Bay Area Body Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Bay Area Body Shop Recommendations

Advice needed from all your San Francisco Bay Area Members

I was driving through a re-paving zone on Hwy 80 near Fairfield heading east and got pelted by small rocks and pebbles. I now have rock chips on the bumper and hood. Since my car is black, the chipped areas are really noticeable. I'm planning to have the bumber and hood re-painted with the Nano paint/clearcoat.

I've done searches here and have come up with some useful information. I've also contacted many of the local dealers for their recommendations and "certified" body shop. Below is a list of the shops given to me. Let me know if any of you have had personal experiences with these body shops or if you know of other shops.

MBZ of El Dorado Hills recommended: Cooks Collision
MBZ of SF: European Collision
MBZ of Walnut Creek: Concord Collision Care
Autobahn: Euro Tech Collision
Fletcher Jones has their own.

I'm looking for a shop who will be using the OEM Nanoceramic paint/clearcoat. If you know of other recommended shops, I'm open to it. Any inputs you guys may have will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!

Last edited by aganzon; 06-17-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:02 PM

W209 - 2004 CLK 320
Originally Posted by aganzon
Advice needed from all your San Francisco Bay Area Members

I was driving through a re-paving zone on Hwy 80 near Fairfield heading east and got pelted by small rocks and pebbles. I now have rock chips on the bumper and hood. Since my car is black, the chipped areas are really noticeable. I'm planning to have the bumber and hood re-painted with the Nano paint/clearcoat.

I've done searches here and have come up with some useful information. I've also contacted many of the local dealers for their recommendations and "certified" body shop. Below is a list of the shops given to me. Let me know if any of you have had personal experiences with these body shops or if you know of other shops.

MBZ of El Dorado Hills recommended: Cooks Collision
MBZ of SF: European Collision
MBZ of Walnut Creek: Concord Collision Care
Autobahn: Euro Tech Collision
Fletcher Jones has their own.

I'm looking for a shop who will be using the OEM Nanoceramic paint/clearcoat. If you know of other recommended shops, I'm open to it. Any inputs you guys may have will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!

I hate driving up there to that repaving area, I live in Vallejo but coach for my son's Bball team in Fairfield. I'm glad it's almost done though. I used European Collision a couple of months ago and I'm completely satisfied with the paint job. They repainted my rear bumper and changed the chrome strip for about $400. Looks great and for the cost, I couldn't complain.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:02 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by OcangCLK
I hate driving up there to that repaving area, I live in Vallejo but coach for my son's Bball team in Fairfield. I'm glad it's almost done though. I used European Collision a couple of months ago and I'm completely satisfied with the paint job. They repainted my rear bumper and changed the chrome strip for about $400. Looks great and for the cost, I couldn't complain.
OcangCLK: Thanks bro. I'll give them a call. Do you know if they used the oem nano paint/clear? What color is your ride?

Small world. What part of V-town are you from? I'm at Hiddenbrooke!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
KASS in Santa Clara I think. Maybe San Jose. Recommended by a claims adjuster. Used by Smythe (not that Smythe is any great shakes, but it does mean Kass knows MBs).

Of course no one can put back the nano ceramic coating if you have it.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
KASS in Santa Clara I think. Maybe San Jose. Recommended by a claims adjuster. Used by Smythe (not that Smythe is any great shakes, but it does mean Kass knows MBs).

Of course no one can put back the nano ceramic coating if you have it.
Jon: When the car trailer scraped your car at the track last October, did you have your car repainted by them? How is the paint and the clear bra holding up? Thanks!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
German Motorcars in SF. Tops and great pricing. They can do anything from frame work to detailing.

Skeeter
Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 PM

2005 E55
Not sure if you want to go this route but about 4 months ago I had a mobile guy repaint the bumper on my 99 Vette & the rear bumper on my wife's Lexus. Both were metallic paint & they came out flawless. I actually found him on a Ferrari forum. He also had good recommendations on a a Porsche forum. He does alot of Ferraris & Porsches. He matches the paint in his mobile van. Not sure if he does nano clearcoat, but he does use PPG which makes ceramic clear coat. Let me know if you are interested & I will look for the link when I get home from work.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Skeeter
German Motorcars in SF. Tops and great pricing. They can do anything from frame work to detailing.

Skeeter
Thanks Skeeter!

OT: were you a F14 pilot? I like your avatar.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by inrealtime
Not sure if you want to go this route but about 4 months ago I had a mobile guy repaint the bumper on my 99 Vette & the rear bumper on my wife's Lexus. Both were metallic paint & they came out flawless. I actually found him on a Ferrari forum. He also had good recommendations on a a Porsche forum. He does alot of Ferraris & Porsches. He matches the paint in his mobile van. Not sure if he does nano clearcoat, but he does use PPG which makes ceramic clear coat. Let me know if you are interested & I will look for the link when I get home from work.
Inrealtime: yes I am interested in looking into that option. Always good to have options. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Fletcher Jones Body Shop

Anyone have any experience with Fletcher Jones' body shop in Fremont?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:47 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
Originally Posted by aganzon
I'm at Hiddenbrooke!
The golf course? Nice golf course and development.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by coolcamden
The golf course? Nice golf course and development.
Yup. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:03 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Hey inrealtime,

By the way, how's the paint holding up? I know it's only been about 4 months...
Old 06-18-2009, 07:31 PM

2005 E55
Paint looked great. Held up well. I just sold the Vette, but it still looked good. On my wife's Lexus, we are both still very satisfied with his work. His color matching is great. You can't even tell.

His name is Luis 408-230-5440
Email lmcartouchup@yahoo.com

If you email him a picture of the damage he can give you a estimate

Not sure if we can put links to websites here, but I believe you could figure it out by dropping the @yahoo in the email address
Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Paint looked great. Held up well. I just sold the Vette, but it still looked good. On my wife's Lexus, we are both still very satisfied with his work. His color matching is great. You can't even tell.

His name is Luis 408-230-5440
Email lmcartouchup@yahoo.com

If you email him a picture of the damage he can give you a estimate

Not sure if we can put links to websites here, but I believe you could figure it out by dropping the @yahoo in the email address
I'll check out his site and shoot him an email. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:08 PM

Mercedes c55
Kick *** body shop

I can also speak highly about European Collision in SF. thier work was perfect as was thier service.
not sure about address but phone is 415-551-9700
met one of thier owners, some German guy. ya wanna talk paint this guy will give you more information than you ever want. he used to work for some paint company as a technician.
good luck.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:53 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
classic autocraft engineering, san rafael mb certified and they do all rab motors (marin mb dealer) cars have worked on mine-highly recommend good luck