Sponsored by:

E55 vs. CLS55... Help me decide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS430
Originally Posted by fshrking
I cannot believe this car. I absolutely love it. If anyone is thinking of buying an E55 (or a CLS55), run don't walk to your local dealer and get one. I bought a used 2006 E55 AMG with 22,000 miles. I finally, finally have the crazy ridiculous make-my-wife-scream acceleration and torque that I've always dreamed of.

I can't believe I gave serious consideration to a C350 (new) and a G37 Sedan (new). This thing is the most awesome machine I have ever touched. Can you tell I'm giddy? I'm taking it to a High Performance driving school at VIR in September and I can't wait. The torque. Oh my G. The torque from the time you mash the pedal is absolutely insane.

More later.

Congrats! Wait until you put a pulley and tune on it. Also, good to do an aftermarket heat exchanger and CM30 Intercooler Pump for consistent supercharger operation during the gut wrenching pulls.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Congrats, gotta love when you truly love what you just bought.

To put my opinion in here, I like the E much better, I've never liked the CLS design at all, and think that it won't age very well, as it is a very fashionable at the moment design. The AMG E is a truly sleek, and stealthy design, which will always look sharp and hot, as long as it's maintained well.