Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of an E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by ZEEK
hey guys, i am selling my clk to get into an E55. I just wanted to get some info from you guys before buying one. Do you guys think the prices will drop significantly in a few more months when the new e class hits the roads? Or it wont matter? I cant wait to buy this car but if i can wait a few months and save a grand or two then why not? Also what to look for what problems what specific areas to look for in the car? Appreciate the help
Can't help you with the prognostication of price drops but the only real advice I can give you is...

1. Buy the latest MY year you can afford (with the lowest miles)...
2. Invest in CPO or aftermarket warranty after factory is over...
3. Pay the couple of hundred bucks to get a pre-purchase inspection from an independent ASE MB tech shop.
4. Do your due diligence with regard to carfax and VIN research at your dealership (w/ regard to any work on the car)...
5. If you find a car that is piques your interest and it is out of town...use the MBWorld forum to see if another member can check it out for you.
6. Be patient...
Old 07-12-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 C230 sports
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Looks at this one, I am surprised at this price !!!
Its 06 Panaroof, Parking sensor, Keylessgo, Dynamic seat, rear sunshade... for $26900 with 58800 miles. Its not far from my work....
if you are interested, i can go check it out for you ! I just paid mine E55 $28k with 75k miles ! Damn.....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
FYI, I contacted the seller last week also regard to this car and it has a salvage title so I was like "nevermind".