Any interest in DC metro area meet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by itsmeek
You guys are great for replying to my need for tires. .
hmm.. Title of Thread:Any interest in DC metro area meet?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32, G60 Corrado
Sat the 25th works for me..
Old 07-20-2009, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Total Wine isn't that far from the 495 exit off of chain bridge Only other choice would be a parking lot of one of the office buildings directly across from Tysons 2 Galleria. Booze Allen?? or Chevy Chase building next to Mclean Hilton. They have alot of parking as well and probably empty.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 PM

2005 Lotus Elise (red on black)
OK, I'll throw out another random idea since the Total Wine lot may be too far off the Beltway. What about the parking lot near the intersection of Rt 123 and Rt 7 just in front of the now-closed World Market and Linens N' Things? Last time I checked, both of those stores had closed up shop and there weren't any cars in the lot when I drove by. Can anyone in the Tysons area confirm that? If so, that site is not too far off the Beltway and would be very easy to find. And I can't imagine anyone would give us grief for parking a bunch of cars there since I don't think anyone has moved into those stores.

Just an idea. -- Adam T.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by have_a_cigar
OK, I'll throw out another random idea since the Total Wine lot may be too far off the Beltway. What about the parking lot near the intersection of Rt 123 and Rt 7 just in front of the now-closed World Market and Linens N' Things? Last time I checked, both of those stores had closed up shop and there weren't any cars in the lot when I drove by. Can anyone in the Tysons area confirm that? If so, that site is not too far off the Beltway and would be very easy to find. And I can't imagine anyone would give us grief for parking a bunch of cars there since I don't think anyone has moved into those stores.

Just an idea. -- Adam T.
That might work; although I've been to dozens of meets in Tysons Galleria over in the corner of the upper deck Macy's lot and never once did the security ask us to leave; and I was with a lot of BMW guys as well...

just keep us posted somewhere around there should work I'd think...
Old 07-21-2009, 05:44 PM

2009 CLK550
I'll offer out an idea that the local PCA chapter uses. Across the side street from Morton's in Tyson's corner is a NYC-style deli, Chutzpah. They do great breakfast in there at a reasonable price, and are used to having car guys hang out in the parking lot on Saturday mornings.

It would be wierd going there in a Merc instead of a P-car though.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Where ever you guys (Karlson or whomever is creating this meet) decide, can you please post a final address and time when that has been determined so that we can put that onto our gps or mapquest etc...at this point we have several suggestions and need someone to champion this action item.

thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 06:27 PM

2005 Lotus Elise (red on black)
Originally Posted by Sunir
I've been to dozens of meets in Tysons Galleria over in the corner of the upper deck Macy's lot and never once did the security ask us to leave; and I was with a lot of BMW guys as well...
That sounds great to me, but I thought others had ruled that out for some reason. But I like that idea.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
That sounds great to me, but I thought others had ruled that out for some reason. But I like that idea.
+1 - I've met there in the past with a local BMW M5 group. It's easy to find, it's accessible, it's clean, it's open, and there usually aren't a lot of cars in the lot. I also like the idea of close convenient restaurants with large lots in the area that we can relocate to if we get chased off by the "Mall Cops".
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
oh boy, some guys seriously confused me. I just went inside of Tysons Galleria and talked to a security officer, he had no idea if it is illegal to have a gathering outside on parking lot, he told me that their parking lots are only for people who are visiting Galleria shops and restaurants. But screw it, I know I am kind of lame with doing this meet, but final decision is: MACY'S at Tyson Galleria Mall. this Saturday at 11am. There is a Magiano's little Italy right there if someone wants to have a lunch after.

Addy: Tysons Galleria, 2001 International Drive, McLean, Virginia 22102
Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Karlson
oh boy, some guys seriously confused me. I just went inside of Tysons Galleria and talked to a security officer, he had no idea if it is illegal to have a gathering outside on parking lot, he told me that their parking lots are only for people who are visiting Galleria shops and restaurants. But screw it, I know I am kind of lame with doing this meet, but final decision is: MACY'S at Tyson Galleria Mall. this Saturday at 11am. There is a Magiano's little Italy right there if someone wants to have a lunch after.

