You need a reduction of like 10 degrees F to see a ~7-10 HP gain.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by e55 baller
I don't think you can make a statement that any of the 3 methods are better/worse as the starting temps were all different. Perhaps you could look at the delta increase but its impossible to see any material change. You need a reduction of like 10 degrees F to see a ~7-10 HP gain.
Thay was more the point of my data, That there was little to no change not that there was a massive change nor do i feel that that one or the other made any HP. It just show that you can draw in underhood air with simular results, with that info maybe some people might want to try a less restrictive filter/tube setup that will yeild more horsepower with out the worry of higher IAT? Plus like I said in my post before, you should do your own data logging and make your own choices. For me I have the pass. side tube one and drivers tube off.