I Gloat. I Smile. I'm Going..... Round 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
I Gloat. I Smile. I'm Going..... Round 2

I Gloat. I Smile. I'm Going.....Round 1 last year it was the AMG Challenge in Las Vegas.

Round 2, I signed up for the AMG Academy Stage II at Laguna Seca Nov 7-8. I noticed that is exactly 4 months from now and I started getting excited already like a kid on Christmas eve. I am going to have the new E63 to play with! I need to make sure that if I go off track and hit anything I am going backwards. Damaging that rear end would be an improvement! But I am looking forward to the new front suspension and transmission. I will probably spend most of my time in the E, because at 6' 4" I do not fit well in the others (particularly with a helmet).

If you look at the track calendar here http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Track_Rental_2009 you will note that AMG has the track from 11/2 through 11/24.

The SLS will definitely be there 11/17-20 for those who paid for the Stage 1 SLS events. I plan on going to the track on the weekends bracketing this to see what is going on with the SLS and whatever else they may be doing. AMG is tight lipped and I bet they did not expect someone to investigate the track calander.

The other cool thing is that we know AMG engineers from Germany will be at the venue because no one in the US will be SLS trained yet. MJ, I wonder if some of our Black Series engineer friends will be there.

By the way, here is the AMG Academy link http://www.amgacademy.com/course.aspx?url=1

Obviously I will be taking pictures and video and posting.

Yeah, I am posting early, but hey... I'm a car nut.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun..... I see they're having a stage 1 SLS, but do you know if they'll have a regular stage 1 at Laguna this year?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 751 Likes on 732 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
i'll be there...