Addy: Tysons Galleria, 2001 International Drive, McLean, Virginia 22102
Good, I'll be there, the extended weather forecast is favorable and i like the idea of "doing lunch" later.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
please bring BS!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550

Just an idea. -- Adam T.
there is also a hand-wash place right next door. It was good enough for my Passat, but I don't know if I would give them my cherry S55

anyone know the place, and if it's any good?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
there is also a hand-wash place right next door. It was good enough for my Passat, but I don't know if I would give them my cherry S55

anyone know the place, and if it's any good?
Hmm. Are you talking about a place that is on a gas station near bed bath and beyond? I like that car wash a lot, they do a good job. Don't go to Embassy Auto wash. really pos place and more expensive.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:09 AM

please bring BS!
I will bring my CLKBS.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:28 AM

E55
Originally Posted by 4ociousE55
I will bring my CLKBS.
COOL!!! My buddy just sold his GTR for a BS and he is in LOVE... He says it's a perfect daily driver, not too raw or visceral but very civilized. I am in serach for one myself. Can't wait to see it and get a chance to drive it if feasible
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Hmm. Are you talking about a place that is on a gas station near bed bath and beyond? I like that car wash a lot, they do a good job. Don't go to Embassy Auto wash. really pos place and more expensive.
I don't think there is a gas station. I'm talking about the one right on 7 next to BBB, a couple buildings east of where Sam & Harry's used to be. Even though I've been driving by it for years, I have no idea what it's called.

I just realized I was way off base with the location.
I confused Linens N Things with BBB. Did the world market close? I missed that.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by e43sport
COOL!!! My buddy just sold his GTR for a BS and he is in LOVE... He says it's a perfect daily driver, not too raw or visceral but very civilized. I am in serach for one myself. Can't wait to see it and get a chance to drive it if feasible
No problem, I'll give anyone who wants to drive my CLKBS the opportunity. Your friend is 100% correct, it's a GREAT car and a lot better than a GT-R (IMHO). I bought mine from a Nissan dealer who took it in trade on a GT-R. The former owner was back two days later trying to reverse the deal but couldn't. His loss, my gain and I couldn't be happier. It's a keeper.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:52 PM

02 C32, G60 Corrado
I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing all you guys.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by e43sport
This is a good deal and price if you're interested.

Just took it for the the run before packing it up and selling it. It has 2100 miles on it and is in perfect running condition. Has the black cable iPod connector that words with the newest iPhones and will install bluetooth if someone needs it.

Asking price for my MBWorld Friends BEFORE I place it on Ebay: $82K

I can post pics but really I think everyone knows what it is and you can hold me to the condition. Right now it is in the garage with its car cover on it waiting for you.

Thanks,
Learso
Boston, MA
617-331-6900
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy

Just took it for the the run before packing it up and selling it. It has 2100 miles on it and is in perfect running condition. Has the black cable iPod connector that words with the newest iPhones and will install bluetooth if someone needs it.

I can post pics but really I think everyone knows what it is and you can hold me to the condition. Right now it is in the garage with its car cover on it waiting for you.

Thanks,
Learso
Boston, MA
617-331-6900
Learso? Wow I bought my CLK55 from him! Good guy
Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 PM

E55

Thanks,
Learso
Boston, MA
617-331-6900
Thanks for a referral. Just talked to him. A nice guy, another car nut himself. His BS is a black/black. I really wanted a white one... but not too many of these cars are out there. Can't wait till see yours.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Just checked weather for tomorrow. Mostly sunny!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Damn! Missed this by one day. I'm flying out to Chicago tomorrow to drive back my new car (see sig )

Maybe next time.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
congrats on your purchase. sl600.. baller!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any interest in DC metro area meet?